Windows 10: unable to open settings app in windows 10

Discus and support unable to open settings app in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-settings-app-in-windows-10/3226acbe-a966-42c8-a983-3a3723e8c703 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RAYCORDES, Dec 23, 2019.

1. RAYCORDES Win User

unable to open settings app in windows 10

how can i fix this

:)

RAYCORDES, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. unable to open settings app in windows 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 23, 2019
  4. unable to open settings app in windows 10

Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

unable to open settings app in windows 10

1. unable to open settings app in windows 10 - Similar Threads - unable open settings

2. I am unable to open windows 11 settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to open windows 11 settings app: When I click on the app it will not open enough to read the details so I cannot update windows etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-open-windows-11-settings-app/adbd0558-8ba4-4ca7-be00-658ab1de112a
  3. Windows 10 apps, settings not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 apps, settings not opening: My k7 total security system expired and so I installed avast antivirus app. It ran some scans and asked me to delete a few files that it said were a security threat. Sometime after that, things went haywire1. Not able to open any apps or settings. Not even able to shut down...
  4. Settings app is not opening in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app is not opening in Windows 10.: I am unable to open the settings app. When I click on the settings icon it doesn't open. I tried running the sfc/ scannow command but it stops at 87% every single time and displays an error message that says 'the scan could not be completed' is displayed.I also tried to use...
  5. unable to open apps on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unable to open apps on windows 10: I tried using the start button and clicking the apps on my desktop and it still would not work. Any help? This has happened many times but after while it just fixes itself. submitted by /u/yuyanghor [link] [comments]...
  6. Unable to open settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open settings: A short while ago I downloaded an update onto my surface pro 5 running windows 10 and since then I cannot open the settings menu. When I click on the settings icon and wait and wait and eventually a blank red screen appears but no menu. Also the outlook email app is now so...
  7. unable to open settings..

unable to open settings..: hi guys, My new lenovo laptop it was windows10 pro....i am unable to open settings ..please provide the solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-settings/37ddbdd9-3e77-425a-b1a4-5418bc6afaf3
  8. Unable to open settings app to view settings as it crashes

Unable to open settings app to view settings as it crashes: I am unable to open the settings app to view it and access it. It immediately crashes. This started only recently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-settings-app-to-view-settings-as-it/9dd2994e-ba55-40d8-ab89-5fb93f097e22
  9. Settings unable to open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings unable to open: I went on my computer this morning, and i tried to access the settings but when the app opens, it instantly closes, it also does this for forza horizon 4, i have been told that it is because the PC is performing an update but if anyone could confirm this, would be greatly...
  10. Unable to open settings

Unable to open settings: Hi, I'm running Windows 17763.253, I've tried many methods like reinstalling the Windows Store but I am unable to open my settings, display or personalization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-settings/2c80ffa2-78cc-4109-8280-60e144d1e488

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to open settings windows 10

2. unable to open windows settings in Windows 10