Windows 10: Unable to open many programs

Discus and support Unable to open many programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For about the last 2 or so weeks, my ability to open programs has decrease. After scanning for bugs and malware with nothing found I tried 3 things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmandaTroutman, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Unable to open many programs

For about the last 2 or so weeks, my ability to open programs has decrease.

After scanning for bugs and malware with nothing found I tried 3 things recommended online

1. I disabled Windows Firewall and Anti-virus

2. Updated registry for .exe and exefile to "1%"% (typing from memory but it was something like that"

3. Checking my windows update.

None of these were successful. Some programs I can open fine, especially the ones that are startup programs. Browser programs are also fine. However, programs like Discord, some steam games, etc. don't seem to open nor do I get an error telling me what went wrong.

Thoughts?

:)

AmandaTroutman, Aug 26, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Mhughes Win User
    Unable to navigate and open programs

I should have expanded the windows so you could see it better...sorry about that. The Disk column stands out obviously. The 4 screenshots are during a slow period, sorted as you asked; while trying to open Chrome and "my computer files"

I have also been getting a message at start up. "Unable to connect to windows service" or "unable to connect to Kaspersky portal" just fyi... Hope that helps..Thanks!!

Unable to open many programs [​IMG]

Mhughes, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Mhughes Win User

Unable to open many programs

Unable to navigate and open programs

In safe mode, I did think it was acting slightly better. I tried to clean boot From safe mode but was unable to access the system config. I assumed my thought was incorrect. I restarted, then went through the Cboot steps. Please note: while going through the Cboot steps I noticed once I came to the task manager portion, the apps in this section were still disabled from the previous Cboot i did at your request. As I mentioned before, i was uncertain if i reversed the steps correctly. Should my mistake play a factor in anything thus far I wanted to let you know...
    I am now in a Cboot state and still feel as though "something" has my machine. Several flashes have taken place where the apps on my desktop flash and disappear for a micro second. Perhaps I am over sensitive now (OCD setting in). The apps/programs effected before did open with a bit more ease, but still doesn't feel 100% right, as it used to. I hope I'm doing this right. I'm pretty damn logical and intelligent, but alot of this stuff has humbled me! HA I am ready for hopefully a next step. Thank You!

e t

Mhughes, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Unable to open many programs

1. Unable to open many programs - Similar Threads - Unable open many

2. Program not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program not opening: My program Label Factory Deluxe 4 will not load, also Cookn' started running slow. I contacted Label Factory and they told me it was caused by a update by Mircosoft. Can I get a remedy for that?...
  3. Programs not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening: (0xc0150004)error dll is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-not-opening/d55cc4c6-ef2b-4bdb-a003-b2a59ba6ab4f
  4. Opening a Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening a Program: Hi there everyone! i have a big problem with my PC When i want to open a program (nonsense diamond(its an exploit for a game)) it runs in task manager but its not showing itself in desktop that means the program not showing!!! how can i fix this. this program is kinda...
  5. Unable to open software accounting program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to open software accounting program: When I try to open a software program I am met with the following error message - Error (Server=PETERHOBBS-PC\PTPACCOUNTS, Database=PTPACCTSNEW), Error=[Unspecifiederror], Description = [[DBNETLIB] [ConnectionOpen(Connect()). SQL Server does not exist or access denied.] I...
  6. Programs not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not opening: I recently had to let MIcrosoft take over remote control of my laptop following an aborted download of Office Home. Following that session, I found I couldn't open programs on my desktop and some of my devices' WiFi was disabled. I've reconnected the WiFi and uninstalled and...
  7. Many programs installing??

Many programs installing??: After windows 10 downloaded, I was able to use it for a few minutes with no problems. Testing my older programs to see which ones would work. But after only an hour or so I started to have multiple programs download and install themselves. I have spent the last five or six...
  8. Unable to open any programs in Windows 10

Unable to open any programs in Windows 10: Hi everyone. Recently, I have encountered troubles with Windows 10. I am unable to open any programs, including Chrome or Edge. I can't even Power Down. I have tried to reset my PC, but only comes up with "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes have been...
  9. Unable to navigate and open programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to navigate and open programs: You guys have had this before I can only imagine but didn't see this thread in this section. I have been fighting an issue for over a month. I think It started after I resubscribed to Kaspersky a few months ago. Most programs wont open or when they do its 10-15 min to do so....
  10. Problem running many program

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem running many program: Hello guys, I have problem with windows 10, I want running 100 programs at one time but my windows only run 30 programs, is there any limitation at windows 10? Please help me,I dont know what to do now, your help very appreciate, thank you. 104864