Windows 10: Unable to perform Windows 10 Update on Intel Processor Laptop

Discus and support Unable to perform Windows 10 Update on Intel Processor Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to update from Windows 10 version 1803 to 1903 but I keep getting an AMD Ryzen error. I shouldn't because I am running Intel Processors.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PietroMaximoff, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Unable to perform Windows 10 Update on Intel Processor Laptop

I am trying to update from Windows 10 version 1803 to 1903 but I keep getting an AMD Ryzen error.

I shouldn't because I am running Intel Processors.

System:

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon CPU E3-......

Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1803

OS Build: 17134.829

:)

PietroMaximoff, Sep 11, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Sep 11, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Sep 11, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Unable to perform Windows 10 Update on Intel Processor Laptop

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to perform Windows 10 Update on Intel Processor Laptop

1. Unable to perform Windows 10 Update on Intel Processor Laptop - Similar Threads - Unable perform Update

2. unable to update windows 11 due to old i5 intel processor ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to update windows 11 due to old i5 intel processor ?: I have run the windows checker tool and everything has passed except the processor. I have ssd + 16gb ram + TPM 2.0 and all good, but showing incompatabile to run windows 11 as I have an old processor. But I am pretty sure that my system can handle windows 11 due the ssd +...
  3. unable to update windows 11 due to old i5 intel processor ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to update windows 11 due to old i5 intel processor ?: I have run the windows checker tool and everything has passed except the processor. I have ssd + 16gb ram + TPM 2.0 and all good, but showing incompatabile to run windows 11 as I have an old processor. But I am pretty sure that my system can handle windows 11 due the ssd +...
  4. unable to update windows 11 due to old i5 intel processor ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Replace AMD Processor with an Intel Processor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replace AMD Processor with an Intel Processor: I am using an laptop with AMD processor. but I wanted to change the processor only not the laptop. i wanted to add intel Core i5 processor in the place of AMD. But I have heard that AMD cannot be replaced by intel or other processors since the slots are seen to be different....
  6. Demystifying Windows 10 Microcode Updates for Intel and AMD Processors

in Windows 10 News
    Demystifying Windows 10 Microcode Updates for Intel and AMD Processors: Hello, my name is Steve Mathias, Microsoft Premier Field Engineer (PFE) and I wanted to spend a moment to discuss the “mechanics” of the Intel Microcode Updates that you may see coming down from Microsoft Update or the Windows Catalog. The security implications of why you...
  7. Unable to update to perform Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update to perform Windows Update: Hi Team, I am running on HP Envy 700-527c desktop hardware. I am currently running Windows 10, version 1803. I have not been able to apply Windows Update 1809 since October 2018. The latest attempt is to update to version 1903. The error message is "0xc1900101". I...
  8. Windows 10 and older intel processors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and older intel processors: So....perhaps somebody can straighten me out here. From most things I've read Dell and Microsoft made the decision to not support some of the older processors for Windows 10. Indeed when I look at compatibility charts it shows my Dell Precision 4600 with the Core i7-2860QM is...
  9. Power Processor Performance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Processor Performance: I was running high performance on my hp desktop, but now when I checked the settings the minimum and maximum settings are gone, nothing there but system cooling? So what happen to those two settings? Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  10. Power Processor Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Processor Performance: I was running high performance on my hp desktop, but now when I checked the settings the minimum and maximum settings are gone, nothing there but system cooling? So what happen to those two settings?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i7-2860qm intel rst windows 10