Windows 10: Unable to open Xbox Game bar on windows 11

Discus and support Unable to open Xbox Game bar on windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is day 3 of me on windows 11 and I am still unable to open the Xbox game bar! I have literally tried EVERYTHING!! I have tried to repair and reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheEpikBoi, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Unable to open Xbox Game bar on windows 11

This is day 3 of me on windows 11 and I am still unable to open the Xbox game bar! I have literally tried EVERYTHING!! I have tried to repair and reset the app and no results. I pressed win+G sooo many times and even tried to open it from the start menu but it doesn't want to open. It worked fine when I was on windows 11. I have tried a million YT tutorials but still no results. I tried editing the group policy or something and a scan now command in the command prompt but still no results. I have even restarted my pc several time. Now this is my last hope please help me xbox game bar is my lif

:)

TheEpikBoi, Oct 8, 2021

2. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 8, 2021
  3. I can't customize my Xbox Game Bar like I used to do.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to see the Widget Menu with time clock and neither you can drag or move the widgets. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Xbox version installed on the PC? (Windows + I > Click on Apps > Apps & feature > scroll and look for Xbox Game bar > Advanced option)

Let us try a few steps and check.

Step 1: Reset App

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Xbox Game bar app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advancedoption.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2: Reinstall the App.

We would suggest you to open Microsoft Store and click on the Search Bar, then type Xbox Game Bar and install it. Also you may want to download it from

Online Microsoft Store

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 8, 2021
  4. xwray Win User

Unable to open Xbox Game bar on windows 11

Unable to remove xbox game bar which appeared after 1903 update?

Thanks for the suggestion but no joy. Here is what Power Shell says about it...

Unable to open Xbox Game bar on windows 11 [​IMG]

xwray, Oct 8, 2021
Thema:

Unable to open Xbox Game bar on windows 11

1. Unable to open Xbox Game bar on windows 11 - Similar Threads - Unable open Xbox

2. Xbox game bar not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar not opening: So I wanted to record a video with my friend but the Xbox gamebar wasn't opening I tried to open it in other ways hit didn't work. Cana Nyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/ffc020b9-ee9c-4393-90e2-dea650b9e98a
  3. Xbox game bar not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar not opening: So I wanted to record a video with my friend but the Xbox gamebar wasn't opening I tried to open it in other ways hit didn't work. Cana Nyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/ffc020b9-ee9c-4393-90e2-dea650b9e98a
  4. Xbox Game bar not opening

Xbox Game bar not opening: My Xbox game bar is not opening and it says "ms-gamingoverlay - You'll Need a New App to Open This MS Gaming Overlay" please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/2311a1e3-b2ea-4118-952d-98b972958c98
  5. Xbox Game bar not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar not opening: My Xbox game bar is not opening and it says "ms-gamingoverlay - You'll Need a New App to Open This MS Gaming Overlay" please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/2311a1e3-b2ea-4118-952d-98b972958c98
  6. Unable to open Xbox Game bar on windows 11

Unable to open Xbox Game bar on windows 11: This is day 3 of me on windows 11 and I am still unable to open the Xbox game bar! I have literally tried EVERYTHING!! I have tried to repair and reset the app and no results. I pressed win+G sooo many times and even tried to open it from the start menu but it doesn't want to...
  7. Xbox Game Bar not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game Bar not opening: Hi, I have installed windows 10 version 1909 two months ago. After one month, I updated Xbox Game Bar to version 5.721.9022.0. But after updating it won't start after pressing Win+G. So I have to open task manager and end task of Game Bar in background processes. But after...
  8. Xbox Game Bar not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar not opening: Hi, I have installed windows 10 version 1909 two months ago. After one month, I updated Xbox Game Bar to version 5.721.9022.0. But after updating it won't start after pressing Win+G. So I have to open task manager and end task of Game Bar in background processes. But after...
  9. Xbox Game Bar not opening

10. Xbox Game Bar not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game Bar not Opening: Hi, Whenever I try launch Xbox Game Bar, it doesn't do anything. If I search game bar in the search bar, I can click on the app repeatedly and nothing happens. When I enable it in Game DVR it turns itself off again. When I change the registry values "GameDVR_Enabled" and...