Windows 10: unable to open settings from windows search bar

Discus and support unable to open settings from windows search bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Problem: i'm unable to open the setting options from the search bar (while apps works fine) , as soon as i click on it nothing append, no error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StefaNOYB, Mar 19, 2019.

1. StefaNOYB Win User

unable to open settings from windows search bar

Problem: i'm unable to open the setting options from the search bar (while apps works fine) , as soon as i click on it nothing append, no error message, nothing at all, should be something realted to cortana or the name of the user which was changed.

Version: windows 10 home 1809 build 17763.379

what i've tried:

-rebooting

-search for updated

-create a new user account with admin permissions and delete cortana folder and reinstall it as pointed out here

in the new account search bar work fine, i just don't want to lost all mine settings and migrate to the new account

-re indexing all

-restarting windows search service

unable to open settings from windows search bar 3a720bea-a47a-4fb1-b5ff-ebc7d72ff207?upload=true.png

any workaround? ( which doesn't involve reinstalling windows of course , i don't want lose all mine settings.. )

:)

StefaNOYB, Mar 19, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Davemate1 Win User
    Unable to open search settings

I am trying to stop the search bar from searching the Internet, and just search my computer. To do this, I understand I have to open search settings. However, since I upgraded to Windows 10, I've been unable to open search settings and every time I click
    on the cortana and search settings icon, nothing happens.

Can anyone help with why this is and how I can fix it please?

Davemate1, Mar 19, 2019
  4. unable to open settings from windows search bar

Unable to open Settings and Magnifier.

Hi Hans,

Did you made any changes to the system prior to the issue?

What exactly are you referring to ''the title appears on the bottom bar but will not open''?

Did you check for any pending updates? If not, follow the below steps to update the Windows.

• Press Windows key+ I to open the
      Settings.

• Click on Update & security, then click on
      Windows Update.

• Select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

This issue may occur due to corrupt or missing Windows files.

You can also go to the Settings by pressing the windows
    key+ R. You may try to open the Settings with this shortcut and see if the options can be seen.

If the above suggestions doesn’t help, you may run the
    system maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue still persist.

Follow the below steps to run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box on the task bar and then press
      Enter.

• Select Troubleshooting from the list.

• Click on view all in the left pan and select
      System maintenance troubleshooter.

• Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope you can open the Settings.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

unable to open settings from windows search bar

1. unable to open settings from windows search bar - Similar Threads - unable open settings

2. Unable to open task bar or settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open task bar or settings.: When I press on the taskbar or the Windows key nothing happens. When I press the windows key and i, nothing happens. Pressing most of the icons on the taskbar does nothing, this includes the Films and TV app, the Microsoft Store app, and the wifi and volume. My internet...
  3. Unable to open task bar or settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open task bar or settings.: When I press on the taskbar or the Windows key nothing happens. When I press the windows key and i, nothing happens. Pressing most of the icons on the taskbar does nothing, this includes the Films and TV app, the Microsoft Store app, and the wifi and volume. My internet...
  4. can open settings or search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can open settings or search bar: i updated my windows quality two windows 10 22h2 and when it got done downloading.i restarted my pc and my settings stopped working everytime opened them it would like crash and then my search bar stopped working i cant type anything or click on it.i have tried two do sfc...
  5. can open settings or search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can open settings or search bar: i updated my windows quality two windows 10 22h2 and when it got done downloading.i restarted my pc and my settings stopped working everytime opened them it would like crash and then my search bar stopped working i cant type anything or click on it.i have tried two do sfc...
  6. can open settings or search bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unable to access windows settings or the search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access windows settings or the search bar: When i try to access the settings menu or use the search bar, i am unable to access either of them. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-windows-settings-or-the-search/7ede9c0b-4169-47ed-bc60-359f37bc6f78
  8. Unable to open documents from the search bar.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open documents from the search bar.: When I search for an item in my search bar, once found, I'm unable to open it directly. I have to go to the file folder it's in and open it from there. This has never been an issue until today. Occasionally, I will get a pop up that tells me I don't have permission to open...
  9. Unable to "open file location" from search bar

in Cortana
    Unable to "open file location" from search bar: When I search for something from the search bar and click "open file location", there's a RunTimeBroker error that says: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I'm pretty sure this...
  10. Unable to Open Search Bar in Windows 10?

in Cortana
    Unable to Open Search Bar in Windows 10?: Hi. I am unable to open the search bar in Windows 10. Can anybody tell me what is the reason and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-search-bar-in-windows-10/9c903b0c-5d76-4c41-990e-79c16f01b4e0"