Windows 10: Unable to open .svg files with Microsoft Photos

Discus and support Unable to open .svg files with Microsoft Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Unable to select Microsoft Photos app for .svg file association when using the Open With context menu So I tried installing ownership context menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by krohm, Mar 29, 2016.

1. krohm Win User

Unable to open .svg files with Microsoft Photos

Unable to select Microsoft Photos app for .svg file association when using the Open With context menu

So I tried installing ownership context menu to actually access the Microsoft Photos app, which pointed to the directory, C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\

But there is no exe in that folder, and it seems when checking task manager and opening file location of the Microsoft Photos app when it's open, it points to a created folder inside the above folder. So it creates an individual folder each time the application is open.

The option isn't under Settings \ System \ Default Apps \ Choose default application by file type

Again, I run into the same problem without being able to select the application when trying to choose based on the .svg extension.

So there is no way of selecting the Microsoft Photos app to associate with .svg

So I'm kinda out of ideas here, assistance / thoughts appreciated

Cheers

:)

krohm, Mar 29, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Adobe SVG Viewer use in Win 10

What functionality of Adobe SVG Viewer do they need ?

Adobe have dropped support for Adobe SVG Viewer since 2009.

Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge amongst many other applications can open and view SVG Files . . .

CLICK HERE for a link to free SVG Viewers and Editors

DaveM121, Mar 29, 2016
  3. Adobe SVG Viewer not compatible with Win 10

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

As mentioned in the below article, you can open SVG files in any modern web browsers

Adobe SVG Viewer download area

You may please use Internet Explorer and check if you can open the SVG files.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Mar 29, 2016
  4. krohm Win User

so windows 10 cannot open .svg files?

krohm, Mar 29, 2016
  5. krohm Win User
    krohm, Apr 1, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Try using Open With and select your browser to open .svg files.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to open .svg files with Microsoft Photos - Similar Threads - Unable open svg

2. Unable to open photos from iPhone with File Explorer on Laptop for Microsoft Photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open photos from iPhone with File Explorer on Laptop for Microsoft Photo app: Unable to open photos from iPhone with File Explorer on Laptop for Microsoft Photo appFrom previous questions and replies it appears Microsoft was aware of this issue back in 2021 and were looking for fix as many other people reported the same issues, i am having the same...
  3. Unable to open photos from iPhone with File Explorer on Laptop for Microsoft Photo app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open photos from iPhone with File Explorer on Laptop for Microsoft Photo app: Unable to open photos from iPhone with File Explorer on Laptop for Microsoft Photo appFrom previous questions and replies it appears Microsoft was aware of this issue back in 2021 and were looking for fix as many other people reported the same issues, i am having the same...
  4. SVG file help

SVG file help: saving a file from silhouette studio as "SVG" opening up blank when i try to open in graphtec pro studio, any ideas?
  5. Microsoft Whiteboard SVG file has no content

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Whiteboard SVG file has no content: I am having issues when exporting from the Microsoft whiteboard app on windows 10. After importing a PDF to edit on the app, as part of an online lesson, I am unable to share the exported SVG file as I get the following error message: This XML file does not appear to have...
  6. Unable to open HEIC files in Microsoft Photos...

Unable to open HEIC files in Microsoft Photos...: I went to the app store to load HEIF Image Extensions with no problem, then went on to read in description that it also requires the HEVC Video extensions in order to read the HEIC files in Microsoft photos, the issue is that when i go to the app store it says HEVC Video...
  7. .svg files opening with Microsoft edge - why

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .svg files opening with Microsoft edge - why: after the last windows update 0ver 1000 svg files now want to open with microsoft edge. Help please! I need this fixed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svg-files-opening-with-microsoft-edge-why/9ed0774f-f8f0-4090-bed7-08a8612e9235
  8. SVG downloaded files

SVG downloaded files: I want any svg files that I download to come in as IE files. This was working until I installed the latest Inkscape program. Now all svg files download as Inkscape. How do I fix this?...
  9. svg files

svg files: I want to know why all of a sudden my downloads for my cricut design space are converting to svg documents and not svg files!! and how can I convert what I downloaded already from svg documents to svg files for me to be able to use for my cricut design space....
  10. SVG in Windows photo

SVG in Windows photo: Hello, When will you add SVG support in windows photo viewer ? Vector images are not supported yet. Thank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svg-in-windows-photo/d1ee1547-be3f-48f1-a41b-10e2d8ff571a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to open up mircosoft photos

2. svg microsoft photos

3. can microsoft photos display svg files

4. microsoft photos open svg,
  5. open .svg files with photos,
  6. unable to open .svg,
  7. Unable to open svg Windows 10