Windows 10: Unable to open .png images when double clicking on the file using any pre-installed program/app

Discus and support Unable to open .png images when double clicking on the file using any pre-installed program/app in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I right click and select Photo, Paint, etc they will open the image, but the default process will not. Other pictures like .jpg will open correctly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dzf1, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Dzf1 Win User

Unable to open .png images when double clicking on the file using any pre-installed program/app

If I right click and select Photo, Paint, etc they will open the image, but the default process will not. Other pictures like .jpg will open correctly when double clicking on file. Had a Microsoft Tier 2 tech remotely logged in the other day and he found that when he created a new profile it will work properly. He tried some sort of Reinstall Repair, but that did not rectify the issue. He's not sure what to do next. Can anyone help?

:)

Dzf1, Sep 1, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Sep 1, 2019
  3. R9
    r9 Win User
    Single-click or double-click?

Yes.

4. tulving Win User

Unable to open .png images when double clicking on the file using any pre-installed program/app

Double click doesn't open htm/html files

Hi, thanks a lot fo your suggestions:

In control panel seems everything ok (despite near the extension I don't see the firefox litte icon but a blank one):

Unable to open .png images when double clicking on the file using any pre-installed program/app [​IMG]

and also on FilesTypeMan it seems ok:

*cry

tulving, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to open .png images when double clicking on the file using any pre-installed program/app - Similar Threads - Unable open png

2. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?: Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files....
  3. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?: Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files....
  4. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Using double-click to open files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using double-click to open files: Recently, I can no longer use double-click to open files either from desktop icons or within sub-files. I have to left click to select, then right-click, then move cursor to "open, then left-click open. This is a great degradation in performance. Will this be reversed or...
  6. Double click doesn't open files associated with apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double click doesn't open files associated with apps: Cannot figure out what has happened. I have Win 10 Pro ver 2004 OS-19041.685. A simple text file .txt will not open with Notepad after a double-click. I have to start Notepad, browse the file, and first then it can be opened. The same problem occurs with other associated...
  7. apps won't open by double clicking

apps won't open by double clicking: Apps on my desktop won't open when I double click on them. This is happening on both of my desktops. I'm wondering if it has something to do with a recent upgrade from windows....
  8. Unable to open folders when I double click.

Unable to open folders when I double click.: Except for photos, whenever I double click on a file in a folder, I get the rotating donut and the file never opens. This happens for Word, PPT, Excel at least. It's not the mouse since doube click on photos in the folders opens the photo up immediately. It also happens...
  9. Double click can't open ".png" files in Windows10.

Double click can't open ".png" files in Windows10.: I am using window10 64bits system. I want to open .png files with default app "Photos". When I double click the file, It always pops up the window " How do you want to open this file?" Then I click the "photos" but the window keeps pop up. So I can't open the file with...
  10. Windows 10 File Explorer - Any file type will not open using double-click or Open With...

Windows 10 File Explorer - Any file type will not open using double-click or Open With...: Windows 10 File Explorer will not allow me to open any files using a double click or using Open With... I have no issue opening File Explorer just the inability to open a selected file. Previously both a double click and Open With... worked as they should allowing any file...