Windows 10: Unable to play any DVDs after the upgrade from Windows 7.

Discus and support Unable to play any DVDs after the upgrade from Windows 7. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Since doing a Win 10 upgrade from Win 7, I'm unable to play any DVDs. I've done the update drivers, reinstall, uninstall,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ram_991, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Ram_991 Win User

Unable to play any DVDs after the upgrade from Windows 7.

Split from this thread.​

Since doing a Win 10 upgrade from Win 7, I'm unable to play any DVDs. I've done the update drivers, reinstall, uninstall, reboot etc, but still no fix. Please advise.

:)

Ram_991, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Long time Windows 10 user, licensed DVD movies suddenly don't play within the past 7 days.

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Did you make any hardware and software changes in your pc prior to this issue?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps and check.

unable to play dvd after upgrading to Windows 10.

Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Unable to play DVD after upgrading from Windows 7.

Hello Tony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Are you able to see the files of the DVD from file explorer?
    • Do you see any error message?
    • Is the DVD recognized by the computer?
    • Do you have any issues while playing the DVD using DVD player app?

Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Please get back to us with the information.

If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 22, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

unable to play DVD in dell INSPIRON 3650

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • In which program are you trying play DVD e.g. Windows Media player?
    Get a DVD player app for Windows 10.

• If you want to play DVDs in Windows 10, go to the Windows Store to buy Windows DVD Player or another app that plays DVDs. Free DVD player options are also available.
    Note: The Windows DVD Player app is available free for a limited time for people upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 with Windows Media Center. After the
    upgrade has completed, Windows DVD Player will be automatically downloaded to your PC.

You may also refer the link below for more information.

DVD playback options for Windows

Do let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to play any DVDs after the upgrade from Windows 7. - Similar Threads - Unable play DVDs

2. Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder video

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder video: I suddenly have this problem, I am Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder videos. I can play any other video e.g. MKV MP4 etc etc......I tried VLC, 5K player, neither work, also burnt the folder to a dvd, but this refuses to play on my PC....the screen flickers then shows the...
  3. playing DVDs'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    playing DVDs': Has anyone downloaded a DVD app? If so which one? Has anyone used a USB external DVD player? If so which one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-dvds/92674b31-6637-4d99-a7df-ca16f80e88dc
  4. Upgraded from 7 to 10 unable to activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded from 7 to 10 unable to activate: Hi, a while back we received a notice that we could upgrade our Windows 7 to 10 free. This was done by my then techie....some 3 years ago. 2 of the PCs now show that Windows requires activation. If I try using the key from the sticker on the PC tower Windows 7 it says it is...
  5. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Using MediaCreationTool 1909 x64, I have been unable to successfully upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate computer to Windows 10. It goes through the process, acts like it going to reboot and then says "Windows upgrade has failed." I thought my issue was with Microsoft update and...
  6. Will not allow DVDs to play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will not allow DVDs to play: This unit will not play any type of DVD ?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-allow-dvds-to-play/099acbae-fba0-455e-8a2d-58d64a2642cd
  7. Can't play DVDs

Can't play DVDs: I have a Dell Inspiron 3670/Windows 10 desktop computer. I cannot play DVDs with the Windows Media Player. No problem playing CDs. I don't get any error message. There is a small arrow at the bottom of the page with the message "retrieving media info" but the DVD never...
  8. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Hello, I'm trying to in-place upgrade my HP EliteDesk 800 G1 using the W10 Upgrade Assistance (currently on Windows 7 SP1). During several attempts, I'm stuck with a different errors, now 0xc1900107. Any advice on how to proceed? Thank you! 144077
  9. problem playing DVDs after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

problem playing DVDs after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: After upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 I cant play my DVDs .Looks like I have no Media player anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-playing-dvds-after-upgrading-from-windows/2f6c63ba-5e36-43f2-8d38-569940d27f9a
  10. PLAYING DVDS ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLAYING DVDS ON WINDOWS 10: I AM NOT HAVING ANY SUCCESS WITH PLAYING DVDS ON MY COMPUTER. I EVEN DOWNLOADED THE VLC PLAYER, BUT STILL DO NOT KNOW HOW TO GET IT TO PLAY....