Windows 10: Unable to Open/Uninstall App After Reverting Update

Discus and support Unable to Open/Uninstall App After Reverting Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently installed the Anniversary Update and I tested some apps to see if they work. I tried to open Wifi Analyzer and it immediately crashes after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by okmansas, Aug 10, 2016.

1. okmansas Win User

Unable to Open/Uninstall App After Reverting Update

I recently installed the Anniversary Update and I tested some apps to see if they work. I tried to open Wifi Analyzer and it immediately crashes after opening. After trying to open it multiple times I decided to reinstall. I uninstalled it but my internet went down so I wasn't able to connect to the store. Then I revert to the previous build 10586.545 for personal reasons.

The All Apps list somehow has that app on the list. I couldn't open it and it wouldn't let me uninstall. Once I got internet I went to the store and it says it is installed, but there is no open button.

:)

okmansas, Aug 10, 2016
  2. Shoopang Win User

Latest Photos Update Release Notes - 15.820.12440.0

Hi Lee I am using windows 10 and despite several attempts am unable to uninstall photo app. Could you please advise how I can do this? Thanks

Shoopang, Aug 10, 2016
  3. John582n Win User
    Unable to uninstall an app after creators update

It is advisable to disable or remove any 3rd party security applications prior to the Creators update.

I suggest that you remove Bitdefender (and any other 3rd party security apps

Uninstall Bitdefender

Restart the computer

Download the latest version of Bitdefender then reinstall it.

Restart and see if the issue is fixed.

John582n, Aug 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Unable to Open/Uninstall App After Reverting Update - Similar Threads - Unable Open Uninstall

2. Unable to uninstall App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to uninstall App: I am trying to remove thisgoogle play services third party app but it doesn't show me not enable uninstall option . If i click on Modify option it shows me error like thison second image . Please anyone replay with solution ....
  3. Unable to uninstall App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to uninstall App: I am trying to remove thisgoogle play services third party app but it doesn't show me not enable uninstall option . If i click on Modify option it shows me error like thison second image . Please anyone replay with solution ....
  4. Unable to Uninstall Xbox Apps

Unable to Uninstall Xbox Apps: I have a Lenovo Flex 14 laptop with Windows 10 and am unable to uninstall the Xbox apps which I desire to do because I don't use them I don't even own an Xbox and need to free up the space. I'm aware that Windows deliberately prevents traditional uninstalling because it's a...
  5. Uninstall/revert driver updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall/revert driver updates: Hell all,I believe one or all the driver updates from the 22nd and/or 23rd of December have destabilized my system in that before December 22nd i was able to properly connect to the company VPN with a PIN prompt for the Virtual Smart Card. After i installed the updates, the...
  6. Uninstall/revert driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall/revert driver updates: Hell all,I believe one or all the driver updates from the 22nd and/or 23rd of December have destabilized my system in that before December 22nd i was able to properly connect to the company VPN with a PIN prompt for the Virtual Smart Card. After i installed the updates, the...
  7. Uninstall/revert driver updates

8. Unable to open apps, uninstall, or install, dll errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open apps, uninstall, or install, dll errors: Good day, i'm taking a break from trying to troubleshoot this pc, and any insights would be very welcome when i come back to trying again tomorrow. Windows 10, I had a crash during install of an update, i believe and when it rebooted, I received a missing DLL file message,...
  9. Unable to uninstall an app.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to uninstall an app.: Install of a legacy program failed. Incompletely installed. It is present on the hard drive yet not on the App list and therefore not available to uninstall. How do I uninstall it?...
  10. Unable to uninstall App after unsuccessful reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to uninstall App after unsuccessful reset: Hi there, I recently attempted to reset an App (The Outer Worlds) from the Microsoft Store. I had installed it and played for several hours, but it had trouble launching suddenly so I attempted to reset it. The reset attempt appears not to have worked. It removed the App...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant uninstall programs after reverting back to previous windows version

2. unable to open apps after update

3. unable to open or uninstall Windows Photos