Windows 10: Unable to Open Image Files

Discus and support Unable to Open Image Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have some .jpg files, from 2007, that I was able to open without problems. I last opened them in 2017 but have just tried to open them (yesterday),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kashegan, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Kashegan Win User

Unable to Open Image Files

I have some .jpg files, from 2007, that I was able to open without problems. I last opened them in 2017 but have just tried to open them (yesterday), with both Paint and Paintshop Pro (I even tried Irfanview), and I get the message that the file is unsupported. Anyone any idea what could have changed recently to cause this?

Windows 1809 (OS Build 17763, 1217)

:)

Kashegan, Jun 9, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Unable to Open Image Files

Unable to open image files - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to open image files. I will certainly help you with the issue.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you to answer the following question:

which application are you using to open an image file?

I would suggest you to follow the below methods:

Method 1

If you are unable to open the photos, please try the steps below and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Right click
    on a picture and then click on
    properties.

2. On the General
    tab, click on Change
    and select Windows Photo Viewer.

3. Press apply
    and check if you are able to open the photos.

if issue persists,

Method 2

SFC

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Please follow the link below and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Please get back to us with updated status.we will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Open Image Files

1. Unable to Open Image Files - Similar Threads - Unable Open Image

2. unable to open images Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open images Win11: hi, whenever I try to open an image, wether this is by opening it via file explorer or the dektop doesn't matter, it gives adrive\folder-s\file nameInstall failed. Please contact your software vendor.message.I've repaired Windows Photo's via the settings app, restartet my...
  3. unable to open images Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open images Win11: hi, whenever I try to open an image, wether this is by opening it via file explorer or the dektop doesn't matter, it gives adrive\folder-s\file nameInstall failed. Please contact your software vendor.message.I've repaired Windows Photo's via the settings app, restartet my...
  4. Image Files Won't Open

Image Files Won't Open: This is very odd. On our Surface Pro 6, when I transferred image files from an iPhone to the MicroSD card on the SP6, they only show up all black in the Photos app. I tried many "solutions" that didn't work. But, in a sort of freak accident, I moved one of the files to...
  5. Unable to Open BIOS Image File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Open BIOS Image File: Was doing HP firmware update. Now the pc won't start because it boots to 'The System BIOS update failed. Unable to open bio image file.Keeps restarting from that screen.I can't even get to the boot menu.Any ideas?James...
  6. Unable to Open BIOS Image File

Unable to Open BIOS Image File: Was doing HP firmware update. Now the pc won't start because it boots to 'The System BIOS update failed. Unable to open bio image file.Keeps restarting from that screen.I can't even get to the boot menu.Any ideas?James...
  7. Unable to open a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open a file: hello I am trying to open a file but it is telling the app or file cannot be opened and I have to have the right app to open. This is what it says Exporting+sql+query+results+into+flats+files. What do I need to download in other to open the file so I can use it in my...
  8. unable to open files

unable to open files: I have Embriliance Essential for Embroidery and all of a sudden I cannot open any of the files, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-files/31374ab5-5bd8-43ee-b0c4-1da4a5f61c9e"
  9. Opening image files

Opening image files: How do I change the default program for opening images? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-image-files/74f7d24b-f03e-4a69-b9cb-f02060d65494"
  10. unable to open images

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    unable to open images: when I am trying to open an images its saying [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-images/7f6f4b0a-6447-4016-b206-3f509f28c363"