Windows 10: Unable to open Word after todays update?

Discus and support Unable to open Word after todays update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am unable to open Word/Mail/Excel/PowerPoint/ etc... after todays update? Any suggestions? Office shows me logged in and up to date. It will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jeremiah Harman, May 13, 2020.

1. Unable to open Word after todays update?

I am unable to open Word/Mail/Excel/PowerPoint/ etc... after todays update? Any suggestions? Office shows me logged in and up to date. It will not open through Office app or from toolbar or using shortcut. Only the Orange Office update box will show up and then the display message; *The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application. * Kind of stuck here, I have rebooted multiple times and same result. Any help would be appreciated, Thank You

Jeremiah

:)

Jeremiah Harman, May 13, 2020

2. Unable to open Excel or Word

I am unable to open a specific Excel File or Excel or Word at all. It shows and error message (-2147163890). Any suggestions

RalphDaMario, May 13, 2020
  3. Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, May 13, 2020
  4. Unable to open Word after todays update?

Unable to open Word document

Can any one help? I have a word document that I am unable to open. When I click on the document it comes up with 'unable to read this content, do you want to recover? However when I click yes it then comes up with 'word experienced an error '. I've searched
    multiple things to recover it and I just can't seem to open it.

Another problem is that the file type is classed as a short cut. If anyone has any suggestions or even some insight on what the blood hell I've done that'd be great.

RyanWalton2, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Unable to open Word after todays update?

1. Unable to open Word after todays update? - Similar Threads - Unable open Word

2. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  3. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  4. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  5. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Unable to open Excel or Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open Excel or Word: I am unable to open a specific Excel File or Excel or Word at all. It shows and error message -2147163890. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-excel-or-word/912bb6f2-25f4-4437-a264-0b964795513e
  7. After a huge update today - need An APP to open pictures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After a huge update today - need An APP to open pictures: My computer - Windows 10 did an automatic update this morning. Now, when I go to "Pictures' they come up okay BUT when I click on a picture, the message "APP WILL NOT START" comes up. How do I get the app? Did it have one before?? I am technically challenged so please keep...
  8. Unable to open Word document

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open Word document: Can any one help? I have a word document that I am unable to open. When I click on the document it comes up with 'unable to read this content, do you want to recover? However when I click yes it then comes up with 'word experienced an error '. I've searched multiple things to...
  9. Unable to open excel or word after a restore

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to open excel or word after a restore: Hello! I've had problems for last couple of days with duplicate drives appearing in the navigation window. After trying lots of things I decided to restore to before the last windows update. Everything seemed ok until I tried to open Excell, I get an error message "not...
  10. No restart after today's update

in Windows 10 Support
    No restart after today's update: Only spinning dots for 20 minutes now after restart because of update. Should I reset? Or? 71898