Windows 10: Unable to play any games on DirectX12

Discus and support Unable to play any games on DirectX12 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I tried playing multiple games with DirectX12, but they open in DirectX11 no matter what, I tried using -force-d3d12 but I don't get any errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NovePetreski, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Unable to play any games on DirectX12

Hello, I tried playing multiple games with DirectX12, but they open in DirectX11 no matter what, I tried using -force-d3d12 but I don't get any errors and it just boots up in DirectX11, but games like Resident Evil Village which does require DirectX12 it runs fine. I also tried installing Graphics Tools and running "dxcpl" to put the game in the directory and force it to run DirectX12 but I still don't get any errors and it boots up in DirectX11.Can anybody help me please?Thanks

:)

NovePetreski, Jun 30, 2022

2. Games run slow unless I force directx12

My pc suddenly has problems running a lot of games, while it's specs are quite high.

It used to be able to run almost any game, but it currently has issues running any game I try.

It has no issues outside of running games, other things work just fine.

The games run at about ~15 fps, while I should be easily able to run them.

I have been able to fix 2 games using steam flags:

• Dead by Daylight by using the -dx12 flag
    • Rimworld by using the -force-d3d12
    So both of these flags force the game to run using directx12, but I have no idea why this works. I would force every game to run in directx12 if I could, but I can't find the needed flags for all of them and it's quite tedious so I would prefer a more permanent solution.

dxdiag says the directx version is 12, and every directx or .net repair tool I found says everything looks good.

I have tried to find a way to reinstall directx12, but that doesn't seem possible unless I'm missing something.

Other things I have tried:

• reinstalling drivers using Geforce Experience
    • reinstalling multiple games
    • selecting high performance options in nvidia control panel and windows settings

TimHardemanNL, Jun 30, 2022
  3. What's the problem with Directx12?

Hi Microsoft. I have dire question that needs addressing.

"What's the problem with Microsoft Directx 12 API as far as compatibility issues?"

Directx12 as we know has been around 5 years since the release of Microsoft 10. No matter what graphics card is used or what configurations are set, when Directx12 API is loaded, regardless of what type of game is played, it always crashes. Frozen screen.

Over the years, there have been countless gaming forums on the internet of thousands of gamers having the same issue; no one has ever gotten Directx12 to work in any game successful ever.

With a 2080 TI, I can't even enable raytracing without Directx12 in Control by 505 games. Like everyone else, with Directx12, the issue has gone on for years.

So my question is:

1.why is why is Directx12 offered in games if no one can use it?

2. Does Microsoft have any knowledge of this issue?

I will send this message to NVIDIA as well. I want to get to the bottom of this. Thank you for reading and understanding the issue. Please respond whenever possible.

Good Monty, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Unable to play any games on DirectX12

Can't play my pes13 game on my windows 10 professional PC desktop

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play game.

I will certainly help you with this.

Did you check the game compatibility with Windows 10?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to run the program in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the game icon through which you launch the game.

• Click on properties.

• Click on compatibility tab.

• Check the box, run this program in compatibility mode and select the previous operating system.

• Click on apply and then ok.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

Unable to play any games on DirectX12

1. Unable to play any games on DirectX12 - Similar Threads - Unable play games

2. unable to detect any network when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to detect any network when playing games: so im having a weird issue where my pc will disconnect from wifi when playing a game like cyberpunk or starfield and will be unable to ditect any networks until i ether restart my pc or disable and enable my wifi driver. i have no issue any other time. i can use stable...
  3. unable to detect any network when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to detect any network when playing games: so im having a weird issue where my pc will disconnect from wifi when playing a game like cyberpunk or starfield and will be unable to ditect any networks until i ether restart my pc or disable and enable my wifi driver. i have no issue any other time. i can use stable...
  4. DirectX12 Issues when playing older games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX12 Issues when playing older games.: Hello I'm stumped! I recently bought a brand new computer, I had someone install the components. I have windows 11 with DirectX12My System Specs for System Information + DxDiag Notes + DirectX Debug Levels are as follow------------------System Information------------------...
  5. DirectX12 Issues when playing older games.

DirectX12 Issues when playing older games.: Hello I'm stumped! I recently bought a brand new computer, I had someone install the components. I have windows 11 with DirectX12My System Specs for System Information + DxDiag Notes + DirectX Debug Levels are as follow------------------System Information------------------...
  6. Unable to play any games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play any games: Started having issues with my pc 2 days ago. Recently have done the whatcrashed test “On Wed 9/28/2022 7:46:26 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\ MEMORY DMPThis was probably caused by the following module: ntkrImp.exe nt!setjmpex +...
  7. Unable to play any games

Unable to play any games: Started having issues with my pc 2 days ago. Recently have done the whatcrashed test “On Wed 9/28/2022 7:46:26 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\ MEMORY DMPThis was probably caused by the following module: ntkrImp.exe nt!setjmpex +...
  8. Unable to play any games on DirectX12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play any games on DirectX12: Hello, I tried playing multiple games with DirectX12, but they open in DirectX11 no matter what, I tried using -force-d3d12 but I don't get any errors and it just boots up in DirectX11, but games like Resident Evil Village which does require DirectX12 it runs fine. I also...
  9. Unable to play a game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to play a game: When I play League of Legends, it will always log me off and say that a critical error has occurred, and tells me to submit this link C:\Users\zackb\AppData\Local\Temp\PKM31A5.tmp Thank you....
  10. unable to play any game in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to play any game in windows 10: I used to play game like Rise of the tomb raider ,WWE 2K15,Assassin creed Black Flag on windows 10 after reinstalling windows 10 new version I am unable to play any of those including other the game get install but not run Problem with Rise of the tomb raider it does...