Windows 10: Unable to open pictures

Discus and support Unable to open pictures in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, good day to you! I am currently using window 7 I think it is 7 but I am not sure how to check on a DELL laptop. I am not sure if I clicked on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gykim22, May 14, 2022.

1. gykim22 Win User

Unable to open pictures

Hello, good day to you! I am currently using window 7 I think it is 7 but I am not sure how to check on a DELL laptop. I am not sure if I clicked on something wrong or it is because this laptop is old, but I am unable to open all of my pictures.Whenever I try to open a picture, it says that the file is damaged or it is too big so Windows picture viewer is unable to open it. or in Korean, ' Windows .'So, I sent one of my pictures from this laptop to my email and tried to open it on another laptop probably a window 10. However, I am still unable to open

:)

gykim22, May 14, 2022
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can't open pictures

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting error when trying to open Pictures on your computer. I'll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the default application that is set to open pictures?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

It could be possible that the application set to open pictures is not working properly. If Photos app is set as the default application to open
    pictures, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 14, 2022
  4. Unable to open pictures

Pictures in Pictures folder will not open

Aloha,

Thanks for the suggestions but I have already done everything listed. Nothing is giving me back access to my pictures. I can enter the files but the pictures will not open.

Mahalo,

Rhonda

RhondaKlimt, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Unable to open pictures

1. Unable to open pictures - Similar Threads - Unable open pictures

2. Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures: Problem with Pictures not Opening PicturesI have a iPhone 14 Pro Max that I used to take pictures while on a vacation. When I got hoe I created Folder and transferred those pictures .JPEG and HEIC to my Microsoft Surface Pro 7.When I trt to open a >JPEG file with Microsoft...
  3. Pictures are not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures are not opening: When ever I download a picture and tried to open it did not open, even those pictures which is already exist did not open.anybody know what's the reason. I have window 10...
  4. Unable to open pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open pictures: Hello, good day to you! I am currently using window 7 I think it is 7 but I am not sure how to check on a DELL laptop. I am not sure if I clicked on something wrong or it is because this laptop is old, but I am unable to open all of my pictures.Whenever I try to open a...
  5. Opening Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening Picture: The pictures that come on when I go into Edge allow me an opinion. If I like it, it stays for a few days usually. If I don't like it, the next time I turn on the computer, I get a different picture. The other day I clicked "no" didn't like it and it went away but hasn't...
  6. Pictures and video are wrong file size and unable to open

Pictures and video are wrong file size and unable to open: Hello, I am aware of the 1803 issues that caused file sizes to be incorrect. I am now on version 1909 and still having the same problem. Both Windows and TreeSize state that the allocated hard drive space is 2.8 GB, but the size is 9.5 TB. The reason for the high file...
  7. Pictures in Pictures folder will not open

Pictures in Pictures folder will not open: Pictures will not open in any app or program. I get error messages that I do not have permission to open these files. I have already checked and re-checked the permissions. I am the administrator on my computer. I've run the various diagnostics from the command prompt....
  8. Pictures Will Not Open

Pictures Will Not Open: When I try to open pictures "package could not be registered" appears. This is a cliché in windows 10? How can it be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-not-open/a57b7838-70fc-4113-b2a7-df73f314aad9"
  9. Unable to open pictures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open pictures: My wife has a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10, when clicking on a jpg she is getting File system error -2147219196 .. How do we resolve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/unable-to-open-pictures/8ba694ce-f8fe-44ee-bda3-c19b823a3c40
  10. Pictures Not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures Not Opening: Up until last week, I was able to view any picture on the web. Lately all I get is that ssmall picture square box within another square box. I am using Chrome, cleared cache, all the usual things to do but have no idea why this is happening. It happens in my yahoo email, my...