Windows 10: Unable to open settings and command prompt windows

Discus and support Unable to open settings and command prompt windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! my issue is started when I deleted some files in folder 'c'. Then all things go worst. Now I am not able to open settings and I am not able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ravi TejPonna, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Unable to open settings and command prompt windows

Hello!

my issue is started when I deleted some files in folder 'c'. Then all things go worst.

Now I am not able to open settings and I am not able to run command prompt windows

Please give the support from your side to me as soon as possible

Thank you!

:)

Ravi TejPonna, Mar 19, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Mar 19, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Unable to open settings and command prompt windows

Unable to open Settings

Hi,

Upon analyzing the issue, we need to check first if the
    partition is still available. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type
      these following
      commands:

• Diskpart

• List disk

• Sel disk 0

• List partition

Check if the
    partition
    is still
    available. If it is, type
    exit
    to
    leave Diskpart
    and
    run
    these following
    commands:

Disk Checker:

To run
    Disk Checker, type
    chkdsk /f /r and hit
    Enter.

SFC Scan:  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

DISM Tool:  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer
    for further assistance in resetting your BIOS.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Unable to open settings and command prompt windows

1. Unable to open settings and command prompt windows - Similar Threads - Unable open settings

2. Unable to get into command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to get into command prompt: Hi,I have been trying to get into my command prompt in windows, I do this my shift and right clicking on restart, I get into the command prompt just fine but it asks me for a password. Neither my Microsoft password or my windows hello pin works. Please advise....
  3. Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt: Having problem installing updates windows 10 64bit - version 2004 -- need to access command prompt as an Administrator to try to fix. Any ideas ?...
  4. Command prompt not opening

Command prompt not opening: Hi All, Whenever I try to open a command prompt in windows 10 it crashes automatically. Please assist how to fix the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-not-opening/cc3ba5c9-0dda-421b-b0af-d3e128135a1c
  5. Settings commands chkdsk at command prompt

Settings commands chkdsk at command prompt: Hello, I appealed to the Microsoft community and please send me ascript containing all the settings commands chkdsk to fix the bad ssd ect… Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  6. Unable to open Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10: Hello everyone I'm having a problem when I attempt to open my Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10. I'm unable to enter my admin username and password. It saysTo continue, enter an admin user name and password, but then under that there are no entry prompts for the...
  7. Unable to open command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open command prompt: Hi everyone, I have been unable to open command prompt for past week or so (not sure when exactly it started). I am using Windows 10 version 1909 (I have all Windows updates installed). I have read somewhere that the issue might be that the user file got corrupted and as a...
  8. Windows Command Prompt is not opening...

Windows Command Prompt is not opening...: So I was trying to open the command prompt and every time the command prompt opened for a short while and it closes by itself. I mean it just flashes for a moment and I can't see a thing. I created a new administrator account and tried to open it and it worked. But I can't...
  9. Command prompt not opening

Command prompt not opening: Hi, I recently installed a windows 10 update and noe cmd.exe does not work. I hvae tried many different methods to open it but all that happens is a small window flashes up ont he screen for a split second then dissapears. any ideas? s8on...
  10. Command Prompt Not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Not Opening: Recently attempting to open Command prompt, ordinary or as administrator, it flashes for perhaps 2 seconds and then disappears. I tried the following commands sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth But none of these seem to work, I'm wondering if there...