Windows 10: UNABLE TO OPERATE MY LAPTOP'S HDD IN MY DESKTOP WHILE BOTH HAVE SAME RAM AND SAME WINDOWS...

Discus and support UNABLE TO OPERATE MY LAPTOP'S HDD IN MY DESKTOP WHILE BOTH HAVE SAME RAM AND SAME WINDOWS... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; MY LENOVO G 50 80 LAPTOP IS DEAD AND I WANT TO USE ITS HARD DRIVE IN MY DESKTOP AS IT HAS MANY IMPORTANT FILES IN IT... I TRIED TO OPERATE IT AND... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArySoni, Aug 4, 2019.

1. ArySoni Win User

UNABLE TO OPERATE MY LAPTOP'S HDD IN MY DESKTOP WHILE BOTH HAVE SAME RAM AND SAME WINDOWS...

MY LENOVO G 50 80 LAPTOP IS DEAD AND I WANT TO USE ITS HARD DRIVE IN MY DESKTOP AS IT HAS MANY IMPORTANT FILES IN IT... I TRIED TO OPERATE IT AND PLUGGED BOTH SATA WIRES 100% CORRECTLY... MY HARD DRIVE IS OF 1 TB... AND IT IS PROTECTED WITH HDD PASSWORD. I AM UNABLE TO OPERATE IT IN MY DESKTOP ON BOOT IT SAYS "BOOT FAILURE" BUT WHEN I SAW THE BIOS MENU .. MY HARD DRIVE IS SHOWN THERE .. I AM 100% SURE THAT IT IS 100% FUNCTIONABLE..... BUT IT IS NOT OPERATING THERE... ALSO WHEN MY DESKTOP'S HDD AND MY LAPTOP'S HDD BOTH ARE PLUGGED ..MY DESKTOP HDD WORKS ONLY AND IN DRIVE MANAGER IT SHOW UNALLOCATED WRITTEN OVER THERE AT PLACE OF MY LAPTOP'S DRIVE... ALSO, I HAVE TRIED TO OPERATE IT SINGULARLY BUT NOTING WORKED...
    I AM REALLY IN A CRITICAL SITUATION .. MY ALL WORKING FILES ARE IN MY THAT DRIVE ONLY .. AND NOW I AM IN GREAT TROUBLE ... KINDLY HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...

:)

ArySoni, Aug 4, 2019
  2. ArySoni Win User

UNABLE TO OPERATE MY LAPTOP'S HDD IN MY DESKTOP WHILE BOTH HAVE SAME RAM AND SAME WINDOWS {WINDOWS 10 PRO}

MY LENOVO G 50 80 LAPTOP IS DEAD AND I WANT TO USE ITS HARD DRIVE IN MY DESKTOP AS IT HAS MANY IMPORTANT FILES IN IT... I TRIED TO OPERATE IT AND PLUGGED BOTH SATA WIRES 100% CORRECTLY... MY HARD DRIVE IS OF 1 TB... AND IT IS PROTECTED WITH HDD PASSWORD.
    I AM UNABLE TO OPERATE IT IN MY DESKTOP ON BOOT IT SAYS "BOOT FAILURE" BUT WHEN I SAW THE BIOS MENU .. MY HARD DRIVE IS SHOWN THERE .. I AM 100% SURE THAT IT IS 100% FUNCTIONABLE..... BUT IT IS NOT OPERATING THERE... ALSO WHEN MY DESKTOP'S HDD AND MY LAPTOP'S
    HDD BOTH ARE PLUGGED ..MY DESKTOP HDD WORKS ONLY AND IN DRIVE MANAGER IT SHOW UNALLOCATED WRITTEN OVER THERE AT PLACE OF MY LAPTOP'S DRIVE... ALSO, I HAVE TRIED TO OPERATE IT SINGULARLY BUT NOTING WORKED...

