Windows 10: UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO

Discus and support UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; USING MS 365. HAVE UPDATED SOFTWARE. BUT NOW UNABLE TO OPEN ANY JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO. THEY DO OPEN WITH MS PAINT & PAINT 3D BUT I PREFER PHOTO. USED... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WRHBowden, Feb 28, 2021.

1. WRHBowden Win User

UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO

USING MS 365. HAVE UPDATED SOFTWARE. BUT NOW UNABLE TO OPEN ANY JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO. THEY DO OPEN WITH MS PAINT & PAINT 3D BUT I PREFER PHOTO. USED TO OPEN AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I CLICKED ON THE PIC.

JUST GET A BLACK SCREEN WITH NO PIC THEN GOES OFF.

PLEASE HELP

:)

WRHBowden, Feb 28, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 28, 2021
  3. bala6233 Win User
    Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

Hai,

Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type.

UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO [​IMG]

Regards.
    bala.

bala6233, Feb 28, 2021
  4. UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO

Unable to open the photos in Photos App

Hello David,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in opening the Photos in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to open the photos in Photo App?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you try to open the photos?
    • Do you have the copy of those photos and are you able to open those photos?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO

1. UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO - Similar Threads - UNABLE OPEN JPG

2. My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?: Hello thereSo for about a week now I have had this problem where my files which have photos in them are always opening as a Webp images instead of an JPG, I cant seem to view them on windows Photo app. I download files on google chrome but the photos wont open in the windows...
  3. My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?: Hello thereSo for about a week now I have had this problem where my files which have photos in them are always opening as a Webp images instead of an JPG, I cant seem to view them on windows Photo app. I download files on google chrome but the photos wont open in the windows...
  4. My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.: On Windows 11.Starting recently. attempts to open .jpg images causes the error message "...The specified module could not be found"". I rebooted but this didn't help. I ran Restoro but it found no issues. I checked and image files open using other apps such as Paint and...
  6. .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.

.jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.: On Windows 11.Starting recently. attempts to open .jpg images causes the error message "...The specified module could not be found"". I rebooted but this didn't help. I ran Restoro but it found no issues. I checked and image files open using other apps such as Paint and...
  7. Files not supported - unable to open jpg in photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files not supported - unable to open jpg in photos: [ATTACH] I cannot open any jpg or png recently. I get this error message. I can't save them as a new jpg, i have jpg and png set to open with photos for windows 10. A windows support told me to uninstall the graphics display adapter and restart, that didn't work. I...
  8. opening jpg photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening jpg photos: I cannot open photos in jpg format when I double click on them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpg-photos/fcce5b94-6b60-4f59-a732-28835bcdcdc0
  9. Unable to open jpg files via Photo app and windows 10

Unable to open jpg files via Photo app and windows 10: I cannot open gopro photos which are jpg files. I was able to some months ago but today I cannot open the photos I use to be able to view nor new photos. My laptop is up-to-date. What has happened - is there a problem with Window 10? I need to view these photos - please...
  10. Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.: Hai, Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type. [img] [img] [img] [img] Regards. bala. 12326