Windows 10: Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install

Discus and support Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Because my PC has many issues I want to do a clean install. However, I am having the following issue. When I go to start the install to my PC C drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dlfetters48, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install

Because my PC has many issues I want to do a clean install. However, I am having the following issue. When I go to start the install to my PC C drive, I get this error message. "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks onEFI systems." BIOS Mode Legacy. Is there a Registry change that I can do to convince the Windows 10 installation that my PC has a Legacy BIOS and is not UEFI or EFI?

Thank You

:)

dlfetters48, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install

1. Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install - Similar Threads - Unable perform Clean

2. Unable to perform a clean Windows 11 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to perform a clean Windows 11 installation: HelloRecently I decided to perform a clean Windows 11 installation on my PC by created installation media on USB drive. I have done this before on my PC and I have never expierenced any issues, but this time it seems impossible to perform this installation.I created this...
  3. Unable to perform a clean Windows 11 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to perform a clean Windows 11 installation: HelloRecently I decided to perform a clean Windows 11 installation on my PC by created installation media on USB drive. I have done this before on my PC and I have never expierenced any issues, but this time it seems impossible to perform this installation.I created this...
  4. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to perform a clean install?: Over the past several months, I have been performing a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell OptiPlex 3070, but it doesn't seem to completely uninstall then install Windows, as the problems never go away. First it was Media Player, which has 2 different issues....
  5. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to perform a clean install?: Over the past several months, I have been performing a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell OptiPlex 3070, but it doesn't seem to completely uninstall then install Windows, as the problems never go away. First it was Media Player, which has 2 different issues....
  6. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable To Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable To Clean Install: pretty sure my computer is remote access hacked and I cant clean install , I have most permissions except the important ones such as deleting specific system 32 folders and more , I tried to clean install and it just goes back to the same setup I have now , there is a ton of...
  8. Unable to clean install windows 10?

Unable to clean install windows 10?: I'll start from the beginning. I just built my computer, and i used 2 hard drives, one fresh, and one from my old computer with windows 8.1. I decided to upgrade to windows 10, but when i did so i had extreme issues with my computer Blue screen of death, start menu...
  9. Unable to perform fresh install of windows 10

Unable to perform fresh install of windows 10: My HP Pavillion 510-127c desktop failed to boot sometime back. Installed a new hard drive, created a Windows 10 media on a USB stick and started to install windows 10. The installation seems to go through different steps smoothly including installation 100% completed, getting...
  10. Unable perform clean installation, Windows 10, Error message: Drive Locked.

Unable perform clean installation, Windows 10, Error message: Drive Locked.: I want to do a "clean install" of W10 from disk on my new T5820. 1. I tried to do so after setting the firmware to "Legacy" and selecting SATA AHCI. The install seemed to be going normally until I got to the "100%" indication and got a message about "TPM". It said...