Windows 10: Unable to personalize background

Discus and support Unable to personalize background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to personalize my background Norton crashes and the pictures disappear. This started when I installed Office. I downloaded a patch that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexaC84, Nov 20, 2019.

1. AlexaC84 Win User

Unable to personalize background

When I try to personalize my background Norton crashes and the pictures disappear. This started when I installed Office. I downloaded a patch that is supposed to fix the issue between Win10 and Office.

:)

AlexaC84, Nov 20, 2019

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    regarding background personalize settings

Hi Singh,

The Some setting are managed by your organization message usually appears if there is any changes happened on the Registry Editor or Group policy Editor. We suggest editing the Group Policy by following the steps below:

• Open Group Policy by typing it in the search box.
    • Look for Administrative Templates and click on it.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Prevent changing desktop background and it will open an new window.
    • Select Disable on the choices and click Apply.

Once the changes were made, try to customize your background again.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Unable to personalize background

Personalize Screen background color

Hi Rohn,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

• Have you installed any third party customization software?
    If yes, I suggest you to uninstall the same to if it is restricting you from changing the desktop background.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select
      Control Panel.

• Select Ease of Access Center.

• Click on Optimize Visual display link.

• Locate Make the computer easier to see section.

• Uncheck Remove background images (where available).

• Click on Save, Apply, and Exit.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Unable to personalize background

1. Unable to personalize background - Similar Threads - Unable personalize background

2. Personalization of background no longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization of background no longer works: When I click on browser, my selected image appears for an instant, but it is not stable on the desktop. I know how to personalize background because I did it so many times. But now it is messed up. My topic is not exactly Display and Screen, but Microsoft presents endless...
  3. Personalize Background

Personalize Background: Is there a way to set a fix time in changing background picture? I would like to set it for every HH:00, HH:15, HH:30 and HH:45 OR HH:00 and HH:30 It may look like an interval of 15 minutes or 30 minutes, but not really. Sample: If I open the desktop at HH:20, the...
  4. Personalize Desktop Background

Personalize Desktop Background: I keep picking a folder for a slideshow and it keeps changing back to the dafault folder. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalize-desktop-background/9c48be3f-abc4-4c7a-8e72-9361a20a2311
  5. Desktop Background Personalization

Desktop Background Personalization: On Windows 10 I cannot get my chosen personal photo to display the way I want it to, despite the fact that I've succeeded before using a photo I got online: I want it to fill the monitor screen, running underneath the desktop icons, which I have grouped on the far left of...
  6. Personalize Background

Personalize Background: How do I create a background that displays my Mantra. in text? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalize-background/e8374310-ee28-441c-b118-d336de459510
  7. Personalization Options - Backgrounds Slideshow

Personalization Options - Backgrounds Slideshow: Is there a way to choose multiple themes for background pictures, or add them to the pictures used for a background slideshow? I could do this in Windows 7, but now that I'm on Win10, I can only choose one (1)....
  8. Personalization - Background - Slideshow

Personalization - Background - Slideshow: The option for selecting photos for the slideshow says "Choose albums for your slideshow". I'm curious about the choice of the word "albums" instead of merely "folders". But aside from that, the BROWSE button allows one to select only ONE folder instead of multiple folders....
  9. Personalization of desktop background

Personalization of desktop background: I just got a new pc running Win 10. I am very much into personalization - I want to feel that this computer is MINE. I put up a background picture last week, chose a custom color as my background color and let Win 10 choose an accent color. When I went to change to a...
  10. Personal Picture shows as background

Personal Picture shows as background: HP Envy Windows 10 Until I sign onto Windows 10, my HP laptop originally would show nature scene pics, chosen by Windows. (You may recall such pics would changed to a new nature scene every couple days.) Now, my laptop displays a personal picture of mine (the same...