Windows 10: unable to open windows programs as administrator--user has admin rights

Discus and support unable to open windows programs as administrator--user has admin rights in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; start menu does not work, run as admin does not work, services does not work. logged in as administrator in admin group. when asked this question in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Charles1045, Jun 27, 2021.

1. unable to open windows programs as administrator--user has admin rights

start menu does not work, run as admin does not work, services does not work. logged in as administrator in admin group. when asked this question in google "run as administrator" not working, most say go to cmd and run as admin lmao i guess they didn't understand the question!?

:)

Charles1045, Jun 27, 2021
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Jun 27, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 27, 2021
  4. unable to open windows programs as administrator--user has admin rights

Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

unable to open windows programs as administrator--user has admin rights

1. unable to open windows programs as administrator--user has admin rights - Similar Threads - unable open programs

2. My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights: Hello dear all.Our computer has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights. I mean, all are administrator and all are within the local administrators group, but in practice, none acts as admin.We have tried a few suggestions from different forums, but nothing seems to...
  3. Admin Authorized User not having admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Authorized User not having admin rights: The acct I use to login in, the same acct that I used to set up my system when I purchased it was set with Administrator rights. I am the ONLY user and not part of an organization or workplace server. At first glance when you look at acct from the logoff perspective or inside...
  4. Unable to user local admin rights on Windows 10

Unable to user local admin rights on Windows 10: Hi, We have a Windows 10 Machine as Azure AD Joined. I have assigned the Helpdesk Team the Device Administrator role from AAD -> Devices -> Device Settings -> Additional local administrators, however, the helpdesk team is not able to use the admin privileges. Kindly...
  5. Running a program with admin rights, without user knowing the credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running a program with admin rights, without user knowing the credentials: Hi there is it possible to have a user run a program with admin rights, without manually adding the credentials everytime the program is run? A company just told me because the program runs with admin credentials it works and we need to do it that way. The user is already a...
  6. Administrator rights for program

Administrator rights for program: My fujifilm Camera uses Finepix studio to download/load Pictures from my camera FinePics S8200 everytime I try to use it the PC says I need Administrator Privileges Code LDR0003 the upgrade reverts to an older version and does not recognise the camera [ATTACH] *...
  7. Administrator rights as local user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator rights as local user?: Hello! I have a little problem for the busy community! Thanks already: The following scenario: I am a local user, so I don't have administrator rights on the Windows system! The password of the admin user is unknown to me. I don't want to change it either. That one...
  8. Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights

Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights: This is a computer fresh out of the box. I am logged in as the local administrator. When I try go to personilize, then themes, then click on Desktop icon settings a pop up states that it can't access that folder because I dont have administrator rights. ummm I am the...
  9. Lost administration rights on admin account

Lost administration rights on admin account: I found another thread on the same topic, but it was "locked" - so here is another one: After recent update and several uninstall and installation procedures my account was not able to sign in to windows. While signing in with another user account and trying to use command...
  10. How to give access to a user to a program with administrator rights...

in Windows 10 Support
    How to give access to a user to a program with administrator rights...: ... with UAC prompt? (sorry this didn't fit the title space) When I search the internet I keep finding tutorials, some safe, others unsafe about giving administrator permissions to a user that is not an administrator. Unfortunately, all of those are also about suppressing...