Windows 10: Unable to open software accounting program

Discus and support Unable to open software accounting program in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to open a software program I am met with the following error message - Error (Server=PETERHOBBS-PC\PTPACCOUNTS, Database=PTPACCTSNEW),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Peter Hobbs, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Unable to open software accounting program

When I try to open a software program I am met with the following error message - Error (Server=PETERHOBBS-PC\PTPACCOUNTS, Database=PTPACCTSNEW), Error=[Unspecifiederror], Description = [[DBNETLIB] [ConnectionOpen(Connect()). SQL Server does not exist or access denied.] I clicked on Start/All Programs/Microsoft SQL Server but could not find Configeration Tools as per instructions. What do I do next?

:)

Peter Hobbs, Mar 29, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Unable to open software accounting program

Problem in opening files through other softwares

Hi Sahaj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

If the issue is with an app which is installed from Store, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app and check if that helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the app in which you are facing the issue and click
      Uninstall.
    • Open the Windows Store.
    • Search for the app and click on Install.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If the issue is with a software installed, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the program and check if that helps. Follow the steps below:

• Click on Programs and Features.
    • Right click on the software in which you are facing the issue from the list and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    • Now reinstall the program and check.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Unable to open software accounting program

1. Unable to open software accounting program - Similar Threads - Unable open software

2. Unable to open or have Radeon Software work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open or have Radeon Software work: Now suddenly this......and I am unable to reset or repair or use this app. I even tried backup and restore, but it failed due to inability to access this file...I have done all I know including sfc...dism commands....New computer ...sad...
  3. Unable to open a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open a program: Hello, I am having problems with running as administrator. I am the only user on my computer. Its a admin account. When I go to run a programany program, when I right click, it doesn't do anything. Nothing happens. What do i do? [Original Title: Administrator]...
  4. Unable to open programs or apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to open programs or apps: I can't open any programs or apps, I've tried using start and through clicking it through the desktop. It seems like the only app i can open is Google Chrome and Discord, but that might be because theyre startup apps. submitted by /u/Prudent-Flow4720 [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows Unable to open any program.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Unable to open any program.: My computer gets stuck whenever i try to open any program Even command prompt. The computer becomes unresponsive and freezes for few minutes . I can't execute any operation on it . Can i restore my laptop the way it was few days before ? Hope there's any other way to fix it...
  6. Unable to open Office Starter programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open Office Starter programs: starting today, and after latest updates and new feature update, unable to use word/excel. My computer has the office starter package, not the full versions. I get Application Virtualization Client could not lauch.. service is not running.. Error caode nis...
  7. Unable to open apps / programs

Unable to open apps / programs: Suddenly a lot of my apps / programs such as windows photo viewer, speed test etc. will not open, I get the following message: We're updating Photos. It should be ready to use shortly. How do I fix?...
  8. Unable to open many programs

Unable to open many programs: For about the last 2 or so weeks, my ability to open programs has decrease. After scanning for bugs and malware with nothing found I tried 3 things recommended online 1. I disabled Windows Firewall and Anti-virus 2. Updated registry for .exe and exefile to "1%"% (typing...
  9. unable to open downloaded software

unable to open downloaded software: ive downloaded mcafee software and I am unable to open as a box pops up saying 'only verified apps can be installed'. can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-downloaded-software/97e5190f-3356-41dd-8ee4-629af24aead8
  10. Unable to navigate and open programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to navigate and open programs: You guys have had this before I can only imagine but didn't see this thread in this section. I have been fighting an issue for over a month. I think It started after I resubscribed to Kaspersky a few months ago. Most programs wont open or when they do its 10-15 min to do so....