Windows 10: Unable to open or play midi files in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to open or play midi files in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have just bought a Dell Inspirion 3671 with Windows 10 1909 installed 1.7.20. I do music composition, and cannot open any midi files. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KeithNichols3, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Unable to open or play midi files in Windows 10

Hello. I have just bought a Dell Inspirion 3671 with Windows 10 1909 installed 1.7.20. I do music composition, and cannot open any midi files. Is there a soundboard or driver problem? I use Finale 26 which relies on Midi input from a piano keyboard as a default. Is there a soundboard or driver problem?

I cannot open and play existing midi files or any Finale music in midi mode.

Please advise me please.

Keith Nichols

:)

KeithNichols3, Aug 16, 2020

2. Playing MIDI files

Hi Dennis,

To isolate your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• Are you receiving an error message when trying to play a MIDI file?
    • On what program are you trying to play it with?
    • What program were you using before to be able to play it on your computer?

Regards

Michelle Her, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Unable to open or play midi files in Windows 10

Midi files not playing

Hello,

I have a problem about playing the midi files;Windows Media Player always sends me this message when i open any midi file : "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device
    installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.
    "

I tried reinstalling the sound device and updating it but its the same.Also, this problem is not limited to WMP but also the midi sequencer apps.

I have Windows 8.1 on laptop HP Elitebook 844p.

My driver is IDT High Definition.

N.P. : Windows media player can play most other media files without a problem (mp3, mp4, wav...)

Thanks.

Areeg Ghonaim, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Unable to open or play midi files in Windows 10

1. Unable to open or play midi files in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable open play

2. Windows media player cant play my beat midi files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows media player cant play my beat midi files: can some one help me with this problem i cant make more beats because of this problem and i already downloaded a K-lite codec pack since i watched it on youtube but nothing happens : so pls help me guys ! Thanks in advance ! ;...
  3. Midi Files

Midi Files: I have connected my yamaha psr 282 for midi file. it is showing that the midi usb is working, but it is not being read on the software. What needs to be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/midi-files/475ce1ea-e3bc-4d2c-a2a9-6d35478fc850
  4. Code 10 error with a 'plug and play' midi device.

Code 10 error with a 'plug and play' midi device.: I recently bought a new laptop asus vivobook 15 x512da and I tried connecting a USB midi device Alesis triggerIO to my laptop. Once this happens, in settings it simply says driver error. When in device manager, it comes up with this. [ATTACH] Here is a list of things i...
  5. Can't open midi programs

in Cortana
    Can't open midi programs: I have several new Jammer 4 Midi Arrangement Software Copies. They are less than 7 MB in size. Contains only MIDI - no audio. Windows 10 could not upgrade because of this program. I uninstalled it, but now Windows is not recognising it. There must be a driver or something to...
  6. Midi files not playing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Midi files not playing on Windows 10: Hello everyone, my Windows Media Player suddenly stopped playing midi files. It plays everything else, MP3'S etcso the player itself is not the problem. Have found any posts confusing and unhelpful. Is there anyone out there who can help? Getting a bit desperate!!! Thank you...
  7. MIDI files software

MIDI files software: I need software to play music on: hymntime.com/tch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/midi-files-software/f76b0bae-5b9d-4d9b-8f01-48fc974e8e78
  8. MIDI file problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    MIDI file problem: Recently I have downloaded a MIDI file from YouTube for remixing, I didn't have any problem downloading the file, but when I drag my MIDI file into the piano roll in FL studio 20, it only comes up with the bass chords. I got confused for a while, then decided to open the MIDI...
  9. Playing standard midi files from the internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing standard midi files from the internet.: To play standard midi files from the internet to my Roland keyboard I use the Van Basco Karaoke programme via midi leads.For some reason when I click on a midi file,instead of the Van Basco programme,the VLC media player appears in the centre of the sceen and does...
  10. MIDI files not playing properly

in Windows 10 Support
    MIDI files not playing properly: Hey all, When I try to listen to certain MIDI files on Windows 10, there will be instrument tracks missing during playback. Sometimes I get just the percussion, sometimes only the percussion is missing. Sometimes all of the instruments default to piano. I can't find any...