Windows 10: Unable to open web pages from within MS Outlook, Internet Explorer opens the download...

Discus and support Unable to open web pages from within MS Outlook, Internet Explorer opens the download... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear All, I have new new laptop with Windows `10 Enterprise and use Internet Explorer 11 as my default browser. I am often emailed web pages as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Antonio_uk, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Unable to open web pages from within MS Outlook, Internet Explorer opens the download...

Dear All,

I have new new laptop with Windows `10 Enterprise and use Internet Explorer 11 as my default browser. I am often emailed web pages as attachments to emails. I used to be able to open these web pages in Internet Explorer fine before I got this new laptop (previous laptop also had Windows 10 Ent and I was also using IE 11).

When I attempt to open web pages that I have been emailed to me the IE the download applet opens as opposed to the Internet page. When I attempt to open the page from within the download applet the same download applet appears again. So far I have tried the following to no avail:

- Reset IE 11 settings to default

- Lowered IE 11 security setting from Medium High to Medium

- Switched default browser from IE to Edge but still getting same behaviour in Edge

As part of my work I have to use IE 11 and can't use any other web browser

The version of MS Office I am using is Office 365 Pro Plus

Any advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated

:)

Antonio_uk, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Opening web pages in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Which web browser are you using?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Open the Web page.
    • Click on Gear icon at the top right corner.
    • Click on File and select Save as
    • You can save in different format.
    • Open file Explorer select and right click on web page which is saved in File Explorer.
    • Select open with and Select WordPad or notepad.
    • There you will be able to Edit .

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Jessen P Win User
    I cant open mi web page in internet and my emails in outlook

Hi Cristian,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• Which browser do you use to access websites?
    • Do you get any error message when you cannot open the websites?

I suggest you to check the status of the issue on different web browsers. In case you face the issue on Internet Explorer, you may add the website to Compatibility view settings and check if it helps.
    To add the website to compatibility view follow the steps below.

Steps:-

• Open Internet Explorer and go to the website.

• Press Alt + X keys and select
          Compatibility view settings

• Click on Add and Close.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Jessen P, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Unable to open web pages from within MS Outlook, Internet Explorer opens the download...

Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Unable to open web pages from within MS Outlook, Internet Explorer opens the download...

1. Unable to open web pages from within MS Outlook, Internet Explorer opens the download... - Similar Threads - Unable open web

2. Open a google web page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open a google web page: Hello Community, I have an HP desktop PC with IO of windows 10 home. I am using Google Chrome for my web searching, every time I open a new window the page will not fill my monitor screen then I have to click on the little square box in the upper right of the page then click...
  3. Open a google web page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open a google web page: Hello Community, I have an HP desktop PC with IO of windows 10 home. I am using Google Chrome for my web searching, every time I open a new window the page will not fill my monitor screen then I have to click on the little square box in the upper right of the page then click...
  4. Unable to download and open files from the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to download and open files from the internet: I am having trouble downloading files from the internet and accessing them. Any document i try to download says it is downloaded but isnt if that makes sense?? basically i will be able to download the file but will show this automictically and wont change at all, any type of...
  5. Unable to download and open files from the internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to download and open files from the internet: I am having trouble downloading files from the internet and accessing them. Any document i try to download says it is downloaded but isnt if that makes sense?? basically i will be able to download the file but will show this automictically and wont change at all, any type of...
  6. Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer

Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer: Hello, I purchased an e-book and I was trying to download and open it and while doing that I accidentally selected open in Internet Explorer. I was to change back to my default download opening settings but I can't figure out how to. I don't want internet explorer and I...
  7. web pages opening slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web pages opening slow: Hello Community: Scenario: I have an HP Desktop PC with Windows 10 home as the OS. I have been having to use a password / Pin number to log onto my pc, I did not want a password sign on anymore, I tried to make the change from password log on to NO PASSWORD or PIN...
  8. Web pages don't open

Web pages don't open: Most of the time, Web pages don't open. Usually, the Network diagnostics say it's a DNS server problem. Otherwise, they say they can't identify the problem. I've tried all the fixes proposed by Microsoft advisors and those I could find on the Web - all to no avail.* I...
  9. Unable to open web pages from 2013 Microsoft Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to open web pages from 2013 Microsoft Word: When I go to any site from links within a word document on a specific domain, I tried to save some of the links for the other sites shown on that domain's main page in a 2013 Microsoft Word document. Doing so then for some reason causes the links not to work but instead, it...
  10. outlook open with internet explorer

in Browsers and Email
    outlook open with internet explorer: When I want to open a link in outlook 2010 to open a website, I have to choose the app to open. I choose IE and also put a X by "Always use this app" . But next time I receive the same ... (when I choose edge, there is no problem but I want to use IE Internet explorer is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open web pages from outlook

2. Unable to open website outlook

3. windows unable to open outlook message in browser