Windows 10: Unable to play audio in my laptop.

Discus and support Unable to play audio in my laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, When I try to play a sound track it gives distorted output or says cannot find the audio device. I tried troubleshooting and updating the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChiluveruKrishnasri, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Unable to play audio in my laptop.

Hello,

When I try to play a sound track it gives distorted output or says cannot find the audio device. I tried troubleshooting and updating the sound drivers. But still the problem persists. Kindly help me to fix my sound problem ASAP.

Thank you

C.Krishnasri

:)

ChiluveruKrishnasri, Oct 28, 2018

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Unable to play Audio Files

Hi Prudhvi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What type of file are you trying to play?

• Is the issue specific to a certain type of files?

• Did you try in a different player?

• Did you install any third party security application?

I suggest you to run the Audio Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps resolve the audio issue.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Playing audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unable to play audio in my laptop.

Unable to Access Audio Enhancements

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the
    playing Audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to try uninstalling your audio driver and check if it helps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the audio driver.
    • Select properties.
    • Click on Driver tab.
    • Select Uninstall.
    Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Unable to play audio in my laptop.

1. Unable to play audio in my laptop. - Similar Threads - Unable play audio

2. Bluetooth device unable to play audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device unable to play audio: So regularly for some strange reason, everytime I connected my bluetooth device before, it *just* says "connected"I cant even upload images so ill just try to describe itAs I said before it just says "connected" without the "with mic, audio" so it legit meant nothing when I...
  3. Bluetooth device unable to play audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth device unable to play audio: So regularly for some strange reason, everytime I connected my bluetooth device before, it *just* says "connected"I cant even upload images so ill just try to describe itAs I said before it just says "connected" without the "with mic, audio" so it legit meant nothing when I...
  4. Why is my laptop not playing the regular audio from Bluetooth audio devices, but playing...

Why is my laptop not playing the regular audio from Bluetooth audio devices, but playing...: First things first, I own a DELL Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1, running Windows 11The Bluetooth Audio devices in question are my JBL Race Endurance TWS Earbuds and JBL Extreme1 Speaker Both of these used to run perfectly fine and audio used to work fine with both of them, but a day...
  5. Why is my laptop not playing the regular audio from Bluetooth audio devices, but playing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop not playing the regular audio from Bluetooth audio devices, but playing...: First things first, I own a DELL Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1, running Windows 11The Bluetooth Audio devices in question are my JBL Race Endurance TWS Earbuds and JBL Extreme1 Speaker Both of these used to run perfectly fine and audio used to work fine with both of them, but a day...
  6. I'm unable to hear audio in my laptop

I'm unable to hear audio in my laptop: I have HP elitebook 840 G6 laptop with Windows 10 with 21H2 version in itAudio through speaker is not audible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-hear-audio-in-my-laptop/b9ccf634-9849-4e22-8338-d76fa210bb6c
  7. UNABLE TO HEAR AUDIO ON MY LAPTOP HELP!!!

UNABLE TO HEAR AUDIO ON MY LAPTOP HELP!!!: I was having problems with my Minecraft so i had reset my laptop and then my audio stopped working. It works when i put headphones in it though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-hear-audio-on-my-laptop-help/48f9391f-96f6-44ee-98af-7c88e0adb8b0
  8. Audio doesn't play anymore on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio doesn't play anymore on my laptop: I recently saw an update on my computer. It was the Sound Research Corp. - Extension - 16.29.71.1962 update. I installed the update and since then audio has stopped playing on my laptop. Whenever I use headphones the audio still works so the problem has to be with the driver....
  9. My laptop is not playing audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is not playing audio: My laptop recently had a new windows update and the speakers name was change to speakers realtec high definition audio device but before the update it did not say realtec in the speakers name in after this happened there was no audio so I was wondering if anybody had...
  10. Unable to play video and audio files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to play video and audio files: For the past few days I have been unable to play any video or audio files on my windows 10 PC. When I attempt to open an audio or video file, the application hangs, or does not load at all, I can still open images and documents fine though. Also when in file explorer, and...