Windows 10: Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar

Discus and support Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; SOLVED. Thank you all the guys who came with tips. For me it was not a problem to loose my profile. I manage my bookmarks (Favorites) with IE, back... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by angelolopes, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar

SOLVED. Thank you all the guys who came with tips. For me it was not a problem to loose my profile. I manage my bookmarks (Favorites) with IE, back them up, and import them to Firefox. Maybe old fashioned but I am 62 *Smile

On C:\ drive I only install operating system. I always install software to E:\Program Files or E:\Program Files (x86). On the laptop I do it to a 200 GB Micro SD card which is always attached.

My previous unistallation/ reinstallation did not solve the problem. This turn, I allowed Firefox to install to the default directory, C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox, and Pin to taskbar was there. After this I tried to uninstall and reinstall to E:\ drive, but Pin to taskbar disappeared one more time.

I assume if one installs Firefox to a drive other then C:\, no Pin to taskbar option.

Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar [​IMG]

Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar [​IMG]

angelolopes, Jan 11, 2017
  2. Berton Win User

Got you beat by 15 just a couple weeks ago. Don't worry about "old fashioned", if a procedure or device works for you go for it. The beauty of computers is there's usually 2 or more ways to accomplish the same result and we ALL use whatever works for us.

Also of note is that no 2 computers are exactly the same. Even bought at the exact place and time, the installation or even the initial setup will make one slightly different from the other.

Berton, Jan 11, 2017
  3. <off-topic>

Congratulations on your double7 *Wink
    Me, not that nice age but started with 'puters back in '73 .. main frames .. punched tape .. 9 track tapes .. 8-inch floppy disks .. Fortran .. Cobol

And I discovered computers do have a soul, and a stress sensor. Nobody believes me *Sad

</off-topic>

angelolopes, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar

1. Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar - Similar Threads - Unable Pin Firefox

2. Unable to pin programs to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to pin programs to the taskbar: After a system restore I cannot pin programs to the taskbar any more apart from certain Windows programs like the snipping tool, but not explorer.exe for example.I have tried every single solution/suggestion I have found online, but it still won't do it. I have also tried to...
  3. Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar': [ATTACH] Hello all. I am trying to add some functionality to my taskbar icon for Microsoft Edge browser, similar to the pic posted below. Notice the Pinned section of the popup for Firefox. I put those links there myself, by clicking on the desired site's address in the...
  4. Firefox icon from the taskbar, what to do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox icon from the taskbar, what to do?: Hello for now, When I started my PC today, I noticed that the icon of the Firefox browser is missing. (Here simply a "white page" is shown) I have already tried to delete the iconcache using a batch script, but without success. It would be great if someone here could...
  5. Icon staying pinned to taskbar

Icon staying pinned to taskbar: I pin messenger icon to my taskbar - it stays for a couple of hours then disappears. How do I get it to stay? I have clicked pin to taskbar and it stays then goes. I want it to stay...
  6. Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?

Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?: Hi, I'm having an issue where an invisible, nonfunctional icon for Dell Mobile Connect is pinned on the taskbar but there is no way to unpin it. Here is a screenshot of the issue (after right-clicking on the icon): [ATTACH] Tried rebooting and restarting Explorer and...
  7. Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons

Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons: Hello: When I first upgraded to Windows 10, I started playing around with the taskbar. I found a way to manually "group" the icons I had previously pinned. For example, I could group various Office ions. (E.g., Word; Excel). I recall also having a group for...
  8. Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox: Not sure if this is a browser (latest Firefox) or Windows problem, so I'll describe the issue here. All my program shortcuts are placed on the taskbar. The problem I'm about to describe and show, only occurs with the Firefox taskbar icon and its preview thumbnails. And...
  9. Cannot change Firefox 64bit icon in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot change Firefox 64bit icon in taskbar: Hey everyone, as the title states, I can't change the icon of Firefox in my taskbar. With the x86-version it wasn't an issue and the simple right-click -> right-click -> properties worked without a problem. However, now that I have switched over to the 64bit...
  10. pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar: I have always had shortcuts pinned to my Firefox icon in my taskbar like windows 10 forum,the login for my work place, you tube,ETC.but the short cuts are gone on my windows 32 they are still on my win.64 ..When I drag a short to my win.32 Firefox Icon in taskbar it says pen...