Windows 10: Unable to open program due to .NET issue i believe.

Discus and support Unable to open program due to .NET issue i believe. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, after doing some digging i believe the issue is related to .NET however in my attempts to fix it i've came up short. this was what i saw in event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TeleMusik84, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Unable to open program due to .NET issue i believe.

Hi, after doing some digging i believe the issue is related to .NET however in my attempts to fix it i've came up short.

this was what i saw in event viewer when trying to launch a program.

Application: Settings.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException at Settings.SettingsForm..ctor at Settings.Program.Main

Application: Settings.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    at Settings.SettingsForm..ctor
    at Settings.Program.Main

Event ID 1026

A lot of googling brought up that its an issue with .net and the lack of the 4.030319. I attempted to install the standalong for 4.0,4.1,4.2 and they all wouldnt allow me to due to having a newer version installed on my system.

I tried going to windows features on and off and uninstalling both the 3.5 and 4.8 > restarting pc and reinstalling but this brought me no result either.

Im totally stumped as where to go from here.

Any advice to fix this ?

thanks

:)

TeleMusik84, Oct 17, 2020

2. .net framework 3.5 sp1 not installing

All right.. this is the funny a$$ part.. So.. TRT, I did what you said.. then did something I should of did WAY before starting this.. Reg cleaner.. lol..

So.. my steps..

• Uninstall everything to which it's just .net framework 2.0
    • Restart
    • Install 3.5 sp1 via *Stick Out Tongue Unable to open program due to .NET issue i believe. :program and Features: Turn off....
    • Restart
    • Reg clean threw CCleaner 4 times, every time had a issue.
    • Verify that all .net up to 3.5 sp1 was installed and been verified to be working
    • went to website
    • saw a action to "run test" to see if system is compatible.
    • Allowed Firewall/ windows defender to run said program (says it's a low grade trojan
    • Went to issued program and opened..
    • Worked..

lol... oh, how stupid I was.. I all ways run reg cleaner on new os's... My mind is losing myself... *Roll :roll:

Cold Storm, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Unable to open program due to .NET issue i believe. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Unable to open program due to .NET issue i believe.

Error: 'msflxgrd.ocx missing' while installing program on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue might be due to corrupt/missing installation files of the program. Please provide the below information to understand the issue in a better way.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. How are you installing the program?
    3. Which program you are trying to install?

Since you have already tried some steps to resolve the issue, but you were unable to fix it. Please let me know the steps which you have tried, so that I will not provide the same suggestions again.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Unable to open program due to .NET issue i believe.

1. Unable to open program due to .NET issue i believe. - Similar Threads - Unable open program

2. I believe there is a hacking issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I believe there is a hacking issue: i have been getting fake error messages on my facebook, microsoft, google etc login pages saying ""incorrect password or email"" i know theyre fake but they still prevent me logging in. any advice? [Original Title: hacking]...
  3. Unable to open a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open a program: Hello, I am having problems with running as administrator. I am the only user on my computer. Its a admin account. When I go to run a programany program, when I right click, it doesn't do anything. Nothing happens. What do i do? [Original Title: Administrator]...
  4. Unable to open programs or apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to open programs or apps: I can't open any programs or apps, I've tried using start and through clicking it through the desktop. It seems like the only app i can open is Google Chrome and Discord, but that might be because theyre startup apps. submitted by /u/Prudent-Flow4720 [link] [comments]...
  5. Can't install programs due to Net Framework

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install programs due to Net Framework: Hey guys, I'm tying to install Microsoft Teams and it says "This application requires the .NET Framework 4.5". When I try to install it, it says it is already installed in my computer and I just have to enable it through Windows features. When I go to Windows Feautures it...
  6. Unable to open apps / programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open apps / programs: Suddenly a lot of my apps / programs such as windows photo viewer, speed test etc. will not open, I get the following message: We're updating Photos. It should be ready to use shortly. How do I fix?...
  7. Unable to open many programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open many programs: For about the last 2 or so weeks, my ability to open programs has decrease. After scanning for bugs and malware with nothing found I tried 3 things recommended online 1. I disabled Windows Firewall and Anti-virus 2. Updated registry for .exe and exefile to "1%"% (typing...
  8. Weird Defender Issue i Believe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird Defender Issue i Believe: Hello All Updated my System 1809 Pro build to 17763.134, restarted, Then My Fans kicked up to high speed for a good 5-10 minutes, Defender still shows after Full Scan Threats found, despite i checked with every single other portable program and also Eset online scan So far...
  9. 0X80080300 Net Helpmsg 2182 Programs not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0X80080300 Net Helpmsg 2182 Programs not opening: So far, I haven't been able to open the Mail app, the calculator, HP Scan and Capture without getting this error message. I've attached a picture of one of the messages. I'm sorry if I haven't provided enough information, I've never done this before. *Confused [img]...
  10. Unable to navigate and open programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to navigate and open programs: You guys have had this before I can only imagine but didn't see this thread in this section. I have been fighting an issue for over a month. I think It started after I resubscribed to Kaspersky a few months ago. Most programs wont open or when they do its 10-15 min to do so....