Windows 10: Unable to pinpoint hardware error displayed by Reliability Monitor : LiveKernelEvent ab

Discus and support Unable to pinpoint hardware error displayed by Reliability Monitor : LiveKernelEvent ab in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the course of a few days, I have noticed that the same hardware error occurs on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro. There have been no problems in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chacko Kappukatil, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Unable to pinpoint hardware error displayed by Reliability Monitor : LiveKernelEvent ab

Over the course of a few days, I have noticed that the same hardware error occurs on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro. There have been no problems in terms of being able to use the laptop, no glitches or anything of the sort. I would like to ask what the trouble code actually means as displayed by the report below and which part of my laptop causes it. What I have noticed is that the hardware issue happens when I start the laptop up after shutting down. I have a Dell Vostro 3590 with an Intel i7-10510U processor, 8 GB RAM, Radeon 610 dGPU, 256 GB SSD.

Source

Windows

Summary
    Hardware error

Date
    ‎04/‎04/‎2021 08:06

Status
    Report sent

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: ab
    Parameter 1: 9
    Parameter 2: 3c4d0
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 390
    OS version: 10_0_19042
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 19465

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: LKD_INSTR_SESSION_POOLTAG_UspQ_Usrd_Uspe_Uspf

:)

Chacko Kappukatil, Apr 4, 2021

2. Reliability monitor LiveKernelEvent hardware errors

Hi. Almost everyday in the reliability monitor appears some kind of hardware error, the problem event name is always LiveKernelEvent, but the error code changes, but the most frequent one is 144, but it has shown 17d and 1000015e. Here is one example:

Source

Windows

Summary

Hardware error

Date

‎13/‎06/‎2020 17:13

Status

Not reported

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 144

Parameter 1: 3003

Parameter 2: ffffc28fd1c746b0

Parameter 3: 40010000

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_18363

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 2057

I think that the error is probably related with my USB wifi adapter, but I'm not sure.

Thank you.

PS: I don't know if this is the right topic, correct me if I'm wrong.

santiagomuniz, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Live kernel event code ab hardware error

I just installed the latest cumulative update and when I checked reliability history it listed a hardware fail event, livekernelevent code ab. Anyone know what that's about? PC seems fine though. And I rebooted a few times and was unable to repeat the error, bit concerned by it though!

EDIT - seems to be a bug in the latest cumulative update as we see the exact same in our other machine! Possibly triggered by signing out of one user account and into another. As I can't then subsequently repeat the error I think it's a one off that happens initially after the update but will monitor the reliability history closely to see if it happens again on either of our machines

Scottyboy99, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Cmp21 Win User

Unable to pinpoint hardware error displayed by Reliability Monitor : LiveKernelEvent ab

Live kernel event code ab hardware error

Yeah, stumbled across this thread while trying to figure out the problem. Seems like it's a bug right after installing the latest update like you said since it's happening on multiple machines. I only have one user account on my computer so it seems like that's not the problem.

Cmp21, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Unable to pinpoint hardware error displayed by Reliability Monitor : LiveKernelEvent ab

1. Unable to pinpoint hardware error displayed by Reliability Monitor : LiveKernelEvent ab - Similar Threads - Unable pinpoint hardware

2. LiveKernelEvents ab & 141

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LiveKernelEvents ab & 141: Hello,My computer has been freezing pretty frequently in the last couple weeks. It usually happens when I play video games, but it has also happened when it's just idling. Below are some of the crash reports. Please advise what hardware issue I have, or help diagnose the...
  3. LiveKernelEvents ab & 141

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LiveKernelEvents ab & 141: Hello,My computer has been freezing pretty frequently in the last couple weeks. It usually happens when I play video games, but it has also happened when it's just idling. Below are some of the crash reports. Please advise what hardware issue I have, or help diagnose the...
  4. Windows reliability livekernelevent 141 HARDWARE ERROR

Windows reliability livekernelevent 141 HARDWARE ERROR: Been getting random restarts recently but only gotten the blue screen of death couple hours ago. I could just be browsing the web or my PC is just idle and it just crashes. I have 2 minidump files from the 2 blue screen crashes I had today. Any help would be great thank you!...
  5. Windows reliability livekernelevent 141 HARDWARE ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reliability livekernelevent 141 HARDWARE ERROR: Been getting random restarts recently but only gotten the blue screen of death couple hours ago. I could just be browsing the web or my PC is just idle and it just crashes. I have 2 minidump files from the 2 blue screen crashes I had today. Any help would be great thank you!...
  6. Windows reliability livekernelevent 141 HARDWARE ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. hardware error Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: ab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hardware error Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: ab: Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: abParameter 1: aParameter 2: 34080Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 1dbOS version: 10_0_19042Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.4Locale ID: 1033and when my laptop is in the charge and i startturn on my laptop...
  8. Reliability monitor LiveKernelEvent hardware errors

Reliability monitor LiveKernelEvent hardware errors: Hi. Almost everyday in the reliability monitor appears some kind of hardware error, the problem event name is always LiveKernelEvent, but the error code changes, but the most frequent one is 144, but it has shown 17d and 1000015e. Here is one example: Source Windows...
  9. Windows hardware error in reliability monitor

Windows hardware error in reliability monitor: Specs: i7 6820 HK, GTX 980M 32 GB RAM Alienware 15R2 Did a reset to resolve the issue, no luck. Things did previously: DISM, sfc, chkdsk, rollback windows update and driver update, removed Nvidia HD audio, Turned Over clock off and on. Did stress test for CPU, GPU &...
  10. Hardware Error in Reliability Monitor

Hardware Error in Reliability Monitor: My desktop crashed with these 2 hardware error. May I know is there anything I can do to resolve it? Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1:...