Windows 10: Unable to perform Windows Defender Offline scan with BitLocker encryption turned on

Discus and support Unable to perform Windows Defender Offline scan with BitLocker encryption turned on in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am using password and not USB with unlock key to unlock BitLocker encryption on my computer, but when my computer restarts to perform... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ian Chen54321, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Unable to perform Windows Defender Offline scan with BitLocker encryption turned on

Hello,

I am using password and not USB with unlock key to unlock BitLocker encryption on my computer, but when my computer restarts to perform Windows Defender Offline scan, it requires me to use USB with unlock key to unlock the BitLocker encryption and there is no other option for me to choose. As a result, I can't unlock my computer and perform the Windows Defender Offline scan now. Does anyone know how to change the unlock option of BitLocker encryption to using password before the Windows Defender Offline scan?

* Moved from Windows 10/Security

:)

Ian Chen54321, Mar 15, 2020

2. Unable to perform Windows Defender Offline scan with BitLocker encryption turned on

Hello,

I am using password and not USB with unlock key to unlock BitLocker encryption on my computer, but when my computer restarts to perform Windows Defender Offline scan, it requires me to use USB with unlock key to unlock the BitLocker encryption and there
    is no other option for me to choose. As a result, I can't unlock my computer and perform the Windows Defender Offline scan now. Does anyone know how to change the unlock option of BitLocker encryption to using password before the Windows Defender Offline scan?

Ian Chen54321, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Unable to perform Windows Defender Offline scan with BitLocker encryption turned on

Hi my name is Ross, I'm an independent advisor. I'd be happy to help with your issue.

Unfortunately you need to switch off BitLocker if you need to run a defender offline scan

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/for...

Regards,

Ross

rossmcbain, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Unable to perform Windows Defender Offline scan with BitLocker encryption turned on

Windows Defender Offline Scan Issue With BitLocker And USB Keyboard

Just installed Windows 10 Insider Enterprise 10.0.15063 Build 15063 and found that there was no Health report available in Windows Defender. Looked at some of the suggested fixes and tried to run the offline scan. I have BitLocker set up using a recovery
    key that requires typing. However I am unable to use my USB keyboards (I have tried two different ones) to type in the recovery key as none of the keys work whenever the offline scan is scheduled to run. I have no issues typing in the recovery key if no offline
    scan has been set to run. Could this be a bug that needs to be fixed.

Paul M Fitzpatrick, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Unable to perform Windows Defender Offline scan with BitLocker encryption turned on

1. Unable to perform Windows Defender Offline scan with BitLocker encryption turned on - Similar Threads - Unable perform Defender

2. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  3. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  4. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  6. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  7. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

8. Defender offline scan

Defender offline scan: Hi Where can I find the scan results report following a Defender Offline Scan ? Tony https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-offline-scan/cdc1325b-cfd4-44d5-a7fe-3956d0715fb4
  9. Defender Offline scan

Defender Offline scan: Morning My system seemed very slow to boot this morning - blank screen no connection cable displayed. After it booted I ran a full system scan with no problems. I then ran the Defender offline scan takes about 15 minutes to run. The scan appeared to take about 5-6 minutes....
  10. Unable to perform Windows Defender Offline scan with BitLocker encryption turned on

Unable to perform Windows Defender Offline scan with BitLocker encryption turned on: Hello, I am using password and not USB with unlock key to unlock BitLocker encryption on my computer, but when my computer restarts to perform Windows Defender Offline scan, it requires me to use USB with unlock key to unlock the BitLocker encryption and there is no other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i run windows defender offline scan if i use bitlocker