Windows 10: Unable to Pin Web Site to Start

Discus and support Unable to Pin Web Site to Start in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I try to [pin a web site to start but after selecting "Pin this page to start" I get no confirmation dialog. The page is nowhere in the start screen... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JamesJoey, Feb 14, 2018.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Unable to Pin Web Site to Start

I try to [pin a web site to start but after selecting "Pin this page to start" I get no confirmation dialog.
    The page is nowhere in the start screen and I have no issues with other web sites I've tried to pin.
    This is after a clean install and this occurred yesterday following the Windows 10 upgrade to 1709.

Any ideas?
    James

:)

JamesJoey, Feb 14, 2018
  2. Karenying Win User

WP8.1 - Unable to pin web page to start

I tried to unpin and pin again. But once unpin, it can't be repin as the pin to start selection grey out, even for major web site such as CNN.com. Is the any setting that might disable pin to start function in IE and I accidentally activate it?

Unable to Pin Web Site to Start [​IMG]

Karenying, Feb 14, 2018
  3. Karenying Win User
    WP8.1 - Unable to pin web page to start

My Lumia 820 just upgraded to WP8.1. Webpage pinned during WP8.0 is still on Start.

However my pin to start was disable and gray out, even with webpage that I used to be able to pin to start. Do anyone know what could went wrong?

Unable to Pin Web Site to Start [​IMG]

Karenying, Feb 14, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

One thought, what browser or browsers are you using? Otherwise there is insufficient information given. Does the problem exist with all browsers you have installed.

Berton, Feb 14, 2018
  5. JamesJoey Win User
    I'm using Edge.

This has happened before but cleared up.
    Some pages pin others don't.
    I am, however, able to add a web manually by copying the web page to the start screen by copying the address to the clip board and creating a new shortcut in my users Start Menu-Programs folder.

JamesJoey, Feb 14, 2018
  6. torre Win User
    Is "Pin this page to Start" grayed out or does it not pin after you click ?

Occasionally, I will have a page where it is grayed out but issue is solved when I retype the url or refresh the page.

torre, Feb 14, 2018
  7. JamesJoey Win User
    No. The command is enabled.

JamesJoey, Feb 15, 2018
  8. torre Win User

torre, Feb 15, 2018
  9. JamesJoey Win User
    Reset fixed it!

Thanks much,
    James

JamesJoey, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Pin Web Site to Start - Similar Threads - Unable Pin Web

2. i can pin web sites to task bar but not to start screen ? but can pin apps to start screen ok?

in Windows 10 Customization
    i can pin web sites to task bar but not to start screen ? but can pin apps to start screen ok?: why cant i pin to start screen when in a web page no option shows but pin to task bar works fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-pin-web-sites-to-task-bar-but-not-to-start/62282203-d611-43e6-8c87-d296f9d453f1
  3. Pin web site to start missing

Pin web site to start missing: Pin web site to start missing is there a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-web-site-to-start-missing/2ade8ff9-2cb5-4b76-9951-7ff008c8cbb4
  4. Pinning Sites to the Start

Pinning Sites to the Start: Hello - For the last few days, I haven't been able to pin sites to the Start. I don't know what happened. I can pin them to the Taskbar but when I try to pin them to the Start, the blue square appears and when I click it, nothing happens. Instead of saying the site name, the...
  5. Edge Start Menu Web Site Add

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Start Menu Web Site Add: Latest info from Google is to find "PIN TO START MENU" when I want to add a website to the START MENU. But there is no "PIN TO START MENU". Has this feature been deleted or is it hidden?...
  6. web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web site: i went to a website and there address does not exist how do they keep operateing Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-site/dccdf822-e964-4953-9e97-24c91beab5cd
  7. Pinned Web Site

Pinned Web Site: Is there still no way to rename web site I pin to the start menu??? James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinned-web-site/f92a3f93-c1c2-46d8-a4d5-da9b32de6e6d
  8. Pin web site to start menu

in Browsers and Email
    Pin web site to start menu: Is it possible to pin web site to start menu? 34878
  9. Web site icons on start window?

in Windows 10 Support
    Web site icons on start window?: Is it possible to ad a web site icon/tile to the start window. For some reason the google web site icon is there, but I would like to add a few more of web sites I frequently visit. The right click on a web site URL does not give the option of creating a tile/icon on the...
  10. Web site icons on start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Web site icons on start menu tiles: Is it possible to change the edge icon on the tile to one from a web site such as Google or Ccleaner etc. on a small tile. Some come that way automatically, but for others one has to hover the mouse over to see the text. [img] 30597