Windows 10: UNABLE TO OPERATE MY LAPTOP'S HDD IN MY DESKTOP WHILE BOTH HAVE SAME RAM AND SAME WINDOWS...

Discus and support UNABLE TO OPERATE MY LAPTOP'S HDD IN MY DESKTOP WHILE BOTH HAVE SAME RAM AND SAME WINDOWS... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; MY LENOVO G 50 80 LAPTOP IS DEAD AND I WANT TO USE ITS HARD DRIVE IN MY DESKTOP AS IT HAS MANY IMPORTANT FILES IN IT... I TRIED TO OPERATE IT AND... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArySoni, Aug 4, 2019.

1. ArySoni Win User

UNABLE TO OPERATE MY LAPTOP'S HDD IN MY DESKTOP WHILE BOTH HAVE SAME RAM AND SAME WINDOWS...

MY LENOVO G 50 80 LAPTOP IS DEAD AND I WANT TO USE ITS HARD DRIVE IN MY DESKTOP AS IT HAS MANY IMPORTANT FILES IN IT... I TRIED TO OPERATE IT AND PLUGGED BOTH SATA WIRES 100% CORRECTLY... MY HARD DRIVE IS OF 1 TB... AND IT IS PROTECTED WITH HDD PASSWORD. I AM UNABLE TO OPERATE IT IN MY DESKTOP ON BOOT IT SAYS "BOOT FAILURE" BUT WHEN I SAW THE BIOS MENU .. MY HARD DRIVE IS SHOWN THERE .. I AM 100% SURE THAT IT IS 100% FUNCTIONABLE..... BUT IT IS NOT OPERATING THERE... ALSO WHEN MY DESKTOP'S HDD AND MY LAPTOP'S HDD BOTH ARE PLUGGED ..MY DESKTOP HDD WORKS ONLY AND IN DRIVE MANAGER IT SHOW UNALLOCATED WRITTEN OVER THERE AT PLACE OF MY LAPTOP'S DRIVE... ALSO, I HAVE TRIED TO OPERATE IT SINGULARLY BUT NOTING WORKED...
    I AM REALLY IN A CRITICAL SITUATION .. MY ALL WORKING FILES ARE IN MY THAT DRIVE ONLY .. AND NOW I AM IN GREAT TROUBLE ... KINDLY HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...

:)

ArySoni, Aug 4, 2019
  2. ArySoni Win User

UNABLE TO OPERATE MY LAPTOP'S HDD IN MY DESKTOP WHILE BOTH HAVE SAME RAM AND SAME WINDOWS {WINDOWS 10 PRO}

MY LENOVO G 50 80 LAPTOP IS DEAD AND I WANT TO USE ITS HARD DRIVE IN MY DESKTOP AS IT HAS MANY IMPORTANT FILES IN IT... I TRIED TO OPERATE IT AND PLUGGED BOTH SATA WIRES 100% CORRECTLY... MY HARD DRIVE IS OF 1 TB... AND IT IS PROTECTED WITH HDD PASSWORD.
    I AM UNABLE TO OPERATE IT IN MY DESKTOP ON BOOT IT SAYS "BOOT FAILURE" BUT WHEN I SAW THE BIOS MENU .. MY HARD DRIVE IS SHOWN THERE .. I AM 100% SURE THAT IT IS 100% FUNCTIONABLE..... BUT IT IS NOT OPERATING THERE... ALSO WHEN MY DESKTOP'S HDD AND MY LAPTOP'S
    HDD BOTH ARE PLUGGED ..MY DESKTOP HDD WORKS ONLY AND IN DRIVE MANAGER IT SHOW UNALLOCATED WRITTEN OVER THERE AT PLACE OF MY LAPTOP'S DRIVE... ALSO, I HAVE TRIED TO OPERATE IT SINGULARLY BUT NOTING WORKED...

I AM REALLY IN A CRITICAL SITUATION .. MY ALL WORKING FILES ARE IN MY THAT DRIVE ONLY .. AND NOW I AM IN GREAT TROUBLE ... KINDLY HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...

ArySoni, Oct 1, 2019
  3. sheps999 Win User
    Which is faster: laptop or desktop HDD?

