Windows 10: Unable to perform reset: Got stuck at Bluescreen

Discus and support Unable to perform reset: Got stuck at Bluescreen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello We tried to reset my LapTop. It is some how now in a blue screen and show questions about the language, time zone .... We fill the answers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AhuraMazda1, May 16, 2019.

1. Unable to perform reset: Got stuck at Bluescreen

Hello

We tried to reset my LapTop. It is some how now in a blue screen and show questions about the language, time zone .... We fill the answers and click next. The next blue page come with some instruction with 4 quidances. We click next and the computer runs for about 15 minutes then comes back to the same questions.

We bough the computer about 1.5 years ago from Costco.

How can we make this computer works again.

Thanks

Abdol Hajipour

***Modified the title from Windows 10 Pro Starter Kit***

***Moved from the category Windows 10 / Windows settings***

:)

AhuraMazda1, May 16, 2019

2. Unable to perform reset.

Hi Robert,

To help you better, share the information;
    - When you performed the reset, did you choose the option to “keep all files” or “remove” everything”?

I suggest you to perform the reset again using an installation media and check if it helps.

Follow the steps given in the help article below under the section use installation media to reset or restore your pc.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Disclaimer: If you choose the option to “keep all files”, everything will be removed except your personal files while the other option will remove everything including your personal files. Choose the option appropriately.

Try the above steps and let us know the result.

Regards,

Pratiksha Devadiga, May 16, 2019
  3. Stuck in a loop after windows performed repair

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you perform Power Drain as you are stuck in a loop and this might help you access the desktop screen. To learn how to perform this follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power
      cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, May 16, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Unable to perform reset: Got stuck at Bluescreen

Unable to perform a system reset

Hi,

A factory reset is a way to restore a device to its original system state. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried backing up your important files and check if you can perform factory reset?
    • Why do you want to perform a factory reset in your laptop?

Meanwhile, you can also follow the steps provided in this article:
    Recovery options in Windows 10.
    It will let you restore from a system restore point or go back to the previous version of Windows.

Keeps us posted if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Unable to perform reset: Got stuck at Bluescreen

1. Unable to perform reset: Got stuck at Bluescreen - Similar Threads - Unable perform reset

2. Computer reset stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer reset stuck: I started a FULL PC reset about 5 hours ago. As in removing all my files. Everything was going fine until now. The percentage has been stuck at 46% now for almost an hour! I'm not sure what to do as it is getting very hot but I do not want to risk harming my computer by...
  3. stuck resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stuck resetting: I am stuck at 13% trying to reset Microsoft 10. What do I need to do to be more successful? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-resetting/054d3e77-6ff9-4daa-b91e-15424c79de71
  4. Windows Assigned Access gets stuck at bluescreen.

Windows Assigned Access gets stuck at bluescreen.: Hello A costumer of mine recently asked me if there was a way to set up a couple of kiosk systems for his hotel so his residents could surf the web in the lobby. I did some research and stumbled upon the Assigned Access mode. First of all, I didn't find Microsoft Edge...
  5. Upgrade got stuck.

Upgrade got stuck.: Upgrade assistant is showing 99% update percent complete for 5 hours. All download is done. Task manager shows 0% CPU use by update assistant . What to do now? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  6. After performing the "reset this pc" option on windows 10 i got no peripheral drivers ,no...

After performing the "reset this pc" option on windows 10 i got no peripheral drivers ,no...: Greetings people of the community My computer (running win10)had some issues lately and i decided to use the "reset this pc option". After the reset was complete and the computer booted my peripherals only functioned in bios and then died in the set up screen. I found out...
  7. "Resetting this PC" got stuck at 40% for several hours and then jumped to 99% suddenly...

"Resetting this PC" got stuck at 40% for several hours and then jumped to 99% suddenly...: I chose to remove all my files and clean the drives. It downloaded windows 10 normally after that 99%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/resetting-this-pc-got-stuck-at-40-for-several/be93ad98-2600-41a5-aa4d-f0d1c15802be
  8. Just got a Bluescreen. Please help

Just got a Bluescreen. Please help: So I'm pretty sure this is unrelated but I installed a new Noctua heatsink this morning. I was playing Monster Hunter World when suddenly I got a bluescreen. Interestingly though the bluescreen lasted about 30seconds and after that the computer was already re logged in. Heres...
  9. Pc got stuck

Pc got stuck: My pc got stuck, actually it was affect with virus first, many progu got installed n error message came in 100 . Then i factory image reset my pc . Then i started with yhe setup of Cortana n os setup. Suddenly it got stuck then i restarted my pc (force restart) .then it cam...
  10. Reset Win10: unable to reset?

Reset Win10: unable to reset?: We have an older computer that we are trying to reset windows 10 on so we can give it to a friend. But when we try to reset it, we get a windows that says "unable to reset". How can we reset windows 10? 75152