Windows 10: Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

Discus and support Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried to pin my Camera start menu item to a tile in Windows. At first it worked & I saw it move over, then something happened, I heard a beep & it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Piscean1234, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

I tried to pin my Camera start menu item to a tile in Windows. At first it worked & I saw it move over, then something happened, I heard a beep & it disappeared. Now it is not giving me the option to move it there again, but it thinks it is already there but it is not. Can someone tell me how to get the option back to pin the tile there. The only options now are unpin from start, pin to taskbar which I don't want, uninstall, rate & review, settings, and share. There are also existing tiles in that area where the only options are "unpin from start". What if I didn't want to

:)

Piscean1234, Oct 15, 2021

2. Unable to removed pinned item from start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly you’re trying to remove pinned tiles from start menu?

I understand that you are unable to remove the pinned item from the Start menu.

Please follow the steps below to remove pinned item from the Start Menu:

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Expand Start menu.
    • Right Click on the pinned item and select Unpin from Start menu
    If you are still facing issues while removing the site, please share a screenshot of the issue, so that we can further assist you.

Please follow the steps below to take a screenshot and to upload with your reply:

• Find Print screen Key on your keyboard.
    • To Capture Screen Image, press the Print Screen (PrtScn) key once, your screen will be captured and stored in clipboard.
    • Now open any image editing application in Windows like Microsoft Paint and then press Ctrl + V key to paste the taken Screenshot of the Image on Paint and then save it by pressing Ctrl + S button.
    • After you have saved the file, click on Reply button.
    • Click on insert Image option and select the image file that you have saved.
    • Now click Submit.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Oct 15, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

And "pin to start list" is still there in the latest build? Yup.

Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 15, 2021
  4. cchip98 Win User

Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

Unable to removed pinned item from start menu

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro (August 7th 2015) and have been creating tiles for the start menu. When I first opened the start menu I removed all of the default live tiles so I could make my own custom tiles, I successfully
    created custom tiles linked to a custom library.

However, I have now decided I wish to remove this tile and am unable to do so, when I select unpin from start menu the item does not remove whatsoever. When I created the tile I did so in the following manner:

1. Created a shortcut to the library on my desktop

2. Right clicked, and selected 'Pin to Start'

3. Opened the start menu and it was there

This single tile is causing great trouble for me as I am unable to fully customise my start menu, especially as it is in the way of other tiles I wish to create.

cchip98, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

1. Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile - Similar Threads - Unable pin start

2. Unable to delete the tiles in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete the tiles in Start Menu: Trying to delete the Settings and Microsoft Store. But cannot delete it. Only these three options are there. Could not remove it from here. Both for Settings icon and Microsoft Store. Is there a PS script that could do this. I have checked the group policy to see that did I...
  3. Unable to delete the tiles in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete the tiles in Start Menu: Trying to delete the Settings and Microsoft Store. But cannot delete it. Only these three options are there. Could not remove it from here. Both for Settings icon and Microsoft Store. Is there a PS script that could do this. I have checked the group policy to see that did I...
  4. Unable to delete the tiles in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile: I tried to pin my Camera start menu item to a tile in Windows. At first it worked & I saw it move over, then something happened, I heard a beep & it disappeared. Now it is not giving me the option to move it there again, but it thinks it is already there but it is not. Can...
  6. Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile: I tried to pin my Camera start menu item to a tile in Windows. At first it worked & I saw it move over, then something happened, I heard a beep & it disappeared. Now it is not giving me the option to move it there again, but it thinks it is already there but it is not. Can...
  7. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  8. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  9. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  10. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...