Windows 10: Unable to open folders when I double click.

Discus and support Unable to open folders when I double click. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Except for photos, whenever I double click on a file in a folder, I get the rotating donut and the file never opens. This happens for Word, PPT, Excel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tom wetland, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Unable to open folders when I double click.

Except for photos, whenever I double click on a file in a folder, I get the rotating donut and the file never opens. This happens for Word, PPT, Excel at least. It's not the mouse since doube click on photos in the folders opens the photo up immediately. It also happens with any ne file I save. If I go into the pogram such as Word then I can open the files from there.

thanks for any help.

tom

:)

Tom wetland, Feb 29, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 29, 2020
  3. unable to open photos by left clicking

Hi Connie,

Different devices have their own settings which go as well with opening files and folders. You can change the settings if you would like to double-click or single-clicking the files in opening them. We suggest checking the steps below to possibly resolve
    your concern.

Change double click to single click

• To effect this change, You will have to change a setting in your Folder Options now called File Explorer Options in Windows 10.

• To do this, type ‘Folder‘ in Start Search and click on Folder Options or File Explorer Options.

• Here under the General tab, you will see Click items as follows. Select Single-click to open an item (point to select). You may also want to select the Underline icon only when I point at option. Click
      Apply > OK > Exit.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Unable to open folders when I double click.

Unable to open document folders

Hi Sherry,

There are several possible reasons why you're experiencing this such as malware infections, system file corruptions, etc. For us to isolate your concern, we'll be needing answers to the following:

• Are you receiving any error messages when you try to open the folders that you mentioned?
    • Have you tried opening other folders and see if the issue persists?
    • Do you encounter the same issue with other user accounts on your computer?

If you only have a single user account, we suggest creating another one with admin privileges. To do so, follow the steps on this

article

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Unable to open folders when I double click.

1. Unable to open folders when I double click. - Similar Threads - Unable open folders

2. Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".: When I open any folders, it opens "this PC". When I try win+r and type "control", it opens "this PC". Clicking folders on the "Navigation pane" works correctly. I tried anti-virus software, but it didn't find anything suspicious. I tried to log in with another local user...
  3. Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".: When I open any folders, it opens "this PC". When I try win+r and type "control", it opens "this PC". Clicking folders on the "Navigation pane" works correctly. I tried anti-virus software, but it didn't find anything suspicious. I tried to log in with another local user...
  4. Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Double click on the folder is not opening it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click on the folder is not opening it: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-folder-is-not-opening-it/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  6. Double-clicking opens folders but not files

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking opens folders but not files: When I double-click on a folder, the folder opens. Good. But when I double-click on a file or document for the first time, it doesn't open (i.e., it doesn't launch the application to read that file). Instead, the filename is shaded and there's a box around the filename as if...
  7. I was tryna open a folder on my Desktop. When I double-clicked the folder the windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was tryna open a folder on my Desktop. When I double-clicked the folder the windows...: [ATTACH] Image submitted by /u/ItsMeEnx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hyxqrl/i_was_tryna_open_a_folder_on_my_desktop_when_i/
  8. [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click: Recently, an issue arised in which I can't open file folders with double click. The spinning wheel cursor shows up for a split second but nothing happens. I have to open context menu and choose Open to access the folder. I noticed I can't open folders within Chrome download...
  9. Double click folder opens new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click folder opens new folder: I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and...
  10. When double clicking a folder, cmd tries to run instead of opening it.

in Windows 10 Support
    When double clicking a folder, cmd tries to run instead of opening it.: When i try opening a folder, an error pops up. That's because cmd is my default action when double clicking. This all started after installing some Windows 10 updates. Can someone please tell me how to get rid of cmd on my context menu? it's really annoying!*Mad [img]...