Windows 10: Unable to play an exported video project

Discus and support Unable to play an exported video project in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I export my video project I am unable to play the video. When I try to open the video in movies & tv I get his message: "This file isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnwarGlenn, May 5, 2020.

1. Unable to play an exported video project

When I export my video project I am unable to play the video. When I try to open the video in movies & tv I get his message: "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt"

The video plays fine within the photos app I used to edit. I used the default settings to export the video in .mp4 format. I've tried it with and without hardware accelerating encoding. Neither setting works.

:)

AnwarGlenn, May 5, 2020

2. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Photos video project export quality issue

In Windows 10 I created a video project slideshow with the photos app. I'd like to export this video for a Facebook ad. However, the photos app only gives me 3 options to export and all three significantly reduce the quality of the video versus when I
    just view it in the app. Any suggestions how to export and maintain quality?

levinejm34, May 5, 2020
  4. Unable to play an exported video project

Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

When i make a video on the video project function of the photos application, when i go to export it (have tried high and medium file size), it is stuck on 0% and simply will not export. ThanksUnable to play an exported video project :)

CallumWall, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Unable to play an exported video project

1. Unable to play an exported video project - Similar Threads - Unable play exported

2. Exporting Video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exporting Video: A 55 min. video I created two nights ago in the Windows Photo app. has been exporting ever since - going on two days. I create MP4 videos for my church every week and have not had a problem until the last two updates to Windows 10 - It hasn't happened yet, but I'm afraid it...
  3. A tmp is created after export of a project in Windows Video Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A tmp is created after export of a project in Windows Video Editor: Hi Sir, I was using the windows editor for a project and in the end, I exported and waited, the end result was that it created a temp file and the mp4 file was empty Please help me with this... Thanks...
  4. Unable to play videos

Unable to play videos: I don’t know why and when the issue occurred. But now I can't play video files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-play-videos/14eb9a3c-6e6c-4819-b34c-076562c2ccc2
  5. Windows Photo unable to export video

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Photo unable to export video: When trying to export a video created in the Video Editor in Windows Photo, it will say "Exporting..." and then never proceed. I left it running for an hour and there wasn't any progress showing in the bar. It wasn't frozen, since the cancel button still worked. It does...
  6. Video not exporting

Video not exporting: I've spent 3 days editing a video in the photos app, as a Video Project. I have made one video before, about 20 mins long, and that exported fine. However, this one, about30 mins long, refuses to export. I can leave it for 6 hours and it has never gotten over 2%. Sometimes...
  7. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem: Hi, When i make a video on the video project function of the photos application, when i go to export it (have tried high and medium file size), it is stuck on 0% and simply will not export. Thanks:)...
  8. Unable to play a video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to play a video: Hi Can you assist me the following issue? Any quick fix i can do so that can play again the video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-play-a-video/94f828fc-2bcc-4322-b637-845df50a28cc
  9. Export a video project from photos

Export a video project from photos: When trying to export a video from Photos all I get is a pink plaid screen and music. How do I export a video that I can share? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/export-a-video-project-from-photos/a39edfcc-e55c-4f9b-9d75-24af1b0cf4fa
  10. Exporting and Sharing a Video project not working in Microsoft photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exporting and Sharing a Video project not working in Microsoft photos: i recently put together a video project on Microsoft photos and was hoping to upload it to youtube and share it. But when i try to export it stays at 0% and then soon after that crashes. I have tried to refresh and restart the app but its not working. I cant share my video!...