Windows 10: unable to open word: error 0xc0000033

Discus and support unable to open word: error 0xc0000033 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Anytime I try to open an office application, a popup appears which reads: "WINWORD.EXE - Application Error. The application was unable to start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by c-renee, Oct 28, 2019.

1. c-renee Win User

unable to open word: error 0xc0000033

Hi,

Anytime I try to open an office application, a popup appears which reads: "WINWORD.EXE - Application Error. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000033). Click OK to close the application." I have been able to successfully use word (among other office applications) on this laptop previously without issue. However, physical damage occurred to my hard drive, and got it replaced professionally with an SSD. I did not opt for file restoration, so my computer was returned to me in a factory state except with a functional SSD in place of the previously-broken hard drive. Everything else on the computer works perfectly except I cannot access office applications at all. They are installed on the computer as they were when I first bought it, except I cannot open them in any way. I have to use word for my work and the limited online version does not suffice. What can I do?

Thanks unable to open word: error 0xc0000033 :)

:)

c-renee, Oct 28, 2019

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Unable to open Word document

Can any one help? I have a word document that I am unable to open. When I click on the document it comes up with 'unable to read this content, do you want to recover? However when I click yes it then comes up with 'word experienced an error '. I've searched
    multiple things to recover it and I just can't seem to open it.

Another problem is that the file type is classed as a short cut. If anyone has any suggestions or even some insight on what the blood hell I've done that'd be great.

RyanWalton2, Oct 28, 2019
  4. unable to open word: error 0xc0000033

Unable to open attachment (Word files) since I upgraded to windows 10

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I am unable to to preview Word Documents in my Outlook 2013. I am also unable to open Word Documents that have been emailed to me. This is something new that was not a problem prior to the upgrade.

• The error for the preview says: This file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for it.
    • Then when I go to open the Word Doc it says: Word experienced an error trying to open this file.
    Its not one document it is all Word documents that are sent to me. Documents that I was able to preview before and open before that are sitting in my Outlook I am unable to open now.

I need to fix this asap. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. The Fix ej-madison provided does work. (THANK YOU) It also works on Powerpoint and Excel, just follow the same steps.

Fix by ej-madison

Word - Options - Trust Center - Trust Center Settings... - Protected View - uncheck Enable Protected View for Outlook attachments. Once done I was able to double-click the Word attachment in Outlook.

THE REMAINING ISSUE: fixed

Previewer for Word, Excel or Powerpoint files not working > now fixed. Thank you for posting the exact steps PieterKappetein

This has now fixed my final problem.....

✿( ‿ )✿

I can now open files and use the previewer... YAY!! Thank you MS Community. You figured out what the MS Help Desk could not after 4 calls and a total of 8 hours of having them work on my computer... Bravo people!!! Thanks

MauraElosegui, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

unable to open word: error 0xc0000033

1. unable to open word: error 0xc0000033 - Similar Threads - unable open word

2. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  3. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  4. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  5. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Unable to open Word after todays update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open Word after todays update?: I am unable to open Word/Mail/Excel/PowerPoint/ etc... after todays update? Any suggestions? Office shows me logged in and up to date. It will not open through Office app or from toolbar or using shortcut. Only the Orange Office update box will show up and then the display...
  7. Unable to open Excel or Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open Excel or Word: I am unable to open a specific Excel File or Excel or Word at all. It shows and error message -2147163890. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-excel-or-word/912bb6f2-25f4-4437-a264-0b964795513e
  8. Unable to open Word document

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open Word document: Can any one help? I have a word document that I am unable to open. When I click on the document it comes up with 'unable to read this content, do you want to recover? However when I click yes it then comes up with 'word experienced an error '. I've searched multiple things to...
  9. Error opening MS Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error opening MS Word: I've just upgraded from W7to W10 today and have done some tweaks to the system regarding all those privacy issues. Now I've installed Ms Office and when wanting to open Word, I was greeted with this [img] error screen. Why is that? How should I configure my system? This...
  10. Unable to open excel or word after a restore

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to open excel or word after a restore: Hello! I've had problems for last couple of days with duplicate drives appearing in the navigation window. After trying lots of things I decided to restore to before the last windows update. Everything seemed ok until I tried to open Excell, I get an error message "not...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an error 0xc0000033 has occurred

2. 0xc0000033

3. Getting error Install failed. Please contact your software vendor. for Word Documents

4. error 0xc0000033 while launching applications,
  5. error 0xc0000033 while launching office applications