Windows 10: Unable to open Google Drive, Settings menu, iCloud Drive, or webpages and can’t search…....

Discus and support Unable to open Google Drive, Settings menu, iCloud Drive, or webpages and can’t search….... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can’t get windows settings menu to fully open… or load I should say, can’t search, can’t open google drive, then iCloud Drive began not opening, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Krysta King, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Unable to open Google Drive, Settings menu, iCloud Drive, or webpages and can’t search…....

I can’t get windows settings menu to fully open… or load I should say, can’t search, can’t open google drive, then iCloud Drive began not opening, then webpages began to not load… This all started with not being able to open google drive due to “user not having read and write permissions” for such and such folder but when I went to that folders properties, I already had full access. So I went through all the folders in the string and checked those just to be sure but all already had full access. Yet still, unable to open drive from anywhere except from the website. That is until that suddenly

:)

Krysta King, Dec 6, 2023

2. Unable to set up Google as default search engine in Windows Edge

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to set Google as default search engine. Here are the steps which might help you to set it as default search engine or home page.

• Open Windows edge.
    • Click on More actions (Three dots ...)
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on view advanced settings.
    • Turn on "Show the home button"
    • Enter the URL of the website which you want to set as your home page.
    • Close the Windows edge and open it again you will be able to get you desired webpage as your home page.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Icloud drive not enabled

I've spent several hours trying to get icloud drive working on a new windows 11 home (22H2), fully patched as of 13th June. The version of icloud is 14.2.96.0 downloaded from the Microsoft store today.

Icloud appears to install ok and it appears in the collapsed section on the right hand side of the task bar. If I select "go to icloud.com" everything is fine but when I select "Open icloud Settings" an iCloud icon appears on the task bar and if I hover the cursor over it it displays a thumbnail of the icloud settings window but I can't open the settings window to make changes. I can also tab through the open windows and see the settings window but can't select and open/activate it (although I can close it).

I've amended the windows settings to launch icloud at start-up and get the message icloud is not enabled each time I re-boot. I've de- and re-installed icloud 3 times but there is no change. Itunes seems to work ok and an icloud photos folder has been set up on the c:drive but isn't synching.

icloud is workiing fine on my ios devices and on the windows 10 pc that I'm migrating from.

Only apps that have been installed so far apart from the base windows build are McAfee, Malwarebytes, MS365 and Google Drive.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

IainPatfield, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Unable to open Google Drive, Settings menu, iCloud Drive, or webpages and can’t search…....

Google improving search in Google Drive on Android and iOS

Source: Google Workspace Updates: Improving search in Google Drive on Android and iOS

Brink, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Unable to open Google Drive, Settings menu, iCloud Drive, or webpages and can’t search…....

1. Unable to open Google Drive, Settings menu, iCloud Drive, or webpages and can’t search….... - Similar Threads - Unable open Google

2. Unable to open Google Drive, Settings menu, iCloud Drive, or webpages and can’t search…....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open Google Drive, Settings menu, iCloud Drive, or webpages and can’t search…....: I can’t get windows settings menu to fully open… or load I should say, can’t search, can’t open google drive, then iCloud Drive began not opening, then webpages began to not load… This all started with not being able to open google drive due to “user not having read and write...
  3. Can’t open Google Drive files. Can’t get settings menu to load. Can’t search, open iCloud...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open Google Drive files. Can’t get settings menu to load. Can’t search, open iCloud...: I can’t get windows settings menu to fully open, can’t search, can’t open google drive, then iCloud Drive began not opening, then webpages began to not load?! This all started with not being able to open google drive due to “user not having read and write permissions” for...
  4. Can’t open Google Drive files. Can’t get settings menu to load. Can’t search, open iCloud...

Can’t open Google Drive files. Can’t get settings menu to load. Can’t search, open iCloud...: I can’t get windows settings menu to fully open, can’t search, can’t open google drive, then iCloud Drive began not opening, then webpages began to not load?! This all started with not being able to open google drive due to “user not having read and write permissions” for...
  5. Unable to open windows application in google drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open windows application in google drive: Hi Team,We have windows appliction hosted in Google Drive. One of the business user is not able to open EXE from shared Google drive. We have created copy of same EXE in another shared Google drive then the same user is able to open the EXE file. We are not able to understand...
  6. Unable to open windows application in google drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open windows application in google drive: Hi Team,We have windows appliction hosted in Google Drive. One of the business user is not able to open EXE from shared Google drive. We have created copy of same EXE in another shared Google drive then the same user is able to open the EXE file. We are not able to understand...
  7. Unable to open windows application in google drive

8. Windows Explorer Search in Google Drive

Windows Explorer Search in Google Drive: Hello All, I've noticed when I do a keyword search in Windows Explorer that it fails to find files that match my search. I'm using Windows Explorer to search Google Drive. Any suggestions ?...
  9. Google drive is not open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google drive is not open: Hey there !! I need help Actually the Google drive isn't open on my browser I'm using windows 10 1909 OS Browser :- Chrome & brave (mostly using brave as my daily work) I've also install Ubuntu on my Virtualbox when i try to open on my Ubuntu OS's brave browser it opens...
  10. Google search has a problem going to webpage.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google search has a problem going to webpage.: When a customer of mine wants to view my webpage, using Chrome, he goes to google search. The screen then gives him a page with two places to enter my webpage address. The searchbox at the top will take him directly to my webpage. However, the searchbox in the center of the...