Windows 10: Unable to open wps files

Discus and support Unable to open wps files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new desktop with 64 bit Windows 10. It does not have MS Works installed as my Windows 7 did. Now I am not able to open wps files I saved with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jwiltsing, Nov 16, 2018.

1. jwiltsing Win User

Unable to open wps files

I have a new desktop with 64 bit Windows 10. It does not have MS Works installed as my Windows 7 did. Now I am not able to open wps files I saved with old computer. This is unacceptable !! Several years of work are unavailable to me. I can not find a solution online.

:)

jwiltsing, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Nov 16, 2018
  3. esmorax Win User
    Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Unable to open wps files [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Swapna S Win User

Unable to open wps files

Windows 10 - Unable to open many files, task manger, etc.

Hi Andrew,

I appreciate you for performing troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in accessing files, apps and task manager on your computer.

This issue might occur, if the system files are corrupt.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What kind of files you are unable to open?

• Which apps you are unable to open?

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing
      Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to
    create a new user account
    and check if that helps.

Refer to the Link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    in accessing files, apps and task manager on your computer.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Unable to open wps files

1. Unable to open wps files - Similar Threads - Unable open wps

2. Unable to open a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open a file: hello I am trying to open a file but it is telling the app or file cannot be opened and I have to have the right app to open. This is what it says Exporting+sql+query+results+into+flats+files. What do I need to download in other to open the file so I can use it in my...
  3. WPS attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    WPS attachments: How do I forward a received WPS attachment after amending it ? Can't find a "forward" icon/button. I only want to forward the attachment, not the email letter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wps-attachments/6279ceef-2ece-49b8-a8f6-6373dc039696
  4. Changing a wps file to microsoft

Changing a wps file to microsoft: Have a wps file I need to convert to a windows file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-wps-file-to-microsoft/cf68750d-8a7e-42ea-86a4-712800d464d6
  5. Unable to open files

Unable to open files: When I try to open Word or Excell files, I get an error message "access to xyz file denined. Can anyone help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-files/97e30e15-0bc5-4efd-8276-92f6e39e57e2"
  6. unable to open files

unable to open files: I have Embriliance Essential for Embroidery and all of a sudden I cannot open any of the files, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-files/31374ab5-5bd8-43ee-b0c4-1da4a5f61c9e"
  7. Setting for opening WPS files in Windows 10

Setting for opening WPS files in Windows 10: I have files made on WPS from 1998 and possibly earlier. My latest alteration to any of these was recorded as made on 20 May 2015. SSince some time after that, these files will only come up as symbols. None of the default settings offered will work. Please help! Alan...
  8. WPS to WORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    WPS to WORD: I have a new computer - Windows 10 - and I downloaded my document stuff from a flash drive-- no problem. I had always worked in Works but converted everything to Word or deleted it before transferring to the flash. However, today 1 item didn't convert and without thinking I...
  9. saving WPS documents to WPS CLOUD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    saving WPS documents to WPS CLOUD: Hi, I've been saving documents to wps where I am able to access them to print, download to my flashdrive, etc. no problem. Then a week ago I get a message pop up that I need to store my documents on Cloud. So I save my documents to cloud, but now when I drag and drop them to...
  10. WPS Office crashing upon opening

in Microsoft Office and 365
    WPS Office crashing upon opening: wps crash 2.txtwps crash.txt I use the paid version of wps office on my pc regularly but for around a month now it keeps crashing. The windows wings appears and says looking for solution but no solutions found. I attatched the event log for the last occurrence. Any advise...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WPS is opening and then closing files on its own on my PC

2. i was not able to open files in wps office what to do?

3. unable to open wps files

4. unable to open a wps file