I AM REALLY IN A CRITICAL SITUATION .. MY ALL WORKING FILES ARE IN MY THAT DRIVE ONLY .. AND NOW I AM IN GREAT TROUBLE ... KINDLY HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...

ArySoni, Oct 1, 2019
  3. sheps999 Win User
    Which is faster: laptop or desktop HDD?

Desktop HDD is 80GB, laptop is 120GB

Desktop is likely two platters (quite old), and the laptop one is probably two as well.

Ultra DMA 5

Desktop HDD is a WD800BB, laptop is a WD1200BEVS, if that helps.

sheps999, Oct 1, 2019
  4. suraswami Win User

UNABLE TO OPERATE MY LAPTOP'S HDD IN MY DESKTOP WHILE BOTH HAVE SAME RAM AND SAME WINDOWS...

Laptop or Desktop for Music production?

My brother's BIL is into music composition and audition etc. He is looking to buy a new system (or build one). He was asking me if a Laptop will suffice for recording his compositions with good quality audio and video. He was looking to buy a i5 or i7 based Quad core + dedicated graphics powered laptop (with 8GB ram + 500GB Hdd). I suggested to build a Desktop powered with i5/i7 + dedicated grarphics and buy a real good $100 sound card and good headset. May be go little cheaper and build a AMD Quad/Hex based desktop.

Is a Laptop good enough or desktop is better?

If laptop suggest me few good ones. Looking for a mid-range priced ones (about $800).

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. UNABLE TO OPERATE MY LAPTOP'S HDD IN MY DESKTOP WHILE BOTH HAVE SAME RAM AND SAME WINDOWS... - Similar Threads - UNABLE OPERATE LAPTOP'S

2. desktop and pictures folders both named "pictures" and have the same files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    desktop and pictures folders both named "pictures" and have the same files: I moved some filfers to my d drive yesterday, two of which were my desktop and pictures folders. Since then i moved them back to the c drive, but now both are named "pictures" and contain the same files the desktop files and i don't know how to change them back!...
  3. desktop and pictures folders both named "pictures" and have the same files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop and pictures folders both named "pictures" and have the same files: I moved some filfers to my d drive yesterday, two of which were my desktop and pictures folders. Since then i moved them back to the c drive, but now both are named "pictures" and contain the same files the desktop files and i don't know how to change them back!...
  4. desktop and pictures folders both named "pictures" and have the same files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Both windows are opening same windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both windows are opening same windows: I had two windows installed. Now I have installed ubuntu also. Now there are two windows option after booting, but both are opening the same windows. What should I do to open the other one . Thank you in advance...
  6. Both windows are opening same windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both windows are opening same windows: I had two windows installed. Now I have installed ubuntu also. Now there are two windows option after booting, but both are opening the same windows. What should I do to open the other one . Thank you in advance...
  7. 2 computers, do both have to have the same version of windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 computers, do both have to have the same version of windows?: I have 2 computers,1 desk top and 1 laptop and they share files. The laptop is compatible to windows 11 but not the desk top yet, it will need some work in the future. Does both computers need to be on the same version of windows to share files stored in the cloud or not?...
  8. Using a laptop on the same network as a desktop using same credentials.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using a laptop on the same network as a desktop using same credentials.: I am trying to connect to access files on my desktop using my laptop on the same network with both pc's using the same microsoft account but, when I try to connect it asks me to enter user credentials to connect. That's the microsoft account I am using on the other pc right?...
  9. System reserved on the same drive as my HDD ???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System reserved on the same drive as my HDD ???: Started doing some cleaning and guttering of the system today and found that my HDD which is just used for mass junk storage like movies, Shadowplay recordings etc etc has 2 drive letters assigned to it.. And thought thats weird. then looked in dis management and seen that it...
  10. I have the same issue on my PC laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have the same issue on my PC laptop: please see the following link, it shows exactly what I'm dealing with. When I restarted my laptop it wasn't for any update, my hard drive only had around 15gb left. And to add extra details about my system, my RAM had been upgraded to the highest capacity....