Windows 10: unable to pause update

Discus and support unable to pause update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am not really sure what happened. Im unable to pause updates, I can't seem to fix it in any ways I've found in Google.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by _hanseonwoo, Jul 4, 2022.

1. unable to pause update

I am not really sure what happened. Im unable to pause updates, I can't seem to fix it in any ways I've found in Google.

:)

_hanseonwoo, Jul 4, 2022

2. Windows Update/Problems Pausing Updates

HI Larry,

With Windows 10, you have the option to plan updates around your busy schedule or pause them. We suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to schedule updates in Windows 10.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jul 4, 2022
  3. RichSH56 Win User
    My Windows 10 dose not have UPDATE PAUSE

I can go through all steps to pause updates , but , pause update step dose not appear. There is no pause update when searching either.

RichSH56, Jul 4, 2022
  4. Hesed3 Win User

unable to pause update

Update Pause

Got it. But it is a bit confusing. At the top it said Check for Updates and when I clicked that it searched and found the Update but said something like can’t do it now because Pause is set and down further it said Resume Update
    . When I went to Settings Advanced I was offered a choice of a bunch of dates, but not a Cancel Pause.
    I think the message on the Update page would be clearer if the button said
    Remove (or Cancel) Pause. Resume Update suggests that you have canceled updates , not paused them .

Hesed3, Jul 4, 2022
Thema:

unable to pause update

1. unable to pause update - Similar Threads - unable pause update

2. unable to pause update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to pause update: I am not really sure what happened. Im unable to pause updates, I can't seem to fix it in any ways I've found in Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-pause-update/bc827dfa-2bc7-443b-87ba-c34404cd064e
  3. unable to pause update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to pause update: I am not really sure what happened. Im unable to pause updates, I can't seem to fix it in any ways I've found in Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-pause-update/bc827dfa-2bc7-443b-87ba-c34404cd064e
  4. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  5. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  6. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Update Pause

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update Pause: How do I cancel or de select and update pause https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-pause/9c8a032f-07d5-4bcb-952f-6a15477088d4
  8. Pause Updates Not Pausing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354
  9. Windows 10 Pro - unable to reschedule or pause updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro - unable to reschedule or pause updates: Hi, I have a brand new installation of Windows 10 Professional, which is up to date with the 1810 update. When I go to Settings/Update & Security/Windows Update/Advanced Options, the option to reschedule or pause a Windows Update is simply not there. I have searched on...
  10. Pausing updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pausing updates: First the question, then the background. I'm on Windows 10, build 1703, kb15063.786. I turned on the Pause update option. What exactly will this stop? Namely, will this prevent build 1709 from downloading and updating, and for how long? The background: I was on...