Windows 10: Unable to open many programs

Discus and support Unable to open many programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For about the last 2 or so weeks, my ability to open programs has decrease. After scanning for bugs and malware with nothing found I tried 3 things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmandaTroutman, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Unable to open many programs

For about the last 2 or so weeks, my ability to open programs has decrease.

After scanning for bugs and malware with nothing found I tried 3 things recommended online

1. I disabled Windows Firewall and Anti-virus

2. Updated registry for .exe and exefile to "1%"% (typing from memory but it was something like that"

3. Checking my windows update.

None of these were successful. Some programs I can open fine, especially the ones that are startup programs. Browser programs are also fine. However, programs like Discord, some steam games, etc. don't seem to open nor do I get an error telling me what went wrong.

Thoughts?

:)

AmandaTroutman, Aug 26, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Mhughes Win User
    Unable to navigate and open programs

I should have expanded the windows so you could see it better...sorry about that. The Disk column stands out obviously. The 4 screenshots are during a slow period, sorted as you asked; while trying to open Chrome and "my computer files"

I have also been getting a message at start up. "Unable to connect to windows service" or "unable to connect to Kaspersky portal" just fyi... Hope that helps..Thanks!!

Unable to open many programs [​IMG]

Mhughes, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Mhughes Win User

Unable to open many programs

Unable to navigate and open programs

In safe mode, I did think it was acting slightly better. I tried to clean boot From safe mode but was unable to access the system config. I assumed my thought was incorrect. I restarted, then went through the Cboot steps. Please note: while going through the Cboot steps I noticed once I came to the task manager portion, the apps in this section were still disabled from the previous Cboot i did at your request. As I mentioned before, i was uncertain if i reversed the steps correctly. Should my mistake play a factor in anything thus far I wanted to let you know...
    I am now in a Cboot state and still feel as though "something" has my machine. Several flashes have taken place where the apps on my desktop flash and disappear for a micro second. Perhaps I am over sensitive now (OCD setting in). The apps/programs effected before did open with a bit more ease, but still doesn't feel 100% right, as it used to. I hope I'm doing this right. I'm pretty damn logical and intelligent, but alot of this stuff has humbled me! HA I am ready for hopefully a next step. Thank You!

e t

Mhughes, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Unable to open many programs

1. Unable to open many programs - Similar Threads - Unable open many

2. Windows 10 can’t open many programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 can’t open many programs: System boots up, get the normal screen, but click on any Start button nothing happens, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cant-open-many-programs/8dccdf43-c7e0-46be-850e-30a6bb0c1ac1
  3. Unable to open a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open a program: Hello, I am having problems with running as administrator. I am the only user on my computer. Its a admin account. When I go to run a programany program, when I right click, it doesn't do anything. Nothing happens. What do i do? [Original Title: Administrator]...
  4. Unable to open programs or apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to open programs or apps: I can't open any programs or apps, I've tried using start and through clicking it through the desktop. It seems like the only app i can open is Google Chrome and Discord, but that might be because theyre startup apps. submitted by /u/Prudent-Flow4720 [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows Unable to open any program.

Windows Unable to open any program.: My computer gets stuck whenever i try to open any program Even command prompt. The computer becomes unresponsive and freezes for few minutes . I can't execute any operation on it . Can i restore my laptop the way it was few days before ? Hope there's any other way to fix it...
  6. Unable to open Office Starter programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open Office Starter programs: starting today, and after latest updates and new feature update, unable to use word/excel. My computer has the office starter package, not the full versions. I get Application Virtualization Client could not lauch.. service is not running.. Error caode nis...
  7. Unable to open apps / programs

Unable to open apps / programs: Suddenly a lot of my apps / programs such as windows photo viewer, speed test etc. will not open, I get the following message: We're updating Photos. It should be ready to use shortly. How do I fix?...
  8. Unable to open software accounting program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to open software accounting program: When I try to open a software program I am met with the following error message - Error (Server=PETERHOBBS-PC\PTPACCOUNTS, Database=PTPACCTSNEW), Error=[Unspecifiederror], Description = [[DBNETLIB] [ConnectionOpen(Connect()). SQL Server does not exist or access denied.] I...
  9. Many programs installing??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many programs installing??: After windows 10 downloaded, I was able to use it for a few minutes with no problems. Testing my older programs to see which ones would work. But after only an hour or so I started to have multiple programs download and install themselves. I have spent the last five or six...
  10. Unable to navigate and open programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to navigate and open programs: You guys have had this before I can only imagine but didn't see this thread in this section. I have been fighting an issue for over a month. I think It started after I resubscribed to Kaspersky a few months ago. Most programs wont open or when they do its 10-15 min to do so....