Windows 10: Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App

Discus and support Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Without any reason, one day I realised I cannot play any videos in YouTube in any browser, Chrome or Edge . Pressing Play Button it seems playback... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cornel N, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Cornel N Win User

Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App

Hi

Without any reason, one day I realised I cannot play any videos in YouTube in any browser, Chrome or Edge . Pressing Play Button it seems playback wants to start but it stops immediately. I downloaded the video. The same behaviour for the Movies &TV App, the downloaded video cannot be played. Strangely, the downloaded video can be played perfectly using VLC Player. My machine is an Intel NUC 5i5 RYK with a Intel R hd Graphics 6000 Videocard with the latest 20.19.15.5058 driver version. OS is Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. It is obvious it is not about cookies or other Internet settings because the video cannot be played offline in the Movies & TV App.

Also, if it was a codec probelem there is no explanation why a few days earlier the videos could be perfectly played...

Uninstalling and reinstalling the video card didn't help either. Any idea what is all about?

Thank you very much!

:)

Cornel N, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Gunite Win User

Movies and Tv app won't play any videos in windows 10

Only way I've found to side step the issue is open up your favorite web browser in Win10 and play Amazon, Netflix, or a YouTube movie in the browser. Then open Movies and TV and start playing the movie you want to watch. It will cut the movie off in the
    browser and start playing in the Movies App. This method doesn't work for me if I try to play the actual Netflix App and try to play Movies App. This is the only PC that has this issue and of course it's my living room HTPC.

Gunite, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Blurry video on YouTube TV - Roku

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

Generally, the video frame buffer is separate from the UI graphics framebuffer, so the video shouldn’t be doing any unnecessary scaling before the final image is output. This is a known issue with the YouTube TV app on Roku.

However, you can overcome this behavior by doing the steps listed below:

• Play a video and while the video is playing press
      Home
      on the remote.
    • Launch YouTube again, it will stop loading and go back to the home screen.
    • Launch YouTube again, the video should play with better clarity now.

If the issue persists, you may get in touch with the Roku Support.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 27, 2020
  4. HITrojan Win User

Movies & TV app

Thank you, I will try the initial troubleshooting steps you suggested. I didn't make any changes to my desktop and laptop, unless an automatic update changed something without me knowing. I am able to play the videos using 3rd party apps (KM and VLC),
    but they no longer play on the Movies & TV app which I prefer.

HITrojan, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App - Similar Threads - Unable play videos

2. Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10: Windows 10-Videos Movies & TV is set as my default app in settings. When I double click on a video, the video image loads OK, but when I hit the play button, nothing happens. However, when the same clip isopened with Windows Media Player, it plays fine. Question: If...
  3. Movies & TV app crash after 1-5 seconds of playing any video file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies & TV app crash after 1-5 seconds of playing any video file: Every time i open an mp4 or webm file with the Movies & TV app it will suddenly crash after a couple of seconds. Is there anyway i can fix this?...
  4. error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good: when i play a movie with movie and tv App its tell me "Missing codec" and the error code 0x887a0004. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-while-playing-videos-with-movies-and-tv-app/54c1fd67-0825-478c-90cf-3b5d82571bc0
  5. Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app: [ATTACH] Please Help, I can't play some videos in Movies and TV app, whenever I click on the file, The App goes into a weird full screen with dark no video and then immediately crashes. I've noted the codec from VLC, a screenshot of codec information of the file is posted...
  6. Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077

Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077: Hello, I recently updated Windows 10. After the update, it asked if I'd like to delete the old copy of Windows to free up drive space. I did that, now none of my video files, it doesn't matter if it's mp4 or not, will play for a half of second then give me error...
  7. Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset

Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset: The app shows a black screen in my HTC Vive headset when trying to play movies. Plays fine on my monitor. In headset only sound, subtitles and the pop up showing what the film is when loading, but no film. Can watch Netflix fine, Youtube fine. Unsure if this has always been a...
  8. problem while playing any videos in movies and tv app of windows 10 after the update.

problem while playing any videos in movies and tv app of windows 10 after the update.: Hi, This is regarding the issue which i am facing while any videos in the in-built app of windows 10 which is Movies and T.V. app after the upgrade.The issue which i am facing right now is that when i start playing any video, a dark green color background will appear on...
  9. speed videos in Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    speed videos in Movies & TV app: How can I speed videos in Movies & TV app? I mean I want to watch a one-hour video in just 30 or 40 minutes just like in YouTube. Thank you in advance. Greetings...
  10. No Color in Movies and TV while playing videos

No Color in Movies and TV while playing videos: Why no color in The app Movies and TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/no-color-in-movies-and-tv-while-playing-videos/e8321ded-81c1-4e47-982b-9618990b361d