Windows 10: Unable to pair bluetooth pen

Discus and support Unable to pair bluetooth pen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a pen with a top button, and two side buttons. I changed the battery. I am unable to pair the device through Bluetooth. Any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KarlGrover, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Unable to pair bluetooth pen

I have a pen with a top button, and two side buttons.

I changed the battery.

I am unable to pair the device through Bluetooth.

Any suggestions?

***Original title: pen won't work***

:)

KarlGrover, Sep 25, 2019

2. Using Bluetooth with digital pen

I have not used the pen for a while and now it won't ink.

Checked that the batteries are fine

Checked that I have all updates

Checked that Bluetooth is switched on in settings

Checked that pen is paired

BUT the Bluetooth tile in the notifications panel, says not connected

Any suggestions?

SamHarding2, Sep 25, 2019
  3. SP2 pen does not function after installing win10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you, I will certainly help you with this issue.

You can try the following methods:

Method: 1

Check if the windows update is completely installed.

If not install the failed updates.

Method: 2

Pair Surface Pen manually:

Your pen might not be paired with Surface, or you may need to remove the pen from your list of
    Bluetooth devices and re-pair it with Surface.

Follow the steps to pair pen manually:

• Go to Start , and select Settings >
      Devices > Bluetooth
    • Make sure Bluetooth is on.
    • If Surface Pen appears in the list of
      Bluetooth devices, select it, and select Remove device.
    • Hold down the top button for seven seconds, until the light in the middle of the pen clip starts to flash
    • When the pen appears in the list of Bluetooth devices, select it, and select
      Pair.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Unable to pair bluetooth pen

Bluetooth does not Recognize/Pair/See Bluetooth Hardware

System Information: Asus Notebook UX303L, Windows 10, Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition

Okay, I've been working on this for awhile and have tried a million things. I'm going back to square one so pretend I haven't tried anything yet.

Here is the problem.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 (from windows 8.1) on a 2 month old laptop. On previous version there were NO problems with bluetooth. The problems started immediately after upgrade.

When the upgrade finished Windows 10 remembered all of my previous Bluetooth pairs. My bluetooth mouse (Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition) worked before the installation but after my system reboot the cursor no longer showed movement. The batteries are new. The mouse is acting exactly like it does when it is properly connected (lights flash, makes scrolling sounds, etc). When I checked the Bluetooth device screen it still showed as paired. I rebooted. No change. So I unpaired the device. When I unpaired the device it flashed for a second as a possible device to pair with and then was no longer on the list. Other possible devices to pair with appear and disappear from the list without cause. (Ex. sees a scanner for a few seconds then no longer has a scanner. Sometimes its up for a few minutes at most but the list is constantly flickering.) So I rebooted. Then it did not see the mouse at all. I did this for several days. Sometimes when I would turn on my laptop it would flicker, sometimes it would not. After about 3 days with no explanation it suddenly showed up and did not flicker. I connected the mouse and it worked for about 2 days. On the 3rd day I tried again, and the cursor would no longer respond even though the mouse was acting exactly the same. I rebooted. No change. I unpaired the device and it never showed up on the list. It's flickered a few times but when I click on it to pair it pops up with an error basically saying "cannot pair. Please check and see if the device is still set to connect to bluetooth." That is only on the rare occasion that it actually shows up on the list long enough to hit pair (maybe 2 times out of 50 attempts or more.)

I've tried everything I can think of, but I'd like to try everything in order that someone else would try to see if I'm missing something.

It is a Microsoft mouse by all means it should work on Microsoft drivers. :/ Arg. Please give any suggestions to help.

tashaestein1, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Unable to pair bluetooth pen

1. Unable to pair bluetooth pen - Similar Threads - Unable pair bluetooth

2. Bluetooth pairing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth pairing: I cannot pair my phone in my Acer Predator laptop, the headset works fine when pairing with my phone I think the problem lies with my Acer predator, I just update it yesterday to windows 11 when i check the driver there is an errro code 45...
  3. Bluetooth pairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth pairing: Since yesterdays update I can pair my Jabra headset, it works flawlessly with my Iphone but it disconnect with my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-pairing/a04f165d-f389-4feb-93cb-c42d232665da
  4. Bluetooth devices being paired but unable to connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth devices being paired but unable to connect: After upgrading to Windows 10, I am not able to connect any Bluetooth device. They just connect for a moment and then get disonnected. Tried all the basic troubleshooters and installed the drivers from the hp website. System model is HP envy 15-u011dx x360 convertible pc...
  5. Unable to connect to paired bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to connect to paired bluetooth device.: I have headphones that works on other computers. I installed all available updates with windows and vendor-specific tool. I can pair the device, but no option to connect is shown afterward. There is only one button to remove the device. I would like to also connect...
  6. Bluetooth Earbuds unable to pair

Bluetooth Earbuds unable to pair: Hello! I have Raycon E50 bluetooth earbuds, and they are not pairing with my HP Envy 360x computer. When I put my earbuds in pairing mode and bring up the bluetooth menu on my laptop, they come up as an option for connecting. When I click on them, the menu just says...
  7. Unable to pair the bluetooth device

Unable to pair the bluetooth device: Hello, I have problems connecting Bluetooth devices to my PC. The bluetooth worked about 3 weeks ago and stopped working about 3 days. Anyway, I am quite convinced that the new driver broke down with an update. The bluetooth, from all external appearances, seems to be...
  8. Bluetooth speaker has paired but unable to connect

Bluetooth speaker has paired but unable to connect: i have tried to restart the Bluetooth service but nothing is working.........what should i do?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-speaker-has-paired-but-unable-to-connect/d1ba64ac-b415-41a1-acb8-71017df23d43
  9. Unable to pair Bluetooth headset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to pair Bluetooth headset: Hello everyone, So i've bought this Skullcandy Hesh 2 wireless headset and there seems to be a problem I can't get it to connect properly to my laptop. It's an ASUS notebook. I made sure every driver is up to date I've contacted the company to mention them about it....
  10. Unable to pair bluetooth device

Unable to pair bluetooth device: Hello, I am having issues connecting bluetooth devices to my PC. The bluetooth was a working about 3 weeks ago and stopped working about 3 days after my service plan with dell ran out...suspicious. Anyway, I'm pretty well convinced that the new driver broke it (because...