Windows 10: Unable to open Taskbar Settings when right clicking the task bar and selecting taskbar settings

Discus and support Unable to open Taskbar Settings when right clicking the task bar and selecting taskbar settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This also applies to the sound settings as well when I try to access it by right clicking the speaker icon. Any idea how to fix this? I've only found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NeznerolG, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Unable to open Taskbar Settings when right clicking the task bar and selecting taskbar settings

This also applies to the sound settings as well when I try to access it by right clicking the speaker icon. Any idea how to fix this? I've only found one solution so far and that's for me to create a new user account and delete the one that I currently have, but I don't want the hassle of backing up my user files.

This is a minor inconvenience but any help would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/NeznerolG
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NeznerolG, Aug 5, 2020

2. mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Unable to open Taskbar Settings when right clicking the task bar and selecting taskbar settings

Can't find Properties when I right click on Taskbar

It hasn't appeared as 'Properties' since version 1511 when it would open the taskbar's settings in Control Panel. In 1607 these settings were removed from Control Panel and added to the Settings app. The right-click item was renamed 'Settings' to reflect this change. In 1703 the name changed again to 'Taskbar settings' but otherwise behaved as it did in 1607.

The setting you want is now in Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Select which items appear on the taskbar.

Bree, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Unable to open Taskbar Settings when right clicking the task bar and selecting taskbar settings

1. Unable to open Taskbar Settings when right clicking the task bar and selecting taskbar settings - Similar Threads - Unable open Taskbar

2. Unable to open task bar or settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open task bar or settings.: When I press on the taskbar or the Windows key nothing happens. When I press the windows key and i, nothing happens. Pressing most of the icons on the taskbar does nothing, this includes the Films and TV app, the Microsoft Store app, and the wifi and volume. My internet...
  3. Unable to open task bar or settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open task bar or settings.: When I press on the taskbar or the Windows key nothing happens. When I press the windows key and i, nothing happens. Pressing most of the icons on the taskbar does nothing, this includes the Films and TV app, the Microsoft Store app, and the wifi and volume. My internet...
  4. Unable to open task bar or settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.: Currently using this version 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022360. I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps available online none worked in my case.This could save lot of efforts while running multiple processes. Thanks...
  6. Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.

Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.: Currently using this version 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022360. I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps available online none worked in my case.This could save lot of efforts while running multiple processes. Thanks...
  7. Windows 11 taskbar settings with right click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar settings with right click.: Please add ability to lock the taskbar or toggle autohide, with a popup menu by right clicking the taskbar. Navigating through all those settings to switch this which I switch often is a waste of my time. Also add ability to have the taskbar on the left side of the screen....
  8. Windows 11 taskbar settings with right click.

Windows 11 taskbar settings with right click.: Please add ability to lock the taskbar or toggle autohide, with a popup menu by right clicking the taskbar. Navigating through all those settings to switch this which I switch often is a waste of my time. Also add ability to have the taskbar on the left side of the screen....
  9. Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar CMD opens and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar CMD opens and...: Hello! I recently stumbled upon a problem. I can't use certain settings on Windows such as right-clicking on my taskbar and clicking the "Settings for the taskbar" option. Whenever I click on it, the command prompt appears for a brief second. Sometimes it opens up and...
  10. Cannot open setting up through right clicking on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open setting up through right clicking on taskbar: While setting up window can still be opened from the start menu, these setting up options that show up after right click on task bar including language bar setup, task bar setup and internet setup have somehow stopped working. Any solution?...