Windows 10: Unable to open Word docs or PowerPoint slides

Discus and support Unable to open Word docs or PowerPoint slides in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I try to open slides through PowerPoint or Word document I get a message that says "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by grdzhdz, Nov 26, 2018.

1. grdzhdz Win User

Unable to open Word docs or PowerPoint slides

Every time I try to open slides through PowerPoint or Word document I get a message that says "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor".

:)

grdzhdz, Nov 26, 2018
  2. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Unable to open Word docs or PowerPoint slides :)

jaydeee, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Jean G. Win User
    Unable to open PDF or Word docs

I'm suddenly unable to open pdf or word docs that are posted on a website that I access regularly. No error message. Just clocking and then a blank screen?

Jean G., Nov 26, 2018
  4. Unable to open Word docs or PowerPoint slides

Unable to open attachment (Word files) since I upgraded to windows 10

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I am unable to to preview Word Documents in my Outlook 2013. I am also unable to open Word Documents that have been emailed to me. This is something new that was not a problem prior to the upgrade.

• The error for the preview says: This file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for it.
    • Then when I go to open the Word Doc it says: Word experienced an error trying to open this file.
    Its not one document it is all Word documents that are sent to me. Documents that I was able to preview before and open before that are sitting in my Outlook I am unable to open now.

I need to fix this asap. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. The Fix ej-madison provided does work. (THANK YOU) It also works on Powerpoint and Excel, just follow the same steps.

Fix by ej-madison

Word - Options - Trust Center - Trust Center Settings... - Protected View - uncheck Enable Protected View for Outlook attachments. Once done I was able to double-click the Word attachment in Outlook.

THE REMAINING ISSUE: fixed

Previewer for Word, Excel or Powerpoint files not working > now fixed. Thank you for posting the exact steps PieterKappetein

This has now fixed my final problem.....

✿( ‿ )✿

I can now open files and use the previewer... YAY!! Thank you MS Community. You figured out what the MS Help Desk could not after 4 calls and a total of 8 hours of having them work on my computer... Bravo people!!! Thanks

MauraElosegui, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Unable to open Word docs or PowerPoint slides

1. Unable to open Word docs or PowerPoint slides - Similar Threads - Unable open Word

2. Unable to access Word or PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access Word or PowerPoint: Hi, I keep being unable to open PowerPoint or Word as this message comes up, is there a way of fixing this?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-word-or-powerpoint/db644509-a5d7-4e63-af39-4dcf38c8cda8
  3. Unable to access Word or PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access Word or PowerPoint: Hi, I keep being unable to open PowerPoint or Word as this message comes up, is there a way of fixing this?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-word-or-powerpoint/db644509-a5d7-4e63-af39-4dcf38c8cda8
  4. Powerpoint Slides Shuffle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powerpoint Slides Shuffle: Is it possible to shuffle slides in PowerPoint? I'm using PowerPoint as a photo slide show as all the pictures are from lots of different albums however I would like the order of slides shuffled.. there is over 1450 slides so manually shuffling one by one is not an option....
  5. Powerpoint Slides Shuffle

Powerpoint Slides Shuffle: Is it possible to shuffle slides in PowerPoint? I'm using PowerPoint as a photo slide show as all the pictures are from lots of different albums however I would like the order of slides shuffled.. there is over 1450 slides so manually shuffling one by one is not an option....
  6. Can't open a Word Doc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open a Word Doc.: Can't open a Word Doc saved less than 24 hours ago. The message I get is file is either deleted or not available at this time. I didn't delete it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-a-word-doc/6c951d89-266a-4331-853f-4c10aa286679
  7. opening a word doc

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening a word doc: since purchasing and installing Adobe, When I open a document in word i have about 3 signs coming up - eg: File not found: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/MACPDFM/MacPDFM.framework/Versions/A/MacPDFM How do I stop this?...
  8. I am unable to open word doc or create word docs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to open word doc or create word docs: I am unable top open any Docs at all- it is like I have never had Widows 10 that is the only program I have ever had on the computer how can I fix it please? All updates and security are done...
  9. how to open this doc as word doc?

how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...
  10. OneDrive and open Word docs

OneDrive and open Word docs: Okay, so I am using the native OneDrive app for my cloud storage. Now let's say I am working on a Word doc, (in Office 2016, i.e., I am using the regular desktop Office suite), and I have the doc open for a couple hours straight. In the course of that time, I make a lot of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to open word doc and says contact software vendor