Windows 10: Unable to perform certain functions after Windows 11 Update

Discus and support Unable to perform certain functions after Windows 11 Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, i just updated windows 11 on 3 nov, but so far, i have not been able to take screenshots and my surface pen or rather the touchscreen function does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ShanLLL, Nov 5, 2021.

1. ShanLLL Win User

Unable to perform certain functions after Windows 11 Update

Hi, i just updated windows 11 on 3 nov, but so far, i have not been able to take screenshots and my surface pen or rather the touchscreen function does not work even though i have it connected. How do i fix this problem?

:)

ShanLLL, Nov 5, 2021

2. Synaptics pointer will not perform close function in certain application in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• When you say “Tried an update for Windows 8.1”, are you referring to
      Compatibility mode?

• Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the touch drivers?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the synaptic drivers with certain applications installed in the computer. The issue may also occur due to certain system performances on the computer.

Method 1: Run
    System Maintenance
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check for the status of the computer behavior. System freezes and other irregular behaviors is mostly caused due to the unwanted/unused files retained in the PC.

Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the cause of the issue and in certain cases will fix to enhance the performance of the system.

System Maintenance troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts present on the system and perform maintenance tasks which will enhance the performance of the PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.

• Select View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select System Maintenance from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After the troubleshooting is completed, check the status for any missing system components on the computer.

• Close the window and check if the issue is resolved

Method 2: If the issue persists, install the synaptic drivers in
    Compatibility mode by following the steps below.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

Step 1: Follow the steps below to install the touchpad driver in
    compatibility mode.

• Download the latest and most compatible game setup file from the manufacturer’s website for Windows 8.1 OS or locate the game setup file in your PC.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      Properties.

• Click on the Compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for, select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• Once the driver is installed in compatibility mode,
      restart the PC for the effective changes to take place.

• Check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and type
      Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.

• Select the top most search result and follow from step 2 from the article
      Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows
      (Also applies to Windows 10).

• Check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 5, 2021
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Windows 1709 update on my desktop 11-16-2017 driver failure

Hi Peter,

There are possible reasons why your Wi-Fi is not available after upgrade to Windows 10:

• The Wi-Fi or the wireless adapter driver is not updated and not compatible with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update/Creators Update/Anniversary Update. In some cases, the Wi-Fi driver is missing after Windows 10 update. In this case, we suggest updating the
      driver of your network device. Generally speaking, updated drivers deliver better functionality and improved performance. For the most part, you certainly want to upgrade your drivers unless you have a very specific reason for not wanting to do so. To perform
      the task, simply follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on this

link
      . If the update does'nt work we suggest switching back to version 1703.
    • If reinstalling Wi-Fi drivers doesn't help, the problem may be triggered by unsupported VPN software present during the Windows 10 upgrade. If you have an old VPN client, it's certain that the piece of software is what is causing the no internet connection
      issue on Windows 10. In this case, we suggest removing the VPN software temporarily to isolate the concern. If the suggest step doesn't work, we suggest to switch back to 1703.

If you require any further information, feel free to let us know.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 5, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to perform certain functions after Windows 11 Update - Similar Threads - Unable perform certain

2. Huge performance problem after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge performance problem after windows 11 update: As the title says, i have been facing a huge performance downfall after the KB5034123, problems such as: Extremely low GPU usage only performs on benchmarks, nothing else, stuttering in every type of video player, such as YouTube, Disney+, etc. This is not a hardware issue as...
  3. Huge performance problem after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huge performance problem after windows 11 update: As the title says, i have been facing a huge performance downfall after the KB5034123, problems such as: Extremely low GPU usage only performs on benchmarks, nothing else, stuttering in every type of video player, such as YouTube, Disney+, etc. This is not a hardware issue as...
  4. Certain function keys don’t work after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain function keys don’t work after upgrading to windows 11: I’ve just upgraded to windows 11 and some of my function keys fn + f3/f4/f7/f9 are not working, but the rest of them seem to work just fine.How can i fix this problem?Things that I’ve tried:-Updating windows to the latest version-uninstalling keyboard drivers and restarting...
  5. Certain function keys don’t work after upgrading to windows 11

Certain function keys don’t work after upgrading to windows 11: I’ve just upgraded to windows 11 and some of my function keys fn + f3/f4/f7/f9 are not working, but the rest of them seem to work just fine.How can i fix this problem?Things that I’ve tried:-Updating windows to the latest version-uninstalling keyboard drivers and restarting...
  6. Unable to perform certain functions after Windows 11 Update

Unable to perform certain functions after Windows 11 Update: Hi, i just updated windows 11 on 3 nov, but so far, i have not been able to take screenshots and my surface pen or rather the touchscreen function does not work even though i have it connected. How do i fix this problem?...
  7. Unable to install certain updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install certain updates: I'm unsure whether specific updates have been installed or otherwise, but it seems to be the case, according to the update history. However, the system still requires updates that it cannot install. On boot, after a restart, it takes its time to get around to 90%, then...
  8. Shift Keys Not Performing Their Expected Function With Certain Numerical Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift Keys Not Performing Their Expected Function With Certain Numerical Keys: Hi, I just recently updated my Windows 10 OS to Windows 10 version 1903 OS Build 18362.778. The shift keys are not giving me the expected results when I use them with the following keys: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 0. They return all the expected results on all the other keys,...
  9. Unable to update to perform Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update to perform Windows Update: Hi Team, I am running on HP Envy 700-527c desktop hardware. I am currently running Windows 10, version 1803. I have not been able to apply Windows Update 1809 since October 2018. The latest attempt is to update to version 1903. The error message is "0xc1900101". I...
  10. Function keys performing the wrong function

in Windows 10 Support
    Function keys performing the wrong function: So my computer works fine, but for some reason the function keys were switched up. When I'm on the desktop, they don't do anything at all, and when I'm in Google Chrome they do things that aren't related to what they're supposed to do. F1 used to mute/unmute, now it opens...