Windows 10: Unable to open websites via 2nd Router used as an Access point

Discus and support Unable to open websites via 2nd Router used as an Access point in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have two routers in my home, the main Netgear, and then a Belkin dual band AC router, used as an access point. From the access point, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveImagery, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Unable to open websites via 2nd Router used as an Access point

Hi everyone,

I have two routers in my home, the main Netgear, and then a Belkin dual band AC router, used as an access point. From the access point, I have two wired connections, 1 going to my pc, the 2nd going to an Amazon Fire Stick, and then the wifi from the AP I was using for my tablet and smart phone. It's all worked flawlessly for years. A couple days ago, I purchased a new tablet and smart phone, and here's where my problems begin. I can connect both devices to the AP no problem, and can even watch twitch and youtube, but if I want to pull up a website, both devices will hang. If I switch either device to the Wifi from the main router in the house, they pull up websites no problem. I should also mention, wifey has a laptop connected to the same AP, and has no issues whatsoever. It appears to be only the new devices this problem occurs with. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate them.

Windows 10 64Bit 20H2 Build 19042.867

Steps I've taken:

Power cycled both routers
    Flushed DNS
    Ran network troubleshooter

:)

DaveImagery, Mar 13, 2021

2. Unable to access my router

1. I already have a gateway configured in my house, so no, i'm not relying on this router for internet. However, I plan to make this into an access point in the very near future.

2.This is what I'm getting when i follow that step....

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.205.6(Preferred
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

So with this i tried 169.254.205.1 with unlucky results :/

Mrblack761, Mar 13, 2021
  3. ASRockIQ Win User
    Unable to access website

hey guys, i seem to be unable to access THIS website. i'm a VIP there and i'm working on my sticky thread. the site maybe down or something. i tried turning my DSL Modem and Router off and that's a no go. tried restarting my computer and that also was a no go. lastly tried clearing DATA like Cookies, History, Etc. site maybe just be down.

ASRockIQ, Mar 13, 2021
  4. SeanC Win User

Unable to open websites via 2nd Router used as an Access point

Router Denying Websites

My Router is denying certain websites, from a certain Server, but I don't remember equipping it to do so. It's a seemingly random occurance (which will not stop). Server's websites are perfectly accessible once the router is removed and straight cable connection is used instead. Frustrating.

I've tried resetting the router, but it doesn't want to for some reason (held and pressed button for 15 secs).

Any suggestions? *Wtf :wtf:

SeanC, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Unable to open websites via 2nd Router used as an Access point

1. Unable to open websites via 2nd Router used as an Access point - Similar Threads - Unable open websites

2. Unable to access some websites via ethernet. [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access some websites via ethernet. [Windows 11]: For some reason, I'm unable to access some seemingly random websites via ethernet cable. My wifi connection works fine. I'm running Windows 11. On chrome, I get the ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE error message and "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site." in Firefox. I've tried...
  3. Unable to access some websites via ethernet. [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access some websites via ethernet. [Windows 11]: For some reason, I'm unable to access some seemingly random websites via ethernet cable. My wifi connection works fine. I'm running Windows 11. On chrome, I get the ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE error message and "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site." in Firefox. I've tried...
  4. Unable to access the Ticketmaster website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access the Ticketmaster website: Trying to purchase tickets on my desktop computer, windows 11, google chrome, but kept getting the following message:Error Message : Pardon Our Interruption Question24453 Views Last updated October 4, 2022Hi, I'm trying to open well known ticketing websites I have log/ins...
  5. unable to access certain websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to access certain websites: I am unable to access certain websites on my pc, it just comes up with a screen saying 'this site can't be reached', I've checked the connection and the proxy and the firewall but when it comes to trying to run windows network diagnostics, it says 'An error has occurred while...
  6. “Investigate router or access point issues”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “Investigate router or access point issues”: First things first here is my hardware and software I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1909 through bootcamp on my 15 inch macbook pro with 64-bit OS. 15.9/16 gb ram available and intel coretm i7-7700hq cpu 2.8 ghz for about a week now I have been struggling with...
  7. Router/access point conflict

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Router/access point conflict: Message for both my Epson WF 4630 and Epson Artisan 730: A router/access point channel conflict has been detected. If you have problems printing or scanning improve your wireless network environment...
  8. router access point conflict with epson ET4550

router access point conflict with epson ET4550: My computer prints wirelessly to the printer. When I try to scan a document it says it cannot connect. I can send a scn from my printer to the computer. I have printed the network connection check from the printer and it sas there is a conflict. My hub is BT hub6 I...
  9. Unable to access server via remote desktop after router change

Unable to access server via remote desktop after router change: Hi, I manage my home theatre and music servers via remote desktop. Both have wired connections to the router. All has been well for many years. Recently our old modem/router was replaced with a new one. There have been no other changes. While I can still remote into...
  10. Unable to access website via FQDN or IP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access website via FQDN or IP: Hello, Hoping someone can assist with this mind boggling issue I have at work. We have a website we're trying to access from within our work network, but for some strange reason we just get the standard "this site can't be reached" error. I have gone into our Firewall...