Windows 10: Unable to ping or see external IP addresses

Discus and support Unable to ping or see external IP addresses in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On a Windows 10 computer, I have good network connectivity and can access websites with no problem, but the "connect" window in Jamulus that's supposed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M00Gzz, Sep 9, 2020.

1. M00Gzz Win User

Unable to ping or see external IP addresses

On a Windows 10 computer, I have good network connectivity and can access websites with no problem, but the "connect" window in Jamulus that's supposed to display all connected servers was empty. Comparing with others on the network, we discovered one apparent symptom/problem: I can't ping any IP addresses. I tried several valid IP addresses as verified by others who successfully pinged on their Windows computers and they all timed out. I was able to ping www.google.com and www.microsoft.com, but failed trying to ping google's IP address 8.8.8.8 .

-The problem is not in my cable modem/router Arris Surfboard because using the Iwas able to ping to all the IP addresses using Arris' Ping WAN Utility.

-I tried turning off Windows Defender Firewall, then rebooting the computer, but still couldn't ping any IP addresses.

-I ran Command Prompt as administrator and executed

"ipconfig /flushdns" , then "ipconfig /registerdns"

and rebooted, but still no success.

I'm guessing there's some Windows setting that's not allowing me to ping and that's also blocking Jamulus from seeing other computers on its network.

Please provide suggestions on what and how to check any other settings that may be causing this problem.

:)

M00Gzz, Sep 9, 2020

2. Unable to ping IP address from a specific LAN port

Hi All,

I am observing a issue in which I am unable to ping a IP address is my wireless connection is enable.

Setup:

in my LAN port "Local Area Connection" I have configured manual IP address: 10.146.0.59. subnet mask : 255.255.255.128. Gateway IP: 10.146.0.1

I have also connedcted my Laptop with wifi having IP address: 192.168.43.135. subnet mask : 255.255.255.0.

Now when I am trying to ping IP address : 10.211.119.2, request timeout is observed. But if I disable my wifi I am able to ping the IP address.

Kindly Help.

AMIT KUMARDas1, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Unable to find printer IP Address

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Here are the few settings that you can try to find the IP address of the printer that are connected on the same network.

Method 1:

1. Search for CMD on the start menu, right click on CMD and run it as administrator.
    2. Type in arp –a on the command prompt and hit enter.
    3. You will find list of all the IP connected to the system.
    4. Look for the dynamic IP address.
    5. Copy and paste the IP on your browser, and the IP that opens your Printer setup page will be the IP for the printer.

Method 2:

1. You can try to ping the printer name, by typing
      ping <printer name> on the command prompt that will give you the printer IP address.
    2. You can also refer to this
      suggestion
      posted by BulldogXX on January 13.
    3. Check for the Canon IJ Network Tool from the post above, as you have mention you are using Canon printer.

You can type in ipconfig and find your Ethernet adapter IP address, if the printers are on wired network, and if the printer IP address has the same network address as your Ethernet network address then the printer
    is in wired network, and same goes for the Wireless network.

You can also compare the SSID of the WIFI and the SSID of the printer, if the SSID matched then the printer is on WIFI network, same goes for the Ethernet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Epson WF 2650 IP Address issues

Hi Debbie,

Just to verify, have you tried pinging your printer's IP address, to see if it is being picked up by the network? Here are the steps:

• Type CMD on the Cortana search box to launch Command Prompt.
    • On the Command Prompt box, type ping <printer's IP address> and hit the Enter key.

Let us know what shows on the command prompt. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to ping or see external IP addresses - Similar Threads - Unable ping external

2. My computer keeps pinging an unknown IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps pinging an unknown IP address: So we used Wireshark in class and found out that my computer has been pinging 168.95.245.1 every second in a ICMP protocol. I did a quick look up, and it returned Hinet which is based in Taiwan, I have been searching the internet about Hinet, but I am not receiving any...
  3. My computer keeps pinging an unknown IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps pinging an unknown IP address: So we used Wireshark in class and found out that my computer has been pinging 168.95.245.1 every second in a ICMP protocol. I did a quick look up, and it returned Hinet which is based in Taiwan, I have been searching the internet about Hinet, but I am not receiving any...
  4. My computer keeps pinging an unknown IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 PC Can Ping IP address of Network Copier, but cannot see or access a simple...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PC Can Ping IP address of Network Copier, but cannot see or access a simple...: I purchased two identical refurbished Windows 10 Dell PC's at basically the same time days apart. They are part of a workgroup in my small office that are all connected through a router, large switch and wired. This group of computers has existed for 10 plus years and each...
  6. Windows 10 PC Can Ping IP address of Network Copier, but cannot see or access a simple...

Windows 10 PC Can Ping IP address of Network Copier, but cannot see or access a simple...: I purchased two identical refurbished Windows 10 Dell PC's at basically the same time days apart. They are part of a workgroup in my small office that are all connected through a router, large switch and wired. This group of computers has existed for 10 plus years and each...
  7. Can't ping default gateway IP address

Can't ping default gateway IP address: The client can’t access the internet. For troubleshooting, we ask her to ping default gateway, for example, ping 192.168.1.254. She gets general failure. What we have done:1. run netsh to enable autoconfig,Restart the computer.2. Run netsh to delete arp, for exampleRestart...
  8. one site i am unable to ping by domain name, but can by its IP address

one site i am unable to ping by domain name, but can by its IP address: been at this for a couple hours and it is driving me nuts. using cmd, i can ping google, and it pings just fine... any site for thta matter, but there is one program that when i try to ping it, it comes up with nothing, if i try pinging it again by its ip address, i get...
  9. Unable to find printer IP Address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to find printer IP Address: Hi, I was trying to resolve printing and scanning issue on call. The customer has three desktop computers and three printers. Some of printers is connected with wire and some is connected with wireless. All desktop computers and printers are in the same network. Depending...
  10. External IP address tracking

External IP address tracking: Unfortunately my external IP address periodically changes. I find it frustrating when it does as I have a few machines and apps where I remotely connect to FTP setup on a hard drive and also remotely access a camera inside the house. When the address changes and I am away...