Windows 10: unable to open Microsoft word file from file explorer

Discus and support unable to open Microsoft word file from file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Team,i am trying to open word file from file explorer in windows 10 pro 21h1 then windows file explorer stops responding.Best RegardsAqib... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aqib17, May 20, 2021.

1. Aqib17 Win User

unable to open Microsoft word file from file explorer

Dear Team,i am trying to open word file from file explorer in windows 10 pro 21h1 then windows file explorer stops responding.Best RegardsAqib

:)

Aqib17, May 20, 2021

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, May 20, 2021
  3. microsoft word 2003

In the past year or so I've noticed another quirk where a downloaded Word document or other Office document won't open regardless of the steps I take to open them. After deleting the file and re-downloading the document it opens without issue. I've been using Chrome almost exclusively so I'm not sure if I've experienced this with Explorer or Firefox. So one last step to try might be to obtain another copy of your files if they are being generated and fetched externally to your system (ie. try downloading them again as the file might have simply been corrupted).

Beertintedgoggles, May 20, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

microsoft word 2003

Is it just one file, or all your word files?

With the exception of Outlook, I have yet to find a reason to stop using Office 2000, 2003, and 2007. They open all the latest files just fine, and they work just fine.

newtekie1, May 20, 2021
Thema:

1. unable to open Microsoft word file from file explorer - Similar Threads - unable open Microsoft

2. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  3. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  4. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  5. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Unable to open File explorer

Unable to open File explorer: I put my lap sleep about 2 hours and after that i log in to my Laptop tried to open file explorer but it loads for 2 seconds and blinks screenMonitor like refresh. Then I check the windows update it downloded a cumulative update and after restarting I tried to open file...
  7. file explorer opens wordperfect doc in word

file explorer opens wordperfect doc in word: Windows 10 file explorer opens Wordperfect document in Word. I have never had this problem with file explorer in previous versions. I have always double clicked on the document and it opens in its correct program. How do change this setting?...
  8. Unable to open Office files inside file explorer

Unable to open Office files inside file explorer: I am running Windows 10. Inside file explorer, I cannot open office files word, excel, pics, etc - I CAN open PDFs. If I go into the application, word for example, I can pull the file up through browse and open it from there. I also have no preview images on pics. When I...
  9. File explorer unable to open word documents not responding

File explorer unable to open word documents not responding: File Explorer is unable open Word documents - not responding message and forced to end task https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-unable-to-open-word-documents-not/df30e972-dcd2-4892-9a3e-8453dadc2b50"
  10. Unable to Open File Explorer

Unable to Open File Explorer: Dear Team, I am unable to open file explorer or any other folders on my windows 10 desktop. I tried almost all the methods suggested in the online search results but nothing. When i click on any folder or File Explorer icon on task bar, it just dosent give any response at...