Desktop HDD is 80GB, laptop is 120GB

Desktop is likely two platters (quite old), and the laptop one is probably two as well.

Ultra DMA 5

Desktop HDD is a WD800BB, laptop is a WD1200BEVS, if that helps.

sheps999, Oct 1, 2019
  4. suraswami Win User

UNABLE TO OPERATE MY LAPTOP'S HDD IN MY DESKTOP WHILE BOTH HAVE SAME RAM AND SAME WINDOWS...

Laptop or Desktop for Music production?

My brother's BIL is into music composition and audition etc. He is looking to buy a new system (or build one). He was asking me if a Laptop will suffice for recording his compositions with good quality audio and video. He was looking to buy a i5 or i7 based Quad core + dedicated graphics powered laptop (with 8GB ram + 500GB Hdd). I suggested to build a Desktop powered with i5/i7 + dedicated grarphics and buy a real good $100 sound card and good headset. May be go little cheaper and build a AMD Quad/Hex based desktop.

Is a Laptop good enough or desktop is better?

If laptop suggest me few good ones. Looking for a mid-range priced ones (about $800).

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. UNABLE TO OPERATE MY LAPTOP'S HDD IN MY DESKTOP WHILE BOTH HAVE SAME RAM AND SAME WINDOWS... - Similar Threads - UNABLE OPERATE LAPTOP'S

2. if I have a HDD and SSD and they both have operating system, would it corrupt both if I use...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    if I have a HDD and SSD and they both have operating system, would it corrupt both if I use...: THANKYOU IN ADVANCE WHO'S GOING TO ANSWER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-have-a-hdd-and-ssd-and-they-both-have/44bb00d8-4293-44f5-a52d-c680fa053e15"
  3. What happens we both have the same microsoft account in two laptops?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What happens we both have the same microsoft account in two laptops?: Hello, so i gave my other laptop to my aunt, and I have some personal informations, accounts and files at my current laptop and I already removed everything in my previous laptop except for the microsoft account. Will she be able to access my personal informations, facebook...
  4. I have the same issue on my PC laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have the same issue on my PC laptop: please see the following link, it shows exactly what I'm dealing with. When I restarted my laptop it wasn't for any update, my hard drive only had around 15gb left. And to add extra details about my system, my RAM had been upgraded to the highest capacity....
  5. My ASUS laptop is constantly repeating the same message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My ASUS laptop is constantly repeating the same message: Hello, My asus laptop is stuck repeating “reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key”. I have been told to hold down fn+f9 for about 10 seconds however this does not do anything... can someobe please give me a way to...
  6. Its weird but both labtop and all in one have same backround

in Windows 10 Support
    Its weird but both labtop and all in one have same backround: So i just downloaded this free program called OceanAudio i happen to go on my second computer which is an all in one and it has the same backround as my dell g3 labtop but this has happend in the past aswell anybody have answers? [img] 120525
  7. Why is my desktop computer's background image the same as my other desktop computer's...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my desktop computer's background image the same as my other desktop computer's...: Hello, I noticed today that my living room computer's desktop background is the same as my bedroom computer's background. How was the background able to change without me giving it permission? How does my living room computer have access to my other computer? . I had an...
  8. I’d like my user folder to have the same name as my username.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I’d like my user folder to have the same name as my username.: Ok here is my dilemma. It may not be a dilemma at all so I’m looking to understand. I usually sign in with my Microsoft account on all PCs. This creates a user folder with the name klepp for whatever reason. My username as per here ^ is . I’m trying to determine what...
  9. Restore HDD, after copy all my folders have the same date

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore HDD, after copy all my folders have the same date: I have a new system. And I used my old hdd to copy my library (pictures etc). All my files kept the right date. But all my folders: date modified, date created are all the same date. *Mad Would have that happened if I would have made a backup and restore with macrium? And...
  10. Licenses Serial Numbers are the same in desktop and Laptop!

in Windows 10 Support
    Licenses Serial Numbers are the same in desktop and Laptop!: I ran portable program Speccy (Piriform Speccy) to check my system temperature like cpu and hard drives etc.... I'm seeing operating system windows 10 serial numbers in my desktop and laptop showing exactly the same. Is it normal?... I had separated license for each computer...