Windows 10: Unable to open links from Outlook.live.com email

Discus and support Unable to open links from Outlook.live.com email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Yesterday I could open any link from my email. I have not downloaded any new programs. When I click on a link in an email the following is in the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SurferSimon, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Unable to open links from Outlook.live.com email

Yesterday I could open any link from my email. I have not downloaded any new programs. When I click on a link in an email the following is in the heading - nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com -
    The page that opens has the Office 365 logo, which I don't use, and a exclamation mark in a red triangle with the words underneath - This web page could not be loaded. Due to an internal error, this web page could not be loaded. We recommend that you close this page. Learn more about malware.

I use Firefox however the problem also happens on IE as well as on my iPad so it appears to be an Outlook issue.

Any body else with similar issues?

:)

SurferSimon, Aug 30, 2017

2. How to recover email address?

What happens when you open a browser, go to
    https://outlook.live.com
    and sign in with the email address and password?

Ron Sommer MVP, Aug 30, 2017
  3. Unable to open links from email as it shows it needs a new app to open the files.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know the build currently installed on the computer. This issue may arise when the default programs are not set accordingly and as an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check
    if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows key, type default programs and select Default Programs.

2. Click on Set your default programs.

3. Under Programs in the left pane, click on Internet Explorer and click on Choose defaults for this program.

4. On Set Program Associations window. Click against Select All to select all types being
      displayed.

5. Just to confirm that you are on the right window, you will be seeing html, mht, htm, mhtml and similar other file extensions.
    • Once you are done with selection, click on Save.

7. You will be back on the Set Default Programs window.

8. Click on OK to close the window.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 30, 2017
Thema:

Unable to open links from Outlook.live.com email

1. Unable to open links from Outlook.live.com email - Similar Threads - Unable open links

2. Outlook Live email not receiving emails from GMail and visa-versa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Live email not receiving emails from GMail and visa-versa: Our Club has an Outlook Live account and noticed that Gmail recipients are not receiving emails from our Club, and, alternatively, the club is not receiving emails from Gmail recipients....
  3. live .com

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    live .com: People have to contact me first for me to be able me to reply to them.All of my contact addresses have a ; after them,started about 5 months ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-com/6e1ae4de-6ac2-4888-a9ee-7719173fc0e1
  4. I cannot open links in my outlook emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot open links in my outlook emails: I cannot open links in my outlook emails. Please show remedy to resolve the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-links-in-my-outlook-emails/a08770bb-38ea-45ed-b6dd-20e35226f71d
  5. Email Problem "unable to open" link

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email Problem "unable to open" link: Just back from 2 week vacation and every time I try to open an email link I get "unable to open" followed by the path info. What's happening? I can't find a solution? Can anyone help? Thanks...
  6. Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007: Hi! I am lost. I have looked all over the web and tried the repairs for this problem but I have come to no avail. I cannot open links from my email. I have edge as my default browser. I am using outlook 2007 and I have the latest updates. I have tried using firefox as my...
  7. Unable to follow links from Microsoft Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to follow links from Microsoft Outlook: "Operations have been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your administrator" The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID How can I correct this situation?...
  8. Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.: First - I am a very NON-TECHNICAL user. But I have been frustrated because when I am on a website and it gives me an option to CLICK HERE to email someone, the link won't open my Outlook email (or any email). I gave checked my WIndows Settings Defaulkt Apps and it shows...
  9. Outlook 2013 and email links...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 and email links...: This is my home system and I am admin on this PC; the standard user account that uses Outlook has no admin access... Clicking on a link in Outlook email pops up this window: [img] It's been going on for awhile, not sure when it started and got used of it, but its time...
  10. Live email link problems

in Browsers and Email
    Live email link problems: For the last 10 years I have used a snippet of JavaScript in web pages to encode clients’ email addresses. These worked fine on all our websites until a recent Windows 10 Update. People using Windows XP and Windows 7 have no problems with the live links. Now our clients’...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open an unhighligted link in an email

2. unable to open links on email

3. i am unable to open outlook website

4. office 2019 unable to open links in email,
  5. unable to open links in e mail with outlook