Windows 10: Unable to Perform Auto Repair - No account Password

Discus and support Unable to Perform Auto Repair - No account Password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Is there any option to retrieve my Microsoft account password history in order to perform a troubleshooting/recovery of my Windows 10? I forgot my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eran_55, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Eran_55 Win User

Unable to Perform Auto Repair - No account Password

Hi,

Is there any option to retrieve my Microsoft account password history in order to perform a troubleshooting/recovery of my Windows 10? I forgot my password and after the reset there is no option to use it on the failed PC since it's offline.

If there is no option, I'm in an endless loop - cannot perform the operating system recovery even from the provided recourse DVD,

Thanks,

:)

Eran_55, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Win10 stuck on choose your keyboard layout during auto repair

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. I appreciate your patience and efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

• As suggested by Sudharshan above, what was the result after performing the Automatic repair?
    Performing automatic repair using the media creation tool replaces the corrupted or damaged files from the CD/DVD or USB media. It will not remove or replace your personal files.

Important: It is suggested to use the media creation tool and create the Windows installation media as there might be some files corrupted in the system where these might end up in causing error or failure. Using the Installation media and
    performing the auto repair helps to recover the corrupted system files.

Please share us the results performing the above steps using the media creation tool to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Perform Auto Repair - No account Password - Similar Threads - Unable Perform Auto

2. Auto repair, password and reformat issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto repair, password and reformat issue: So my computer crashed on me and has been on auto repair loop. I can't use my password to troubleshoot because it thinks it's the wrong password even though I changed it several times, I tried resetting and completely wiping it and it could not do that either. I have yet to...
  3. Auto repair, password and reformat issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto repair, password and reformat issue: So my computer crashed on me and has been on auto repair loop. I can't use my password to troubleshoot because it thinks it's the wrong password even though I changed it several times, I tried resetting and completely wiping it and it could not do that either. I have yet to...
  4. Auto repair, password and reformat issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to auto repair without account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to auto repair without account password: Good dayz I tried to perform system restore on my system and now it is not loading windows. It s loading a blue screen with the stop code 'critical process died'. Then it initiates automatic repair but it is asking for the account password which I no longer remember. I reset...
  6. How to auto repair without account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to auto repair without account password: Good dayz I tried to perform system restore on my system and now it is not loading windows. It s loading a blue screen with the stop code 'critical process died'. Then it initiates automatic repair but it is asking for the account password which I no longer remember. I reset...
  7. How to auto repair without account password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. unable to perform a restore - password issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to perform a restore - password issue: I had errors present after I booted. I performed a reset from previous restore point. Computer failed to reboot. Will not let me reset the computer without password. Previous password forgotten Changed the password in Microsoft online from another computer Don't...
  9. Unable to Perform Repair Upgrade with ISO File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Perform Repair Upgrade with ISO File: Hello, I'm trying to solve another problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/system-settings-closes-immediately-after-opening/7b8e402e-df34-4dc5-bc2c-d8a664e8a5b2?tm=1593889149598&auth=1 with a repair upgrade, but now the repair...
  10. Auto repair loop and unable to reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto repair loop and unable to reinstall: I have a windows 10 tower that I left on over night, i sometimes do that, and the next morning I woke up to it giving me the auto repair loop. Nothing in the menu under "troubleshoot". I put all the DVD files onto flash drives (no DVD drive on my computer) and then gave up...