Windows 10: Unable to perform a fresh install on Surface Pro Laptop

Discus and support Unable to perform a fresh install on Surface Pro Laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I bought a surface pro laptop from craigslist and the person before handing the laptop over said that I just need a windows bootable USB drive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChampakLal, May 21, 2022.

1. Unable to perform a fresh install on Surface Pro Laptop

Hello,I bought a surface pro laptop from craigslist and the person before handing the laptop over said that I just need a windows bootable USB drive to install windows on the tablet. So I bought a license and created a USB bootable drive. It installs fine but then after install it takes me to an enterprise logon page and I don't know what to do with that? This clearly seems like an old corporate laptop. I've tried to delete all the different HDDs during the install, format and then install but it still takes me to the enterprise login page.Any idea how I can get around it please?Thanks,Champak

:)

ChampakLal, May 21, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, May 21, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Unable to perform a fresh install on Surface Pro Laptop :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, May 21, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Unable to perform a fresh install on Surface Pro Laptop

Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Source: Announcing availability of the Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, May 21, 2022
Thema:

Unable to perform a fresh install on Surface Pro Laptop

1. Unable to perform a fresh install on Surface Pro Laptop - Similar Threads - Unable perform fresh

2. Unable to perform a fresh install on Surface Pro Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to perform a fresh install on Surface Pro Laptop: Hello,I bought a surface pro laptop from craigslist and the person before handing the laptop over said that I just need a windows bootable USB drive to install windows on the tablet. So I bought a license and created a USB bootable drive. It installs fine but then after...
  3. Windows 11 Fresh Install Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Surface Pro 8: Okay this is frustrating.Side Note: I tried to upgrade a new Surface Pro 8 preinstalled with Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Professional through the Windows Store and it failed with a message like "this failed." I reboot the Surface Pro 8 and now it is Enterprise Edition --...
  4. Windows 11 Fresh Install Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Surface Pro 8: Okay this is frustrating.Side Note: I tried to upgrade a new Surface Pro 8 preinstalled with Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Professional through the Windows Store and it failed with a message like "this failed." I reboot the Surface Pro 8 and now it is Enterprise Edition --...
  5. Unable to fresh install windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to fresh install windows: I am trying to complete a fresh install of Windows. I have tried several times now using different options in the recovery settings and i have also tried using the installation media on a USB several times. It completes and then goes to restart. I then get a blue screen...
  6. Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - How to do a fresh install for windows OS ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - How to do a fresh install for windows OS ?: I have purchased a used Surface Pro 3 from my company which does not have any operating system installed. What are my options? what operating system would be ideal for this machine?. Thanks, B.S....
  7. Unable to perform fresh install of windows 10

Unable to perform fresh install of windows 10: My HP Pavillion 510-127c desktop failed to boot sometime back. Installed a new hard drive, created a Windows 10 media on a USB stick and started to install windows 10. The installation seems to go through different steps smoothly including installation 100% completed, getting...
  8. Surface 3 Laptop or Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface 3 Laptop or Surface Pro 7: So I am looking to upgrade my Surface pro 4 to either the Surface pro 7 or the Surface 3 laptop. Now I play Sims 4 on my pro 4 and was just wondering between the 3 laptop and pro 7 which would be better to play sims 4 on? I will also be using it for school work mostly but I...
  9. unable to fresh install-help!

unable to fresh install-help!: I have a Dell Inspiron 17R 5720 laptop. It had 8.1 on it. It was upgraded to Win10, used one day, then crashed, and unable to boot. When handed to me for inspection, I found the partitions were all kinds of messed up. After several attempts to straighten them out, we decided...
  10. Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop: We are pleased to announce that today we’ve released new versions of the Surface Tools for IT Pros with support for the new Surface Pro and Surface Laptop. This update includes new versions of the Surface Enterprise Management Mode (SEMM) tools Surface UEFI Configurator and...