Windows 10: Unable to play audio on Bluetooth speaker though laptop shows connected status

Discus and support Unable to play audio on Bluetooth speaker though laptop shows connected status in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently brought Philips BT50 Bluetooth speaker and it works just fine when connected to my phone. But when I connect my laptop to the speaker, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bangswiftie, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Unable to play audio on Bluetooth speaker though laptop shows connected status

I recently brought Philips BT50 Bluetooth speaker and it works just fine when connected to my phone. But when I connect my laptop to the speaker, the sound is not playing. I tried playing a video and the sound works fine on my laptop speakers but not on the Bluetooth speaker. The video and audio suddenly stops when I switched the playback from default laptop speakers to my Bluetooth speakers.

I have tried everything from trying to update driver (which is already updated), removing then adding the speaker, going to the sound settings and changing the playback to Bluetooth speaker. I also tried to see if I can update/change/add anything on "services", "hardware & sound", "sound settings", "Bluetooth and other devices settings", "device manager" but none of these work.

While doing so, sometimes, none of the output devices are recognised by my laptop and I get some error. Any help would be appreciated since popular solutions didn't work for me.

Thanks.

:)

bangswiftie, Nov 14, 2019
  2. silkmaze Win User

How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away.

I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was wondering if I could setup that audio, be it music, gaming audio or movie audio could be played through BOTH sets of speakers.

The main T40's are on either side of the monitor and I have the bluetooth speaker behind me on a shelf. That would, kind-of, give me surround sound. Or when I have people over I could get better sound if I could just move the bluetooth speaker to a different part of the room.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you.

silkmaze, Nov 14, 2019
  3. ducky01 Win User
    Bluetooth speaker wont connect to laptop?

I'm having some trouble figuring out what to do here, my Bluetooth speaker wont connect and isn't even discoverable by my laptop. i want to connect my Bluetooth speaker to my laptop but when i go to Bluetooth settings my speaker does not show up on the list of devices. I have un-installed and re-installed the drivers, i've reset the Bluetooth driver management service and Bluetooth support services but still nothing is working, any help would be much appreciated.

just in case you need to know the specs.
    speaker: Bush soundbar model-BSB02BT20
    laptop: Hp Elitebook 8470p running windows 10

please help!

ducky01, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Unable to play audio on Bluetooth speaker though laptop shows connected status

Bluetooth speaker not playing

Hello Tanya,

Your Bluetooth speaker might be paired with your PC but not connected. You can try the following steps to manually connect it:

• Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click)
      Volume
      , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth speaker, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth speaker, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth speaker now.

Let us know if performing the steps makes any difference.

Michelle Vil, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Unable to play audio on Bluetooth speaker though laptop shows connected status

1. Unable to play audio on Bluetooth speaker though laptop shows connected status - Similar Threads - Unable play audio

2. Bluetooth device unable to play audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device unable to play audio: So regularly for some strange reason, everytime I connected my bluetooth device before, it *just* says "connected"I cant even upload images so ill just try to describe itAs I said before it just says "connected" without the "with mic, audio" so it legit meant nothing when I...
  3. Bluetooth device unable to play audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth device unable to play audio: So regularly for some strange reason, everytime I connected my bluetooth device before, it *just* says "connected"I cant even upload images so ill just try to describe itAs I said before it just says "connected" without the "with mic, audio" so it legit meant nothing when I...
  4. Unable to connect to Bluetooth speaker.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to Bluetooth speaker.: I am having a Dell laptop. It was having windows 7 but now it is updated to windows 10. It was working fine till 2022. Now I am unable to connect to my Bluetooth speaker which work fine on all other devices. Either it does not get connected or if gets paired then it does not...
  5. Unable to connect to Bluetooth speaker.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect to Bluetooth speaker.: I am having a Dell laptop. It was having windows 7 but now it is updated to windows 10. It was working fine till 2022. Now I am unable to connect to my Bluetooth speaker which work fine on all other devices. Either it does not get connected or if gets paired then it does not...
  6. Unable to connect to Bluetooth speaker.

7. Bluetooth speaker unable to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speaker unable to connect: Hi everyone,I'm having some big issues with connecting my bluetooth speaker JBL Charge 5 with my laptop Win 11 22H2. The speaker pairs initially and Windows says it's paired, but not connected. And it never connects - Windows shows 'unable to establish connection'. So the...
  8. Bluetooth speaker unable to connect

Bluetooth speaker unable to connect: Hi everyone,I'm having some big issues with connecting my bluetooth speaker JBL Charge 5 with my laptop Win 11 22H2. The speaker pairs initially and Windows says it's paired, but not connected. And it never connects - Windows shows 'unable to establish connection'. So the...
  9. Bluetooth speaker will connect but not play

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth speaker will connect but not play: When I turn on the Bluetooth speaker and my computer the speakers give an audio message "Bluetooth connected" but audio will only come from my computer speakers. The device is successfully added and shown with a blue tick when I right click on the Bluetooth icon and "Show...
  10. How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers: I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away. I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was...