Windows 10: Unable to open notebook on my personal account using office 365 (Work) notebook

Discus and support Unable to open notebook on my personal account using office 365 (Work) notebook in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to open a notebook from my personal account using my office 365 notebook app. When ever I try to open the notebook I get the below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sri Alluri, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Unable to open notebook on my personal account using office 365 (Work) notebook

Hi,

I am trying to open a notebook from my personal account using my office 365 notebook app. When ever I try to open the notebook I get the below error message. I am authenticating with credentials.

I am receiving this error from the past 1 month after we migrated to a new tenant. I started receiving the error after migration.

Unable to open notebook on my personal account using office 365 (Work) notebook 457c9f7e-9016-4c66-995b-cc9363d8a33d?upload=true.jpg

Thanks,

Sri

:)

Sri Alluri, Nov 7, 2019
  2. golfman32 Win User

OneNote Lumia 950XL Office 365 Team notebook not syncing

Hi,

I have a Lumia 950XL, the one major issue I have is syncing with my work office 365 OneNote notebook.

I get a sync error that suggest the notebook has been moved or deleted.

The same notebook can sync with Surface Pro 4, desktop, iPad and iPhone.

Other Office 365 services are available on Lumia 950XL, OneDrive for Business syncs, email, people and calendar sync.

I have setup Office 365 work account, every time I try to sync "Team Notebook" from SharePoint site, it asks for my credentials, I input them and get same error that notebook may be moved or deleted.

if it was deleted or moved, I would have same issue with Apple devices, Surface Pro and desktop.

HELP!!

Please

golfman32, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Error 80630040 opening a OneNote notebook on WP7

Hello Rlyon,

The steps to sync a notebook on Windows Live SkyDrive for the first time are described here.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/office/use-office-onenote-mobile.aspx

If it does not work for you I would try the following steps to start saving your notes directly to SkyDrive (Personal Web notebook) - it helps when you delete the Personal (Web) notebook by accident

1) On desktop, log on to your SkyDrive account at
    http://office.live.com

2) Go to My Documents folder and open Personal (Web) notebook in OneNote Desktop 2010

3) In OneNote Desktop, copy hyperlink of Personal (Web) notebook and send it to you via email

4) On Windows Phone, open the above hyperlink

5) Now Personal (Web) notebook should open in OneNote Mobile

6) On Windows phone, choose section "Unfiled Notes" present in Personal (Web) notebook. Launch context menu and choose "set as default" option.

7) With this, the notes that you take on phone will sync to Web to Unfiled Notes section

Best Regards

Martin V.

Martin V. - WP7 Support, Nov 7, 2019
  4. User5910 Win User

Unable to open notebook on my personal account using office 365 (Work) notebook

Clear cached Microsoft Live account credentials in Office apps

Briefly: After logging out of all my Microsoft accounts in OneNote I was still able to open/browse OneDrive files, private to those accounts, from the recently used list.

While using OneNote 2016 (Office 365 ProPlus, Windows 10 1803) at work, logged in with my work LiveID, I needed temporary access to my personal OneNote notebook, so within OneNote I logged into my other account, retrieved the information, and closed the notebook. Later I noticed that I could open my personal notebook and browse my OneDrive files from the recently used files menu without a password prompt. I tried the following to clear my cached credentials to no avail:

• OneNote 2016 Account settings - Sign out of my personal account, switch to my work account, verify that "Switch account" does not show my personal account. Restart Windows. Also signed out of work account.
    • My Office (app) - Search the My account page for options to log out of my personal account.
    • Log into Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. and verify none of my files/folders are shared.
    • Log into https://account.microsoft.com and verify my computer is not listed under "Devices"
    • Repair - Repair Office from Windows Control Panel [suggested by the IT department] - I tried both "normal" and "online" repair, which reinstalled Office.
    • Windows Credential Manager - From this application I deleted all credentials starting with "MicrosoftOffice" and "OneDrive Cached Credential".
    • An SU post mentions Microsoft Live ID Sign-in Assistant, which sounds great, but is apparently not available on desktop Windows(?)

User5910, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Unable to open notebook on my personal account using office 365 (Work) notebook

1. Unable to open notebook on my personal account using office 365 (Work) notebook - Similar Threads - Unable open notebook

2. Updates not working in a notebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates not working in a notebook: Previosly when I tried to update my Windows, it just rolled back the update after like 10 percent of loading, but now after some time it just throws 0x80070003 at me when i try to download 22H2 in the Windows Update Center....
  3. Updates not working in a notebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates not working in a notebook: Previosly when I tried to update my Windows, it just rolled back the update after like 10 percent of loading, but now after some time it just throws 0x80070003 at me when i try to download 22H2 in the Windows Update Center....
  4. Updates not working in a notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Updates not working in a notebook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Unable to use notebook feature in cortana

in Cortana
    Unable to use notebook feature in cortana: Cortana says that my account needs an upadate to be able to use the notebook feature. What exactly do I have to do with my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-notebook-feature-in-cortana/f4e4e762-08c4-4d48-aeca-ac684a1d1280
  7. my notebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my notebook: in my notebook I lost a section. Even in deleted notes I cannot find it. I know it must be somewhere. but where? please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-notebook/339ec179-6b1b-4f5f-855f-95bbbd130033"
  8. Deletion by IT person of "PSD" from notebook.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deletion by IT person of "PSD" from notebook.: To cure a microsoft pop-up on a Lenovo Gen IV notebook, a Verizon tech removed the PSD causing new problems. How do we put it back or otherwise fix this?...
  9. Notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notebook: I created a document in Notebook, saved it under Documents, when I print, it keeps printing a word that is not even visable to me. It prints out with the word and I have done a search for the word, that doesn't find it within the document. How do I delete it?...
  10. Unable to add O365 Account Notebook to OneNote App

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to add O365 Account Notebook to OneNote App: Hello, I'm running Office 2013 and Windows 10. I also have my own personal Office 365 account. I have been using the Windows Store OneNote app with my personal Windows Account OneDrive since Windows 8. I now want to transition everything to my OneDrive for Business...