Windows 10: Unable to perform any administrative tasks in my computer though I am basically admin user

Discus and support Unable to perform any administrative tasks in my computer though I am basically admin user in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Team, Hope you are doing well. I am by default admin to my PC. However, I am unable to run any administrative tasks. Please help me resolve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PravinR P, May 27, 2020.

1. PravinR P Win User

Unable to perform any administrative tasks in my computer though I am basically admin user

Hello Team,

Hope you are doing well.

I am by default admin to my PC. However, I am unable to run any administrative tasks. Please help me resolve the issue.

Unable to perform below tasks:

1Install or uninstall any applicationapplication gets struck

2Unable to open cmd prompt as administratorCmd is not opening only

3Unable to open environment variables

4Unable to launch any application from Windows

I am unable to take even screenshots also as snipping tool is not launching.

Recently, Some software update was done automatically. I suspect that would have caused the issue. Can you please help me?

Thanks.

:)

PravinR P, May 27, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to perform admin tasks after converting Admin account to Standard user

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that after making your Admin account as a Standard user account, you are unable to perform any task that requires admin access. We would like to inform you that if we make an Admin account as a Standard account, we would not be able to
    perform Admin tasks, to do so we will need permission from the Admin account.

As you have mentioned that, you have another Admin account on the computer, we can use the other account to change the account type of your account. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to the computer using the second account.
    2. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    3. Type netplwiz and click on
      OK
    4. Now, double click on your user account and click on
      Group Membership tab.
    5. Select Administrator and click on
      OK (Twice).

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 27, 2020
  3. My ID Is An Admin, But I cannot perform Admin functions

Hi Michael,

I realize that you are unable to perform some admin functions on the pc even though you have logged in to the pc as admin. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the error message you get while trying to perform admin functions?

If your current user account is not an admin account then using the built in admin account you can change the current user account into admin account. Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel. Click on User account to see if your user account
    is set as admin or standard.

An administrator account is a user account that lets you make changes that will affect other users. Administrators can change security settings, install software and hardware, and access all files on the computer. Administrators can also make changes
    to other user accounts.

If your current user account is set as admin then follow these steps to disable the built in admin account.

Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces).

Once this is done the built in admin account is disabled.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 27, 2020
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

Unable to perform any administrative tasks in my computer though I am basically admin user

Health & Performance Report Not Available on 2 user accounts except the administrator's account in the laptop has Health Report

We appreciate your time responding back to us. At this point, we would suggest that you access the built-in Administrator account to and check if you would be able to perform a Health Check from it. Here are the steps on how to enable the built-in Administrator
    Account:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the net user administrator /active:yes and hit
      Enter

After completing these steps, you should see a message that you've done the command completed successfully. Sign out from your current user profile and you'll see the Administrator account as one of the choices.

Let us know if you would be able to perform a system health check on your account and we'll assist you with the next steps needed.

Once you're successful with performing a health check on the Administrator account, we would suggest that you disable it from your personal user profile by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the net user administrator /active:no and hit Enter.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further.

Jaune Bel, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to perform any administrative tasks in my computer though I am basically admin user - Similar Threads - Unable perform administrative

2. My laptop is showing blank screen and i am unable to perform any task.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is showing blank screen and i am unable to perform any task.: I have restarted, switched on and off - still my laptop shows a blank screen and i am unable to do any task. Even to shut down i need to press clt + alt + dlt. When i shut down it shows Task Host stopping background task.Can anyone help me please?...
  3. My laptop is showing blank screen and i am unable to perform any task.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is showing blank screen and i am unable to perform any task.: I have restarted, switched on and off - still my laptop shows a blank screen and i am unable to do any task. Even to shut down i need to press clt + alt + dlt. When i shut down it shows Task Host stopping background task.Can anyone help me please?...
  4. My laptop is showing blank screen and i am unable to perform any task.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I accidentally deleted my administration privilege. I am now unable to perform any more...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my administration privilege. I am now unable to perform any more...: I accidentally deleted my administration privilege. I am now unable to perform any more drastic action. how do i get this authorization back?...
  6. I accidentally deleted my administration privilege. I am now unable to perform any more...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted my administration privilege. I am now unable to perform any more...: I accidentally deleted my administration privilege. I am now unable to perform any more drastic action. how do i get this authorization back?...
  7. Forgot admin password and unable to download software or perform any maintenance tasks and...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot admin password and unable to download software or perform any maintenance tasks and...: I purchased a Dell laptop for my daughter and created a standard user account for her to use, and I set up an admin account to login to her computer. I stopped logging to the device for a while and I forgot the admin password. The admin account was set up using my Microsoft...
  8. Blue Screen&Computer freezing unable to perform any task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen&Computer freezing unable to perform any task: So am experiencing a blue screen with my brand new asus laptop I just got a few months ago. The window is pre-installed. I already run a startup setting using Safe Mode with Networking and uninstalled some third party software as microsoft have suggested and it still turned...
  9. Unable to perform admin tasks after converting Admin account to Standard user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to perform admin tasks after converting Admin account to Standard user: There are two administrators of which I am the owner of my pc and ICT service is the other. I've just changed my status to standard user and therefore cannot have access to do anything like installing a software or make changes as usual. When I tried to install a software,...
  10. I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks: I use Windows 10 Home. Each time I want to move a file/folder, it says "You'll need Administrative approval to move this folder." Today, Defrag stopped working. I opened the Run box and styped SFC/Scannow. I was told that only the Administrator has the right to do this....